Updates:

Fans are welcome!

How to defeat final boss easy way(vid)

Started by arseniy, January 10, 2010, 04:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrickyCC

Nice run!

The way I found easy back then was using the weapon that shoots 2 homing projectiles which drains Power Chips every second when active.

RagnarokNAJU

nice.. i always tend to not use the special weapons towards the end.. ill have to post a vid or something :skull:
~~ Cleaveland

tummai

The triangle backshot :).  That's the way we (my brothers and I) figured out to beat him back when we were kids.  Except I was too scared to leave the corner at all, so I had to use a lot of Enemy Eliminators when projectiles brought my health low.
My NesDev blog: http://tummaigames.com/blog

arseniy

Quote from: tummai on March 10, 2010, 07:07:34 PM
The triangle backshot :).  That's the way we (my brothers and I) figured out to beat him back when we were kids.  Except I was too scared to leave the corner at all, so I had to use a lot of Enemy Eliminators when projectiles brought my health low.
When I played on a console my tactics was different and much more careful :)

tummai

Quote from: arseniy on March 10, 2010, 08:33:58 PM

Does anybody beat him by standing in front of him?  I don't know if I've ever tried and succeeded at that.

arseniy

I could not beat him being on the bottom. I think after several tries I figured it was possible to not be damaged on the top corners and I think first time I beat him with the twirling forward fireball. Next time(on console) I won with twin lazer.
Is there a chance at all to win on the bottom? It's too hard cuz his hand attacks sort of too fast.

tummai

Quote from: arseniy on March 11, 2010, 08:47:58 PM
I could not beat him being on the bottom. I think after several tries I figured it was possible to not be damaged on the top corners and I think first time I beat him with the twirling forward fireball. Next time(on console) I won with twin lazer.
Is there a chance at all to win on the bottom? It's too hard cuz his hand attacks sort of too fast.

It's probably easier to do with a controller instead of a keyboard.  Dpad input is really sensitive in emulators - I run into his arms by accident a lot.

arseniy

I told about playing the game on console around 15 years ago or so ;)

RagnarokNAJU

I always tend to try and play the whole game without special weapons unless im in TGL mode.. four gun power with four bullets does kick some serious damage
~~ Cleaveland

Ratix

man seeing this makes me wanna upload my method i use. throw out our different strats seems like how it should be

arseniy

Quote from: Ratix on January 13, 2011, 03:33:36 PM
man seeing this makes me wanna upload my method i use. throw out our different strats seems like how it should be

Why not!!! Would be intresting to see!
Do you know how to record stuff?
I use camstudio with their loseless codec :heart:. Those instal separately.

Ratix

i use off the wall ways of recording my stuff. since i have a capture card. im trying to get my older computer up and running with the capture card in it but its takin a while longer then i thought. IE had to wipe the drive. i have other capture cards but i have no idea how to get them working currently.
as of this moment though i have the footage recorded on a vhs tape. then i will convert to digital. thats kinda how i do things.
the method yields this result http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJT38FGnF4w
i had no problems with it looking like that. yes i know the audio is out of sync in that one but i since fixed that.
Quote from: tummai on March 11, 2010, 06:35:06 PM
Quote from: arseniy on March 10, 2010, 08:33:58 PM

Does anybody beat him by standing in front of him?  I don't know if I've ever tried and succeeded at that.
you will see, oh yes, you will see
link removed
excuse the audio desync youtube faulted on that. i'll reupload the vid with it correctly synced sometime im tired now anyway

arseniy

You playing this from console and record TV???
I lost my consoles long ago. I only use emulators :bluelander:
That seems like fast defeat of the final boss but looks like not an easy way! :redlander::redlander::redlander:

Ratix

yeah I'm using the actual nes. all the nes consoles i've come across i've been able to fix that is from my territory. US systems that is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s932oKUrOhg resynced properly