Started by 7Soul, October 12, 2012, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

Quote from: 7Soul on October 19, 2012, 09:43:05 PM
Made the first 4 weapons:

In the order they are in the menu:
1: Fireball
2: Laser Saber
3: Double Heater (they would fallow enemies if there were any on screen)
4: Magnetic Rings

I still need to make it so all projectiles disappear when you change weapons, and make weapon movement account for lower fps
I like the back rings a lot!

AlastorSX

Hey 7soul, do you have the capability to make this a ROM if it isn't already? "Fingers crossed..."
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

7Soul

Quote from: AlastorSX on October 20, 2012, 12:20:43 PM
Hey 7soul, do you have the capability to make this a ROM if it isn't already? "Fingers crossed..."
100% sure I can't

AlastorSX

Quote from: 7Soul on October 20, 2012, 12:25:22 PM
Quote from: AlastorSX on October 20, 2012, 12:20:43 PM
100% sure I can't

Ah, well I will be sure to check it out anyways :-) I may be able to rig my comp with a controller if the game hasn't the capability and play it on my 52" :-)
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

7Soul

New map engine, now shows connections between rooms and can also display bigger room shapes. In the game there's still no bigger rooms, but I'll be working on these next.

I'll also be working on secret rooms to be displayed as blue squares on the map, but only after the player discovers them

arseniy

Maybe make even bit more hole between connected rooms.
So you don't have defense - only HP?
Ecret rooms is cool. Will there be any hints where to find them or totally secret? How to open them?

7Soul

Quote from: arseniy on October 23, 2012, 11:31:52 PM
Maybe make even bit more hole between connected rooms.
So you don't have defense - only HP?
Ecret rooms is cool. Will there be any hints where to find them or totally secret? How to open them?

I even tried other door sizes, but they look too bad

I'll probably add defense. I'm probably going to remove the "Gun Type" because that's not adding much to the game, and in the place of that in the menu I'll put the defense

Some secret passages will have clues, like some blocks indicating a wall that can be blasted through.

arseniy

Hrm. I dunno. It looks too small holes between sections and put unnecessary pressure onto eyes.
I'd suggest something like that:

7Soul

Quote from: arseniy on October 24, 2012, 07:11:52 AM
Hrm. I dunno. It looks too small holes between sections and put unnecessary pressure onto eyes.
I'd suggest something like that:

What about this?

PS: all secret rooms are visible because I made them visible for testing purposes

RubyC42

I'm curious - see the Big room on centre-right of the map? (the one just below the long horizontal corridor/alley/etc), how can it be part of the normal map if it's accessible only by a secret room?  :bluelander:

Unless you're hinting at the part of the map that would make players scratch their heads at how the hell to get there  ;D
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

7Soul

Quote from: RC42 on October 26, 2012, 01:42:49 AM
I'm curious - see the Big room on centre-right of the map? (the one just below the long horizontal corridor/alley/etc), how can it be part of the normal map if it's accessible only by a secret room?  :bluelander:

Unless you're hinting at the part of the map that would make players scratch their heads at how the hell to get there  ;D
You're right. Sometimes you have to find secret passages to progress

RubyC42

Is it possible to set a event trigger where  certain parts of a particular area is inaccessible until you obtain certain items in game? [Other than unlocking certain areas because you have the Key to it like in the actual TGL; but the mechanism would be identical]

For example, certain part of Area 6 is only accessible if you buy a "key" to it for 7000 Chips.

I was just messing about with Super Star Force for the NES [http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,1768.0.html ] again recently and i thought about using elements from that game into this one.

My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

7Soul

Quote from: RC42 on October 31, 2012, 10:06:52 AM
Is it possible to set a event trigger where  certain parts of a particular area is inaccessible until you obtain certain items in game? [Other than unlocking certain areas because you have the Key to it like in the actual TGL; but the mechanism would be identical]

For example, certain part of Area 6 is only accessible if you buy a "key" to it for 7000 Chips.

I was just messing about with Super Star Force for the NES [http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,1768.0.html ] again recently and i thought about using elements from that game into this one.

I intend to do something like that. I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from Metroid for the map system and exploration

7Soul

I believe I finished the map system and the menu screen. I'm moving the extra information to another screen, and for that I'm adding 2 more buttons, L and R, that will be used in the game to quickly change weapons.

Unexplored areas are dark and don't show the passages between them. This way you reveal the map as you explore, and the map serves more as a guidance and so that you don't get lost.
There's also a dot that shows where your next objective is, if there's any.

Now I'll work on more interesting stuff, because none of you wants to keep seeing menu screens, right?

I think now I'll start working on enemy behavior for the exploration part.
First I'll make those rocky enemies that roll at you

Golbez

Looks great, 7Soul. I'm very interested in seeing where this goes. Keep at it, please!