Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Multiple planets

Started by Roundcreatureinnextroom, May 10, 2010, 07:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundcreatureinnextroom

Maybe traveling to different planets throughout the game some with different climates different enemies maybe add some rpg elements
I will sell this to you

arseniy

Very questionable.
I think it's more possible to make mods of TGL sequel with a plot happening on other planet/time/character/plot :)

RandomSpriter

Aye, I recall someone giving the idea of different "Najeons".

QuoteAnother variation of the setting of the sequel
Naju: Research and Development Planet
Naji: Military Based Planet
Naja: Habital Based Planet
Najo: Natural Based Planet(Where the Aliens came from before spreading to all Naj-eons.

We might expand on this, as it feels like this might be the probably plotline we have.

arseniy

Yep this idea was suggested almost from beging http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,87.0.html

but it probably too much work to try to start with and balance that.

RandomSpriter

Depends.

Naji may be the closest to Earth and gets explored first. Once there and "investigated" it, you'll find the coordinates for Naja, once you've completed Naja, you'll find your way to Najo.(The last secret planet might even be. *GASP* NAJU IS STILL EXISTING!)

And of course, hidden areas on the other planets makes you want to come back to the older planets(Why destroy them when they are not a threat to Earth? :3)

arseniy

Destroying planets not good idea at all. involving real space physics knowledge would be awesome. I not know much about this things like black holes,pulsars, collisions between galactics. Having a real facts involved would be good. Like if you destory some planet in our solar system it would change balance right?

RandomSpriter

Ah sorry, they are space stations, not planets, just used to calling them that.^^;;

Older planets was being refered to as Naji Najo and Naja.
Once cleared they can be hiding something. ;)

arseniy

But then again. Why this planets named similar? I think Naju was belong to some very different race than the Aliens who did attacked it. I not remember if you answered this.

RandomSpriter

That is correct.

Imo: They were called the Naj-eons, different high advanced Technologic wonders of the "original creators" race, which we have 0 information about.
Naju was merely a Research and development Space station, due to it having all kinds of Flora and Fauna and Minerals areas in the game.
And they were overrun by the Aliens that took it over and wiped out the inhabitants(Or so we think.).

Who said they didn't make other Space stations for other purposes?
A Space station for the Race.(Naja)
A space station for their original fauna(Their own original planet might have been destroyed?)(Najo)
A space station for their Weapons and self Mechanical/Bioroids research(Naji)

It's just an idea, and I really seem to have fallen for just that these might be quite valueable.

Also, another thing Arseniy.
Even though we wish to follow the original to the core, adding things to it may seem like a bad choice.
But if you expect to expand it further, we may add in things that we ourselves may enjoy to see in TGL.
Don't be afraid to add more story, plots, Characters places and even create the original race with 0 information about them.

arseniy

I agree. But would would call planet an "our home" if it was just another station.
We not have to follow to the core though. It could be even a story not very related to original but haveing a same but improved mechanics so it would feel like a straight follower of original :3

RandomSpriter

Quote from: arseniy on May 10, 2010, 08:27:19 AM
I agree. But would would call planet an "our home" if it was just another station.
We not have to follow to the core though. It could be even a story not very related to original but haveing a same but improved mechanics so it would feel like a straight follower of original :3

That's why I am doing what I can around here.
I know it feels weird to add things that the original creator didn't add.  But I want to expand the story possibilities, and I don't mean by alittle.
But will try and maintain the gameplay as much as possible.

arseniy

Yes the story can be changed a lot. The sequel can be direct or not direct or it can be a separate story.

RandomSpriter

Quote from: arseniy on May 10, 2010, 09:28:25 PM
Yes the story can be changed a lot. The sequel can be direct or not direct or it can be a separate story.

So far I'm leaning towards a Direct Sequel, with Naju Naja Naji and Najo involved.
As you can read what I talked about in the plot thread.

teremochek

Quote from: Roundcreatureinnextroom on May 10, 2010, 07:51:55 AM
Maybe traveling to different planets throughout the game some with different climates different enemies maybe add some rpg elements
Excellent idea. Travel on planets, is very interesting to me.
                                                 (p.s.this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days  :skull:)

laizhensil

I think it's a great idea, personally.

But of every idea you ought to ask the following...

1)  Does it fit the story?  Can it be integrated into existing lore, somehow?
2)  Is it possible, programming-wise?
3)  Is it feasible?  Is it time efficient?  Obviously there are some incredible things which could be put into the game if we all had our druthers, but for a fan project, keeping it simple might make it easier to realize the idea.