Updates:

Fans are welcome!

different weapon select

Started by Megadeth502, April 14, 2010, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megadeth502

i dont really like having to press select to switch weapons, maybe we can make it so you can pre set 4 or so weapons to switch to in game without pausing

also...i really feel that we should not make this game NES.... we need more buttons people, lol...atleast SNES, or if its PC software (instead of a rom) we can use gamepads(example. XBox360 controller plugged into comp).....2 buttons just isnt enough

arseniy

No console. It'll be PC with best we can do. The gamepad handle would be great. Standard has 4 buttons + 4 option buttons right?
Can be done that 3 other buttons shoot the special weapon and when u press select or something like that it pauses game but keeps the area screen. Menu appears where u choose weapons to use.
Or also can be done that u can take with you only 3 weapons into corridor. Corridors never was associate in my mind with something inside but instead with something outside.

Megadeth502

a lot of game have you hold a shoulder button and press the button the weapon is assinged to to switch them

* Light-bulb* wouldn't it be sweet if you could equip 4 weapons at once, one for A,B,X,and Y, so you wouldn't have to switch very often,

example, A= basic gun B= Fireball X= sword and y = grenade or whatever and you could pause the game and configure them any way you wanted

arseniy

Quote from: Megadeth502 on April 14, 2010, 10:27:22 PM
a lot of game have you hold a shoulder button and press the button the weapon is assinged to to switch them

* Light-bulb* wouldn't it be sweet if you could equip 4 weapons at once, one for A,B,X,and Y, so you wouldn't have to switch very often,

example, A= basic gun B= Fireball X= sword and y = grenade or whatever and you could pause the game and configure them any way you wanted
Yes something like that. Just need to try stay away from makeing it into standard SHMUP where the screen full of bulltes. What I like in TGL that u always have the straight forward weapon most of time while many other SHMUP will upgrade ship so it shoot all ways. Oh it's just too confusing for me.

Megadeth502

yes i dont want to be able to shoot all 4 at once...that would get confusing.  Keep it like the original, only basic gun and 1 other can fire at the same time, but i want to be able to equip 4 so we dont have to pause every 30 seconds to change weapons

arseniy

Kat

Maybe have the weapons that have been acquired put on a HUD somewhere on the right side of the screen? Each weapon could be hotlinked to a certain key when you want to switch them out.

RagnarokNAJU

maybe on a platform lik snes it would be an idea to have L and R each assigned a weapon.. that way you couldnt go crazy with four different ones but could use two that combine well.. if you dont waste all the chips.. i dont know.. just a thought
~~ Cleaveland

Megadeth502

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on May 02, 2010, 06:23:06 PM
but could use two that combine well

that gives me an idea. what if we could literally combine certain weapons like Link's BombArrow in the Legend of Zelda. maybe combine the grenade with another weapon so it explodes upon impact and causes more damage.

i dont know thou...maybe to complex for this game.

what do you guys think?

RagnarokNAJU

for sure! like a fireball laser combo... would waste away anything, at the dramatic cost of chips..
or a light saber barrier or something..
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

Making a mixed weapons is nice idea.