Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend remake

Started by teremochek, January 12, 2010, 06:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teremochek

Do not worry. I'm starting to program a new game for mobile platforms.  :bluelander::bluelanderbig:
And I think in the game to preserve the atmosphere of the game (Guardian Legend). :heart:
At the same time that there were no problems with copyright ..  :skull:
At a minimum, the game should draw new graphics and sounds to create new ...
Maybe the game will look different if I am lucky enough to unite with the artist...

Golbez

Greetings TGL'ers. Your forum is tricky to join. I was at a friend's who had the cartridge out for his kids and so I started reflecting on how awesome of a game this was, and as I had heard news of things like the Bionic Commando remake and Metroid 2 remake, I was kind of hoping I might find a sequel or remake for this game when I found this forum. So I'm on page 3 of this thread when I remember, hey you know what might be awesome? I'm no coder, but I do play guitar, and love video games and their music, and I have tabbed out this soundtrack from start to finish on one file which, with a little bit of labor, can be split up into all the individual tracks. But first, I have to google what the planet and fish are called, 'cause for the life of me, I have no idea. =P (Awesome captcha idea, btw.)

But anyways, I have a 64kb MIDI file of the entire soundtrack with near exact replication (if not exact), which I figured you all may be interested in. I also have Synthfont and a variety of soundfonts to go with it that I can provide different instrumentation to the MIDI tracks so as to modernize/update/modify their sound, if that's something you might like for this effort.

As a third (and more difficult option), my guitar chops are pretty decent, and as there's no drums to this soundtrack, and only 3 tracks, it's fairly possible I could record each track on Audacity and make guitar/rock versions of these songs.

If the attachment process in these forums will work for these file types, I have attached the MIDI file (audio playable through your generic media player) and the .ptb file (power-tab file, guitar application to learn to play it). (File size too large - 136kb, lol, just shy of the 128 limit.)

This is the native application for it, which you'll notice the download.com mirror link to assure it's spyware-free:
http://www.power-tab.net/guitar.php

And here are my other contributions in the tabbing realm, including a variety of other video games (to show my credentials):
http://www.powertabs.net/profile.php?id=1712

QuoteThat's been more than half a year, I stopped programming TGL remake.
And if we speak the truth, then this project is dead. Lastly I want to give a level editor.
Happy Birthday Guardic Gaiden !  :heart:

Awww balls. Good thing I saw this spoiler. Now I don't have to read all the other pages. :) Oh well, then enjoy the soundtrack. Maybe someone will find it of some use anyways. Cheers.  :skull: :bluelander: (more chips!)

PS - The for the Soundtrack arrangement, I generally tried to organize the tracks in the order they first appear in the game, and I only repeated the theme once, as it's already 10 minutes long. :)

arseniy

Nice midi, did you compiled that from TGL midi tracks or bothered by yourself?

Golbez

Thanks. I individually input all of that. It used to be a fun hobby of mine before the website I made them for got shut down (powertabs.net). I never even submitted that one to the archives. If this project ever finds new life, maybe I could help in some small way.

UserK

I would not lose hope. Looks like a lot of fans around here have some sort of skill to put to good use.

arseniy

Quote from: Golbez on March 24, 2012, 04:41:55 AM
Thanks. I individually input all of that. It used to be a fun hobby of mine before the website I made them for got shut down (powertabs.net). I never even submitted that one to the archives. If this project ever finds new life, maybe I could help in some small way.
This midi seems to fit perfectly to the original tune. I not sure if this 100% match but sounds kida.

Golbez

So I played through and beat it again. A couple things:

1) You get 10 Shields. Ten, of which I think only 7 are used. And 4 guns, the fourth being right at the end. How useful.

2) I found out the composer's name is Miyamo Shant, and he did the soundtrack to another game: Zanac.

http://www.mirsoft.info/gmb/musician_info.php?id_ele=Mzk5

You can download the soundtrack (in NSF format) here:
http://www.zophar.net/music/nsf/zanac.html

And here's where you can get some plugin's to play NSF files through Winamp and the like. I use NSFplug and it works pretty well:
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/nsf.html

Oh, and 3) The blue guy gives you life. The red guy gives you chips. I was wrong.

Edit - Ahahah, track 9 is the sound affect for getting a level up in TGL. He reuses that sound. Pretty good soundtrack so far as well.

arseniy

Yeah Zanac also has nice music. Too bad they did sequel to Zanac instead of TGL, but Zanac had more popularity than TGL I guess.

UserK

And it still far from being a megahit. But at least it's known.

arseniy

Quote from: UserK on April 04, 2012, 09:38:34 AM
And it still far from being a megahit. But at least it's known.

In my opinion TGL is 10 times better than Zanac. Maybe they did bad marketing. All the covers of the cartrige and box are horrible. Or course japanese picture is nice but it's not attractive for a game to buy. I think the game graphics itself is way better than any box\cartrige cover TGL had(EU,US,JP)

teremochek

Better, would have created a level for TGL remake than just a chat)

teremochek

arseniy

Fun fun fun!  :redlander:

The only thing I would change is to setup the shooting skeletons some how simmetrically.

teremochek

It is possible to make such a boss. Still need to change the color. :bluelander: :redlander:
It is interesting to do a bone passage. What would have the edge on the sides and in the middle - vertebrae. :skull:

teremochek

Multiple circular meteorites  :skull: