Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend remake

Started by teremochek, January 12, 2010, 06:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teremochek

All greetings. My name is teremochek. I love TGL and I wish to make continuation of this game. Some times I started to work over continuation, then interrupted, then started over again.
1. The first time I wrote on play basic. I did not have not enough experience, and play basic it has appeared paid. (2008)

2. Further I have started to master Blitz3d. It has appeared too not easily. Especially at me no 3D models, and the artist from me not the best. I too have decided not to work.(2008-2009)

3. Then me has interested BlitzMax. It simple and strong.
On it I have stopped. Also has made TGLR Walk (Zelda world). But has been occupied by another project, and has stopped to work.(2009)

4. Then I have still started to do TGLR fly.(2009)

I wish to renew work on mine project. Also I hope that who-nibut will want to help. :bluelander:  :bluelanderbig: :bluelander:

Code
http://code.google.com/p/the-guardian-legend-blitzmax

Download
http://teremochek2008.narod.ru/games/The_Guardian_Legend_remake_rev1.part1.rar
http://teremochek2008.narod.ru/games/The_Guardian_Legend_remake_rev1.part2.rar
http://teremochek2008.narod.ru/games/The_Guardian_Legend_remake_rev1.part3.rar

Download (rev11) and Editor
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tglbm/

TGLBM15  download

RagnarokNAJU

i really feel that a remake on the same format as the original would be awesome... instead of 3-d and new age expensive feeling.. it wouldbe cool to have a NES or even an SNESfeeling to the game.. just a thought
~~ Cleaveland

Megadeth502

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on March 03, 2010, 12:46:49 PM
i really feel that a remake on the same format as the original would be awesome... instead of 3-d and new age expensive feeling.. it wouldbe cool to have a NES or even an SNESfeeling to the game.. just a thought

yes i agree, i don't think 3d is necessary , i would love to see a SNES remake

(but if someone wants to do a 3d version, by all means, go for it)

RandomSpriter

If it were to be as a SNES one, 3D should probably not the be a good choice, there's been alot of good games that got abit "ruined" by making them 3D, like Blaster Master, another classic, went from 2D to 3D and it was pretty famous for being "Akward" without having the old feeling of it being a unique gametype.

If you'll be trying to make it more SNES feeling, a simple retouch can make a good impression Like for example. Let me whip something up in a second.

Edit: If you were, for example, to make a smoothening of the Original sprites(Although it's more like a ReMake then a scratch sprite.) to make it able to hold double the pixel frame, we could somehow get the old feeling of it being the original yet with a touch up. Like this one I made in a few minutes.

It gives you a more of a "same" feeling.

Of course only a touch up of the sprites can only go so far, with the level design still may be of a newer taste if you were to change it to make it more of a "new" game. But Copyright as well may come in the way if this project were to leave the ground.

There's alot to think of here, heh.

If you possible were able to use the touched up sprite in your Play Basic programming, Teremocheck?
Atlteast it's a start?

Also, I love the feeling of being overwhelmed in that last screenshot you have, Tere.

arseniy

Even if it will be 3D(which I doubt) we all are intrested to make some special atmosphere like original one have.
Personally I think it will be 2D tho. This way is more possible to keep project open for single effort enthusiasts like creating a one enemy sprite.

RandomSpriter

You already thought of the single effort helpers as well, There one second, gone the next. Poof.
That's one of the reason I can only help out with alittle things, since I am one of those as well. Bleh.

Well, even with that in mind, creating new sprites is quite a lot of work, especially if you were to create new big sized bosses(Although with the limitation from NES to PC is extensive, Animated Sprite Bosses is fun yet tedious amount of spritiing on the quality.).
It's still Tere's programming that may be quite a big progress from ideas to actual programming, he has already done the World Walk, Fly Zone in real programming code, which is quite a feat.

arseniy

RandomSpriter

Not just any bosses, BIG ones. Even Fleepa is insane big in the game. And think about spriting that. >.<

arseniy

For example I m flash developer. U can use tween animation in flash. It can save lots of time than frame by frame. I think Fleepa can be animated like that. So you create a separate parts of Fleepa and then move them with tween animation.

I would love to see not a remake of old but something new. Original game is perfect already in a way.
Dreaming of new bosses :redlander:

RandomSpriter

Well that's where we're different, I like doing things frame by frame, even if it is tedious.  ;)
That's the only way they could make NES and SNES games back in the days, that's the reason I want to become a good enough spriter.
Even though I kinda need a break from my own game in development, just to get some ideas for spriting as well that I like TGL alot.

Quote from: arseniy on April 25, 2010, 06:45:24 PM
I would love to see not a remake of old but something new. Original game is perfect already in a way.

You say that after I started on the fifth sprite. :P

Well if you're aiming for something new, I really can't help out that much.

Also..
I'm mostly only good at remaking or changing already existing sprites. >.<

arseniy

Can you look at the final screen and decide to make her belly covered?
it's for the logo change

RandomSpriter

I don't understand your request, Arseniy.

arseniy

Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 04, 2010, 08:14:02 AM
I don't understand your request, Arseniy.
Well look on her cloths. Under the bra the body is covered. Hm.. Maybe I should try to play with your image myself. I would fix plane a little to make it look more streamlined.

RandomSpriter

Like that? Even added the pendant.
Her white colour though is not so easily visible, but it's there.

arseniy