Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend - Map and Passwords (MaPs)

Started by Anegorami, July 22, 2012, 07:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anegorami

Features:
Save system.
Dynamic map (for any TGL rom).

Requirements:
FCEUX 2.2.3

Download:
https://mega.nz/#F!QtZQBK4Y!fmg_r54_wpoUtDCIFAxFPg

Instructions:
Download and unpack archive to FCEUX root directory.
Run FCEUX, load The Guardian Legend.
Select "Lua => New lua script window..." from the "File" submenu.
Once "Lua Script" window shows itself, press "Browse..." button and select "TGL/main.lua".
Press "Run" button.
If everything went fine, you should see "TGL Map" window.

• To save your game, you must find a save room first. Once inside, select "NO USE" weapon (:redlander:) and press "A". After that you should see a password screen. Now press "Save" button near the map and choose file to save your data to.
  • To load your game, select "Password continue" from main menu. Then, press "Load" button near the map and choose your save file. After successful load, you should see your map. Now return to the game and select "END" command. Magic.

From now on, I will check this forum daily. If you found a bug, you can leave a post here or use official Discord channel (https://discord.gg/93C68CT).

Changelog:
R10 (2019.12.27)

• Player moving / teleportation and other cheats were reimplemented.
R1 ~Repository relocation~ (2018.06.28)

• Redrawing flickering reduced.
R12 (2018.06.01)

• Another canvas fix - top rooms now have their north wall.
R10 & R11 (2018.05.30)

• Fixed bug with red blocks.
  • Fixed strange behavior of the canvas.
R9 (2018.05.29)

• First public release.

Anegorami

arseniy

Anegorami

Anegorami

Bchulo

OMG that's soo cool. too bad i didnt have this before i memorized the whole map by heart, but still i replay this game constantly so i will definitly be getting good use out of this.

RubyC42

too bad though this only works with the original TGL, not TGL: Secret (the script still works, but the map shows the original's, so using it on the remake make it look totally weird, but still better than iPhone 5 maps  :redlander:)
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

Quote from: RC42 on October 09, 2012, 06:33:33 AM
too bad though this only works with the original TGL, not TGL: Secret (the script still works, but the map shows the original's, so using it on the remake make it look totally weird, but still better than iPhone 5 maps  :redlander:)

Yes, the map set there manually if you check files. So theoretically it is possible to rebuild the map for Optomon's TGL 3.0.

Anegorami

Quote from: RC42 on October 09, 2012, 06:33:33 AM
Quote from: arseniy on October 09, 2012, 08:32:52 AM
Yes, the map set there manually if you check files. So theoretically it is possible to rebuild the map for Optomon's TGL 3.0.
Update: v2.0 beta.

Anegorami

Update - DMM for Area 0 of "TGL-Secret" now available.

AlastorSX

So, I am noob sauce when it comes to this kinda stuff... How exactly do I incorporate this into my rom? Do I use Winrar and unpack it? And if so, where do I go from there?
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

Anegorami

Quote from: AlastorSX on October 25, 2012, 12:25:30 AM
So, I am noob sauce when it comes to this kinda stuff... How exactly do I incorporate this into my rom? Do I use Winrar and unpack it? And if so, where do I go from there?
First you must download FCEUX 2.1.5: http://www.fceux.com/web/download.html
Next download script and libs and unpack them somewhere (for example ./lua/TGL MaPs).
Then run FCEUX and load TGL ROM.
Select "File->Lua->New Lua Script Window".
In new window ("Lua Script") press "Browse..." and select "TGL MaPs.lua". Press "Run".
If you done everything right, you must see something like this:

To save your game find password room, press [A] to bring password on screen and press "Save".
To load your game select "Password continue" from main menu and press "Load". Select save file. Then return to the game and press "END".

AlastorSX

"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

Anegorami

Update - added music replacer based on headfonez's code. For now it works, but there is still a lot of bugs. I'll update this module of my script asap.
If you update script from older version - redownload and replace libs.

To turn MR on:

• First, make sure that you have sounds in "sound" dir.
  • Turn off sound in FCEUX.
  • Check "Music->Enable" in MaPs.
  • Wait until "Enable" field actually checks.
  • Restart the game