Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Practice Sprites(Concepts)

Started by RandomSpriter, May 06, 2010, 10:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomSpriter

If someone will cosplay Yuni, I'll gladly help them CREATE the dress. :P

So far, spriting stage still, so lots to do on that.

Same with the TGL sprites, I'll continue to do the 16x16 tilesets, if we're to increase it later, I can simply just double the tile sizes to 32x32 and fine adjust them.
It's a start atleast.

RandomSpriter

Any comments on the boss sprites or the alpha test of the Ruined City?

RagnarokNAJU

i dig the boss face.. maybe too much grin, but i suppose tht TGLish
~~ Cleaveland

RandomSpriter

Well, trying to draw something alike to the original.
Still quite tricky really, even if it's 8Bit graphics. >.<

arseniy

The Boss should not have the eye in the middle it make him look like a clown because this eye looks like clown nose :P

RandomSpriter

Aye, having trouble with trying to make it three eyed. =/

Updated the boss again.
Constructive and Critism helps alot.^^

arseniy

Yay animation!

Hrm.. This looks better certainly.

RandomSpriter

Still need more variation like the arrows on the ground for the sandier parts,  also making a shift on the grass might be an idea as well to add some variation illusion.

Updated Tileset + Fun sketches on others(Non-Guardians?) + Random Mug shot of Renia for the fun of it. :P

RandomSpriter

Trying to Finalize the colour scheme for the Ruined City palette.
Think the darker one suits better.

arseniy

The project of such quality can be done in flash really. And it wouldn't be so hard. The only problem is editing the levels. Flash is not handy for it so it require to create a level editor for the game.

RandomSpriter

If you watch the TGL corridors, you'll see a 256 Pixel Pattern on the width with the 240 height being repeated over and over.
A hunch is that the tileset for that just image gets repeated over and over again.
So all you have to do is simple "arcs" of the current place you are in.
For example, intro stage.
1: Sea pattern+Rocks
2: Beach/river part(one scroll.)
3: Road + Smaller houses
4: City entrance(One scroll.)
5: City ruin 1
6: City Ruin 2
7: Crater Entry
8: Crater
9: Middle of the Crater

Just repeat the background images and you'll be done. :)

RandomSpriter

Right then guys, I need help here.

What objects would you want to see in a futuristical future of the Guardian Legend's earth technology.
If you go from the sea, over a beach, over a meadow/Farmland, Over cliff, entry to a city, in a city?

I'm actually in a tough choices here since I really can't picture out many of ideas.

The city is evacuated. Meaning less people and less things, but what about buildings? Statues? Anything.

arseniy

u mean big objetcs mostly I suppose?
Hey is it only one level supposed to be played on earth right?
Maybe some modern architecture sites can help. I will ask my friend he is architector.

arseniy

are you trying to use 16 colors pallete?
oh BTW u can try and see colors in some existing games. Usually there is sort of color balance.
Oh whatever. Just don't limit to 16 colors please!!!

RandomSpriter

I think I already used up more then 16 colours. :P And there'll be more once I double the tiles.
I'm only spriting the base objects, once I double the sizes of the tiles from 16 to 32, the details and colours will blend in more together to make it look more accurate with a higher tilesize.

And yes, big objects for the most part. Cliffs and woods are going to be done as well. But I'm more curious about inside a city.
Just at the entrance of the city, might be a powerplant, or in the middle of the city there'll be a size statue(Like Lady of Liberty size.)

And yes, this is the only planned level for Earth. More like a small tutorial level if anything.
With abit of introduction to the people I've written about in the Character Thread.(If they are to be changed is another thing.)