Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend - Map and Passwords (MaPs)

Started by Anegorami, July 22, 2012, 07:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quoise Games

that was fast.

I've updated the sound pack at: http://www.mlpmedia.net/TGL/soundUpdate1.zip

There shouldn't be any crashes now since all of the sound.ogg files are present

good job merging my MR code.

Anegorami

Golbez

I was able to download it, but it was 0kb and the zip contained no files.

Also, hopefully it'll address this crash which occurred after I beat the first mini boss.

But seriously, I got the map thing working right, and together with the new sounds and mod, and this is a completely transformed game. It's freaking awesome! Thanks everyone, for all your efforts!

Anegorami

Update - crash on "File not found" error now solved. To play "corridor win theme" correctly redownload music pack.
Also added automatic game reload.

Golbez

Hmm.  I redownloaded sound.zip and installed them (I noticed it only added 1 new file), but I still get the same exact crash at the same exact spot, after defeating the first polypus.

Quoise Games

Basically just make sure there is a 1 through 71 sound.ogg.  if there isnt, place a silence file there instead, and the problem should be fixed.

Golbez

Yeah, there's only 64 out of 71. You're missing: 12, 18, 21, 26, 31, 68, 69.

So for a silence file, rather than creating "New file" and changing a text document to, for example, "sound12.ogg," could I make duplicates of sound61.ogg (filesize 5kb) and rename that to 12, 18, etc? I suspect a generic "New file" may not work as well as one that is a legitimate file type.

Golbez

I'm sad to report I tried exactly that and it still crashed the game at exactly the same spot. Though the same error was not produced, and I hastily closed it without capturing the screen shot. However, I feel like it was the normal Windows 7 generic program crash. "Stopped responding."

Edit - Yup. Tried again. Went to the other mini boss just for variety and to see if it wasn't something specifically tied to that first boss. Here's the message:

Quoise Games

Quote from: Golbez on November 01, 2012, 06:10:20 PM
I'm sad to report I tried exactly that and it still crashed the game at exactly the same spot. Though the same error was not produced, and I hastily closed it without capturing the screen shot. However, I feel like it was the normal Windows 7 generic program crash. "Stopped responding."

Edit - Yup. Tried again. Went to the other mini boss just for variety and to see if it wasn't something specifically tied to that first boss. Here's the message:
Sorry to hear.  It's working for me when having a ogg for every sound.  Double check and make sure all of the sounds have ogg files.

Golbez

Attached is the list of all the songs in winamp, including the 7 I created off of file 61.

However files 12, 18, 21, 26, 31-34, 37, 38, 54, 56, 61, 62, 64, 65, 68, 69 play nothing in winamp.

Yet files 33-34, 37-38, 54, 56, 64-65 are larger than 5kb (what I assume is the typical empty file).

That leaves files 12, 18, 21, 26, 31, 32, 61, 62, 68, and 69 as the 5 kb files, which makes sense because I created 12, 18, 21, 26, 31, 68, 69 off of 61. So that leaves 32 and 62 as the 5k's before I did anything to 'em, which are probably not the ones to copy.

So, round 2, revamped strategy. Delete "Clone 61" files 12, 18, 21, 26, 31, 32, 61, 62, 68, and 69, and replace with clone file 33-4, etc (any one ought to do, hopefully).

I'll let you know if I find a "blank" file that works.

Edit - SUCCESS! I modified all the red files with Clone33 and I got past the boss. I'd recommend doing the same and rehosting. Or I could host my zip in its place. That is, if anyone else is experiencing the crash.

Anegorami

Quote from: Golbez on November 01, 2012, 07:31:10 PM
Attached is the list of all the songs in winamp, including the 7 I created off of file 61.

However files 12, 18, 21, 26, 31-34, 37, 38, 54, 56, 61, 62, 64, 65, 68, 69 play nothing in winamp.

Yet files 33-34, 37-38, 54, 56, 64-65 are larger than 5kb (what I assume is the typical empty file).

That leaves files 12, 18, 21, 26, 31, 32, 61, 62, 68, and 69 as the 5 kb files, which makes sense because I created 12, 18, 21, 26, 31, 68, 69 off of 61. So that leaves 32 and 62 as the 5k's before I did anything to 'em, which are probably not the ones to copy.

So, round 2, revamped strategy. Delete "Clone 61" files 12, 18, 21, 26, 31, 32, 61, 62, 68, and 69, and replace with clone file 33-4, etc (any one ought to do, hopefully).

I'll let you know if I find a "blank" file that works.

Edit - SUCCESS! I modified all the red files with Clone33 and I got past the boss. I'd recommend doing the same and rehosting. Or I could host my zip in its place. That is, if anyone else is experiencing the crash.
Hmm... Seems like you just ignored last script update. If you redownloaded only music pack - update your copy of the script.

P.S.: I think we must create full list of TGL music/sounds and try to make original sound pack. It will help in testing.

Anegorami

Golbez

Yeah, I didn't realize the script was updated. I thought it was just the sound pack. *oops*

I went ahead and opened one of the main stage themes in Audacity and truncated the start and end so that it loops better. I think it was a Minibosses cover. I'm attaching that, if you'd like to update your sound20.ogg file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdo1kczrhrzg511

Anegorami

Quote from: Golbez on November 02, 2012, 07:45:03 PM
Yeah, I didn't realize the script was updated. I thought it was just the sound pack. *oops*

I went ahead and opened one of the main stage themes in Audacity and truncated the start and end so that it loops better. I think it was a Minibosses cover. I'm attaching that, if you'd like to update your sound20.ogg file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdo1kczrhrzg511
sound20.ogg updated.

I find out that some sound codes don't actually play music/sound, but instead activate some effects:
31 - simply stop any music playback.
69 - make music fade out (boss effect).
Both of them now supported, so sound31.ogg and sound69.ogg are not used anymore.

Anegorami

"Been a while."

Due to some nasty (really nasty) RL events, I was in a horrible "social death" state for quite some time. Now I'm back. Probably. :bluelanderbig:

Anyway, previous version of the script was lost forever, so I write a brand new one. This version still lacks some features of the original, but already (much) more stable and cleaner. For example, map update delay is now gone. Completely. Also, this version works with any TGL ROM by default (still testing this part).

Well, this is it. If you found any bug, you can leave post here. Or there: http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,1808.0.html. Or use Discord channel. Seriously, use Discord, my response time there much lower.