Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Controls for VDX Sequal.

Started by RandomSpriter, March 13, 2011, 11:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomSpriter

As most as you know, the game control I had in mind for my remake test, it was rather akward.

Firstly having the arrows up down left and right as shooting/Equips and suchs, the more and more I had ideas to expand it to another way.

The thing I had in mind is that movement up down left and right will stay WASD as usual, but using the Numpad for more diverse controls and usages.
Trying to "replicate" a NES controller might be an idea, but instead of 2 buttons, you'll have about 9 at the tip of your fingers.

WASD = Movement.
Q = Quick Check Map screen(Hold down to see, release to get back, DOES NOT STOP THE GAME(Adventure mode function usually little use in TGL mode.)
E = Secret Screen(Will be announced soonish. ;) )

Numpad 7 8 9 = Sub weapons(Chips, you can have 3 Weapons shootable at same, but only ONE can be active.)
Numpad 5 = Normal Fire(Of course Automatic shooting.)
Numpad + = EE
Numpad 4, 6 = Drone usage(Two active at same time, once per recharge, of course)

T = Pauses the game, going to the Inventory Screen.
R = Unused Function.

I know it sounds clunky, but I think it might work out quite well once you get used to it.

arseniy

quick map with no pause = bad. unless you make it transparent
what is VDX?

RandomSpriter

<--- I am VDX, namely Vordox.
But I use the name RandomSpriter to add my anonomynousity at the start of my first encounter with TGL site. ^^;;

It's my internet name and also my "Company" as you saw before, VDX Retrotainment. Although it's not a Company officially.

And of course it'll be transparent for most part, like 80% or so, will mess around that a bit.

UserK

Please make extra special sure WASD works by "button position" and not by "character". WASD on my computer will map (by character) to positions all over the keyboard!
But considering you guys are from Russia, I bet you know that already...

RandomSpriter

There's an issue with that.^^;;

I thought everyone had the EU setting for the WASD Keyboard Setting available.

arseniy

Quote from: UserK on March 14, 2011, 08:10:25 AM
Please make extra special sure WASD works by "button position" and not by "character". WASD on my computer will map (by character) to positions all over the keyboard!
But considering you guys are from Russia, I bet you know that already...

In russia WASD is fit for game controls

I mean keyboward has original USA(or EU dunno) letters placement.

UserK

I'm fairly surprised you have standard QWERTY-US.
As far as I know, France use AZERTY... mine is all messed arond and goes like that:
, forward
a left
e right
o backward