Updates:

Fans are welcome!

What's everyone's role in this project?

Started by optomon, July 26, 2012, 12:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optomon

So I'm trying to figure out what exactly everyone's role is on the new Guardian Legend game that is being made, or even what officialt progress has been made. I know teremochek seems to be making the bulk of the main game, but someone else is also doing a flash game too. Maybe the project could use a little more organization, maybe an official web page or blog on it, or does that already exist?

arseniy

they run pretty separted.
the guy with flash version don't need anybody. he also don't want to show progress becase he afraids problems with copyrights.
latest video on teremochek's project you can see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB19jHHC7Fg

better organization would be good of course, but I don't seems to have time to try organize such project.
if someone could do that, would be great ;D

arseniy

Anegorami

Also I have small demo of possible sequel. For now the project is frozen until I find spriter.

Installation:
Download Love2D: https://love2d.org/
Install/Unpack.
Download game module: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/79803223/Forum/TGL/TLoMSM%20Eng.love
Run it with double-click (open with "love.exe") or through the console [love "TLoMSM Eng.love"].

Golbez

Wow, that's a cool sequel, but it's freaking hard. No health bonuses? And the controls are backwards. I play First Person Shooter games, and it's almost universal that we use WASD for the arrow keys. So I'm left handed in controlling arrows, which makes it uncomfortable to cross over to the arrow keys with my left hand, and the left control button with my right hand. Still, promising start.

Heh, yey. I beat it.

arseniy

I think it's most hard to organize programmers. If one programmer starts and then quit, how other would continue? That means there need to be a good choose of platform so it would be possible for other to catch up.

Anegorami

Quote from: Golbez on July 27, 2012, 09:25:17 AM
Wow, that's a cool sequel, but it's freaking hard. No health bonuses? And the controls are backwards. I play First Person Shooter games, and it's almost universal that we use WASD for the arrow keys. So I'm left handed in controlling arrows, which makes it uncomfortable to cross over to the arrow keys with my left hand, and the left control button with my right hand. Still, promising start.

Heh, yey. I beat it.
In later demo I will write controls setup. And maybe change meteor spawning rules (too hard for training level).
Next demo will be released when first (non-battle) sector will be finished. But I need spriter...
Quote from: arseniy on July 27, 2012, 09:48:57 AM
I think it's most hard to organize programmers. If one programmer starts and then quit, how other would continue? That means there need to be a good choose of platform so it would be possible for other to catch up.
I think we must create a poll to vote for a platform (and programming language).

UserK

I also made some mockups to explore the possibility of using 3D environments with 2D mechanics. There's a consistent issue with this. I managed to somehow work it out conceptually but the amount of work is kinda scary, no apparent way to work around it.
I still plan to try something for this in the far future. Goal would be giving a more modern vibe, focus on expandability, moddability, and storytelling. Some loosely related code has been written but still undergoing testing. Basically still a shape-less blob of logic.