Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Rikerek - The Guardian Saga

Started by 7Soul, October 12, 2012, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlastorSX

I like the menu personally. Great job. Can't wait to see the enemies though :bluelander:
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

RubyC42

are there a working demo yet or will that be sometime before you release it? [the dropbox link is 404, so i asked]
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

7Soul

Quote from: RC42 on November 05, 2012, 01:57:16 AM
are there a working demo yet or will that be sometime before you release it? [the dropbox link is 404, so i asked]
I fixed the dropbox link
I'll release a demo when there's enough content

7Soul

Hey dudes!

It's been a while right? Sadly not much has been going on. I was working on other things, so this project got on hold.
Lately I've been working more on the story, because I decided I want this game to have an utterly epic story!

One of the changes is that now the game will feature multiple characters that you will interact with. You will also play the shooter parts with them as partners

This is the new portraits I've been working on, which also show something it's still a secret :3

Edit: as of the newest update, ignore this post

RubyC42

Quote from: 7Soul on December 19, 2012, 07:14:43 PM
I decided I want this game to have an utterly epic story!

if there's anything useful from this craziness of mine [ http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,1868.0.html ] that you think might be useful, feel free to XD

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

So she changes the look depend on the special weapon? Or what are these numbers?

RubyC42

i think 7Souls is planning to give players an option to change between a male and a female protagonist at the start of the game, as for the number........ i dunno, layers of healthbars (like in Streets of Rage 2 and 3), level, lives, Agent number, etc?  ;D

7Soul

RubyC42

7Soul

Alright, so here are the news:

1. Cutting out a few features for the sake of finishing this game some day
I decided to give up on all the plans I had for a great story. Having multiple characters and a complex story would add too much work.
Also keep in mind I'm not fluent in english, so that would also be a big issue when creating a story with a lot of dialogue.
That doesn't mean the game wont have a story; but it will be a lot simpler

2. New system: Chips (not the chips from TGL)
So, I came up with this system that will handle all the player customization in the game. Chips will be something like equipments in this game. You can buy them or get them from bosses
There will be 3 types of Chips: Movement, Weapon and System.
Movement Chips affect your movements, eg: speed, dash ability
Weapon Chips affect your basic gun, eg: multiple bullets, damage against armor, shooting speed
System Chips affect other things, eg: see invisible enemies, get more item drops

Chips will each have a size, depending on how good it is, so you can equip fewer of the best ones, and more of the common ones

3. New type of room: Hive
This is one other type of room that you find in the exploration part. Similarly to the optional mini-bosses, you can choose not to fight the hive.
The hive consists of a spawner in the center of the room that will create waves of enemies. Once you kill all the enemies you are awarded with a prize

RubyC42

1] D: !! Oh well.
So wait, you're not a native speaker? I always throught you were...

2] so, kind of like Megaman Zero? Now i wonder how it would be if we were able to combine two different weapons together (like in Gunstar Heroes)
Invisible enemies? D:

well, have fun :D will be interested in seeing a public demo (i wonder if it's Fraps recordable...)

7Soul

Quote from: RubyC42 on April 04, 2013, 12:15:20 AM
1] D: !! Oh well.
So wait, you're not a native speaker? I always throught you were...

2] so, kind of like Megaman Zero? Now i wonder how it would be if we were able to combine two different weapons together (like in Gunstar Heroes)
Invisible enemies? D:
well, have fun :D will be interested in seeing a public demo (i wonder if it's Fraps recordable...)
1. I'm brazillian :)

2. I played megaman zero but I don't even remember... but there is something similar that I remember, from megaman battle network: (this is the best example I could find)

2.5. There will be some enemies that use camouflage, and enemies that disappear and then appear somewhere else for a surprise attack

2.75. It is Fraps recordable

You can follow my progress if you want, by checking out my to-do list, in real time, here: https://trello.com/board/rikerok/4fe63763baa5cd8f1e2a06bf

Golbez

Your english seems fluent to me. In any event, maybe there could be a few of us who could review the script/story to check it for grammar. There are at least some potential work-arounds if you don't want to give up on the bigger story line.

RubyC42

What Golbez said. You could prioritise the gameplay first, and leave some spaces for the story later? Maybe when the time comes we can all chip in and come up with something awesome :D just feel free to ask. :bluelander: , at least you can include some sort of dialogues for weapon shops, repair shops (if there will be some) and major mission briefings (again, if there will be some).

That just gave me an idea - the two main protagonists each have a different storyline of their own and frequently meet up at various points in game?

after all, i am getting some of my own Guardian Fighter characters designed, so maybe they can get cameo appearances

==
Voc? ? brasileiro? Interessante...