Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend remake

Started by teremochek, January 12, 2010, 06:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

Fireball will be good to break through

teremochek

Better make speralny meteorite. Or any other form.
Doug, a wave.

EinhanderZwei

Why every shmup sequel has to turn into a Cave-wannabee? Why not the traditional, 'methodical' shmup?  :'(

arseniy

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on April 10, 2012, 01:30:18 PM
Why every shmup sequel has to turn into a Cave-wannabee? Why not the traditional, 'methodical' shmup?  :'(

Like what you mean?  :)

EinhanderZwei

These crazy skull/meteorite bullet patterns... the very last thing that comes to my mind when I'm thinking of TGL

teremochek

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on April 11, 2012, 12:19:23 PM
These crazy skull/meteorite bullet patterns... the very last thing that comes to my mind when I'm thinking of TGL
Need to get people interested.
These skulls most look very intriguing.
Have any other ideas?

arseniy

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on April 11, 2012, 12:19:23 PM

That's what I like about TGL, it's not bullet hell and your shit not shoots all over the screen.

Golbez

Quote from: teremochek on April 12, 2012, 08:16:56 AM
Have any other ideas?

What about a brand new soundtrack, in the style of the old one? I crafted this tune as an example. Could be a new theme to an area map. Is this the direction the game was meant to take? Are these supposed to be all new levels with new music? Or is it a remake of the original, with new skins over the original levels, etc? ... or both8)

If you guys dig this tune, and would like a new soundtrack, I might be motivated to make a bunch more levels and jingles. But I don't want to make an album's worth of tunes if it won't be used.

teremochek

Quote from: Golbez on April 13, 2012, 03:32:15 AM
Quote from: teremochek on April 12, 2012, 08:16:56 AM
Have any other ideas?

What about a brand new soundtrack, in the style of the old one? I crafted this tune as an example. Could be a new theme to an area map. Is this the direction the game was meant to take? Are these supposed to be all new levels with new music? Or is it a remake of the original, with new skins over the original levels, etc? ... or both8)

If you guys dig this tune, and would like a new soundtrack, I might be motivated to make a bunch more levels and jingles. But I don't want to make an album's worth of tunes if it won't be used.

I like this music. Good to use in the game if it's free
Walk MAP AREA unfortunately does not work. Only Fly mode.
Now it's just a game. We can change it as you'd like ..

Golbez

Does this mean your efforts on this project live on? This video looks awesome!

Can you imagine having the core of the game coded, and then make it open source and have many fan-based versions of the game that we can endlessly play?! That'd be amazing.

UserK

Quote from: Golbez on June 09, 2012, 10:27:55 AMCan you imagine having the core of the game coded, and then make it open source and have many fan-based versions of the game that we can endlessly play?! That'd be amazing.
No. This is not how open source is supposed to be used. And that's not how mods are supposed to be made. The Right Way to do this is to use data-driven techniques, for which you don't need code.

Going back to the problem, Teremo has given full source access already!
http://code.google.com/p/the-guardian-legend-blitzmax/

I have not looked at it in a while (some elaborations on code design a few pages ago). It looked fairly code-oriented rather than data-oriented. I sincerely hope the code was refactored since then because it looks quite complex to maintain.

teremochek

Quote from: Golbez on June 09, 2012, 10:27:55 AM
Does this mean your efforts on this project live on? This video looks awesome!
Thanks.
I'm not stable. I wanted to finish the game.
But now I'm doing another game.

Quote from: Golbez on June 09, 2012, 10:27:55 AM
Can you imagine having the core of the game coded, and then make it open source and have many fan-based versions of the game that we can endlessly play?! That'd be amazing.
If we talk about my remake, then code the game open. Theoretically, you can make modifications, but you need to know something. I can answer, if something is unclear. Here's the latest code.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tglbm/files/The%20Guardian%20Legend%20BlitzMax%20%28rev13%29.zip/download

teremochek

:skull:
(back to blitzmax)
Rrandom monsters in level.