Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Corridor 8

Started by Yoyo, April 21, 2011, 03:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoyo

I really need some help guys, pretty please! I've been stuck on Corridor 8 for a few months now, the one where you set your secondary weapon to "no use" and push the A button and the door opens. The really hard one with enemies coming from literally every direction. It isn't so much that part that's the toughest for me by a longshot, that's just pure luck getting passed it. It's the boss.. The huge ugly red dude with eyes all over him who bombards you with more eyes. What's the quickest way to kill him? I read the wave cannon is the most powerful, my hiney! He killed me faster while I was using that than any other weapon! Pleeease help me, somebody. I wanna get through this part already :c
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Ratix

eyegore (RED) i personally hate that boss in the entire game and its even more so a pain when doing shooter mode. the best strat i can give you is lock down his pattern and use the fireball on him when he makes his rounds. like fire when he is heading up on the screen instead of desperatly trying to shoot him when he is heading torwards the bottom of the screen. if you time everything right the battle should be a breeze. once his last eye pops though thats when the joy really sets in.

Yoyo

Ahh, I gotcha! I understand perfectly. Now I just have to learn how to quickly dodge him when he comes zooming down at me XD That part can be pretty tricky.. The fireball certainly is handy though through that whole level. Stupid mushroom guys. Thanks a lot for the help!

Yoyo

WELL how about that. I thought I killed him for sure.. And then he turns gold and starts to bombard me with an endless supply of eyeballs and bullets when I had 0 health remaining! Ugh god.. I hate this guy so much.

arseniy

I don't remember the best tactic but here is the best tip
when he bombs you with much of stuff you should just use EE many times. When u use EE one time and next time fast then it counts like u kill explosions so you can get health easyly this way!

You go it? You get bonuses after numbers of killed enemies and killing explosions with EE counts as enemies.

Yoyo

Quote from: arseniy on April 22, 2011, 03:57:58 AM
I don't remember the best tactic but here is the best tip
when he bombs you with much of stuff you should just use EE many times. When u use EE one time and next time fast then it counts like u kill explosions so you can get health easyly this way!

You go it? You get bonuses after numbers of killed enemies and killing explosions with EE counts as enemies.

I'll definitely keep that one in mind, thank you very much! .. Now I just need to find some EE. I've been out for awhile. >_>

zeldatimelinefreak

Lol... That's why I only use EE when it's absolutely necessary XD!!!
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

Yoyo

Quote from: zeldatimelinefreak on April 22, 2011, 07:48:57 AM
Lol... That's why I only use EE when it's absolutely necessary XD!!!
Good idea, I'll have to keep that in mind when I do my next playthrough now that I know what I'm in for. LOL.

Daegda

Quote from: Ratix on April 21, 2011, 05:38:12 PM
eyegore (RED) i personally hate that boss in the entire game and its even more so a pain when doing shooter mode. the best strat i can give you is lock down his pattern and use the fireball on him when he makes his rounds. like fire when he is heading up on the screen instead of desperatly trying to shoot him when he is heading torwards the bottom of the screen. if you time everything right the battle should be a breeze. once his last eye pops though thats when the joy really sets in.

The boss is actually called Grimgrin just clear it up and if you have not beat him yet here is another tip the fireball is awesome to start with but when his middle eye gets shot out I prefer to use the spinning fireball projectile the one that looks like a O on the weapon screen fire it right in the center of the screen not only will that hit him but take care of a massive amount of his projectiles and you can "shake and bake" while its going to if your running low on health as for the EE charges go into the labyrinth and kill some enemies I want to say like every 15,000 points you get an EE charge box which raises your charges by 20

also it is in my opinions THE hardest corridor boss in the game even the final boss is a cakewalk compared to him
I know this is an old post however I felt it was nice to mention and add that lil bit in case you are still having issues
I am random and random sells cause random is weird and weird sells so if weird sells than normal is old news O_o EPIPHANY !!

RubyC42

So the EE comes out only when you scored 15k? that's new - i thought like other powerups it's random!
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 17, 2013, 12:46:26 AM
So the EE comes out only when you scored 15k? that's new - i thought like other powerups it's random!
I never count but I think maybe powerups are sequential.

Daegda

Well after you get the EE charges originally yes

Quote from: arseniy on January 17, 2013, 01:22:07 AM
I never count but I think maybe powerups are sequential.

I don't know the exact amount but when I go and play with the crab or bombarder for life I notice that the EE charges come around every 15k or so I don't know the exact amount its a lil more than 10k and so when I notice the score around that area of gain the EE charge comes in the next 5-15 boxes
if you miss it though there wont be another one when you score reaches that gain again

so it's just like the life gain but other than the EE's and life I don't think the score has much determination
I am random and random sells cause random is weird and weird sells so if weird sells than normal is old news O_o EPIPHANY !!

RubyC42

Just did a check, and you're right, you get a  new EE every 150,000 points (not 15k)
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Daegda

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 18, 2013, 08:13:32 AM
Just did a check, and you're right, you get a  new EE every 150,000 points (not 15k)

>_> meh i got the score wrong

arseniy

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 18, 2013, 08:13:32 AM
Intresting. So it means the far you go the more often you get EE, because enemies give more socres?