RandomSpriter

Or we could have the character be custom made? :P

Male/Female
If male, the name must end with eo
if female, the name must end with ia

Due to code names?

RandomSpriter

Or we could keep it as one person that isn't named? :P
Like "Newbie" "Rookie", "Greenhorn" "Seed" or something.
And only reveal her name at the end of the game?

arseniy

I would stay away from rookie. It's Guardian and it's special. This names is for human military service.

RandomSpriter

Well, if you really need a name, a face or a sprite would be need, so let's begin with her description first.

Name?
Nationality?
Hair Color?
Eye color?
What personality?(Will make her do actions during plot events.)
What's her reason to be the hero?
Why her?

Answer these first then we can probably draw a name. :)

arseniy

lol the first question!
name - Nilma
Nationality - japanes :)))
Hair Color - black
Eye color - brown
What personality - honest,purposeful,sense of humor, not like violence, loves nature - animals plants
What's her reason to be the hero - a match and a love for the earth
Why her - a match

RandomSpriter

Japanese.
I think 2 japanese people would probably be 1 too many.

And yeah first question wasn't much thought behind. XD

And her persona seems..."too common", We already had most of those heroines around for most...well..Any game with a cheery person as a hero.
Hair is fine though, so is eye color.

She feels like a....errr, how to say this nicely...

"Miss USA" contest winner. :P
(Which is actually quite shallow most of the time.)

Think we need more in depth unique character then that.

arseniy

Not sure how in games but in life this is a rare personality

RandomSpriter

A cheery goody two shoes = Been plenty of those about in games since 90s games with persona.

It may be a rare in real life, that's cause that persona doesn't really work that well.

Especially not a hero in a fantasy game, that's for certain. ;)

RagnarokNAJU

Ill have to agree that even though it might be rare in real life.. people whom have been writing these stories tend to go for the rare real life persona such as a perfect nature loving violence hating type.. :3
maybe we should go with something odd and groundbreaking, like an angry person with a heart of gold.. she hates the average human for there constant greed and shallowness and she cant stand the way the world works and people treat each other..
but she would defenda life in an instant and has an uncontrollabel empathy and hidden compassion.. just some ideas..
~~ Cleaveland

RandomSpriter

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on May 17, 2010, 09:54:43 AM
Ill have to agree that even though it might be rare in real life.. people whom have been writing these stories tend to go for the rare real life persona such as a perfect nature loving violence hating type.. :3
maybe we should go with something odd and groundbreaking, like an angry person with a heart of gold.. she hates the average human for there constant greed and shallowness and she cant stand the way the world works and people treat each other..
but she would defenda life in an instant and has an uncontrollabel empathy and hidden compassion.. just some ideas..

The personas I made in the other thread is based on that. :P
Not all goody two shoes.

arseniy

Involving moral is highly appreciated. Look around. Games and movies lowered humans moral pretty much(YES RPG games too :))

RandomSpriter

What kind of morale would you be speaking about?

arseniy

any as it's very rare in the movies or games really. It's more of some moral emulation usually but nothing real

RandomSpriter

Well, I'm more for the story then the morale.
The morale doesn't come from the story, it comes from the viewpoints of the characters in the story.

Honestly, I have not thought about that yet for any of the possible scenario of stories we've gotten to. Hmm.

arseniy

Well at least it should be count.
Look what people become playing games. Their moral feelings lowered. Some go out and shoot. Some start to beat their teacher. Many have results that are not obvious.

I just suggest to keep that in mind. The questions about moral and ethic actually are as hard(if not harder) as the most top physic science problems.