Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The "What game are you playing" thread

Started by RubyC42, October 15, 2012, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

As the title- let's see what sort of games people here have been playing (Other than TGL-Secret)  :bluelander:

here's a partial list of mine:

- Super Bomberman 5 (SNES)
- Battle City [and its "Tank 90" hack] (NES)
- Crystal Mines [Boulderdash-like game] (NES)

so what's yours?
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

EinhanderZwei

Hybrid (FPS, PlayStation)
The Smurfs' Village (Farmville clone, Android)
Epic Astro Story (4X strategy, Android)
Call Of Duty (FPS, PS3 re-release)

If I won't fall asleep tonight, going to play or even beat Resident Evil: Code Veronica (PS2 re-release)!  :redlander:

7Soul

Pretty much only Team Fortress 2 and a little bit of Minecraft

UserK

arseniy

Surprise - the only game I have time for - Guardian Legend optomon's mod 3.0

Anegorami

AlastorSX

-Seiken Densetsu 3 "Secret of Mana 2"
-TGL - Secret
-Little Big Planet 2
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

EinhanderZwei

Cyber Org!!!!11
My God, what an ass-kicking game! It's an Action-RPG for PS1 published by Squaresoft, where you play as a badass guy, or a badass guy, or a big badass guy, punching, kicking and blasting the crap out of everything! The only downside is that this game was released only in Japan, but the voice acting and the majority of text is still in English

Also, the level designs do remind me of TGL a lot. And also it has one of the most badass CD covers ever:

arseniy

Pretty crazy. Like in FF and other RPG they have giant swords and here is giant gun of the size of the person who carry it. I bet it weigth 3 times more than human.

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: arseniy on October 22, 2012, 06:35:12 AM
Pretty crazy. Like in FF and other RPG they have giant swords and here is giant gun of the size of the person who carry it. I bet it weigth 3 times more than human.
Surely it's like FF - take alook at the publisher's logo  ;D I guess, even if this gun does weigh a million tons, as long as the main character looks as awesome as a cross between Mad Max and Captain Future, that's totally passable  ;D

UPD: Just beaten I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (PC/DOS) last night. Amazing game!!!

UserK

LOL, that's it. But sometimes bordeline ridiculous.

Anyway, I am playing Wizorb, almost finished it.
Since TGL is often considered pretty much of a stretch at genre-bending, let's take a look at this game.
They mix Breakout with
an 8-bit RPG.
XD

EinhanderZwei

Spent 3 hrs last night playing good ol' Tyrian (more specifically, OpenTyrian for PSP). One of the greatest shmups ever, period. The main title theme always tickles my spine  8)

Hah! Just found on Jason Emery's (game programmer) site:

Perhaps I'd make another Tyrian game someday (since I do have the rights to it), though I suppose I'd do a 3D adventure/shooter game of some weird sorts with collectable items and the like.
Source: http://www.freewebs.com/worldtreegames/

AlastorSX

If I am not working, I am playing Dance Dance Revolution for ps3. I do pretty well, but do it to try to slim down again.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

EinhanderZwei

Guess what, I've beaten Tyrian! It's funny how I kept switching platforms in 2 days to do it - first, I've started on PSP, then the battery got exhausted, so I've transferred my savegame to OpenTyrian under Linux, then I've beaten Ep. 4 and transferred the savegame further to Tyrian 2000 under DOSBox to play Ep. 5... and that was it! :D

Now looking for time to play Sublustrum (aka Outcry) on PC, as my GF demands it from me for 2 months already...