Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The "Take one letter out of a game title" thread

Started by RubyC42, October 20, 2012, 03:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

I remember seeing a screencap of a thread where people talked about the topic. It resulted in some of the most hilarious posts ever:

E.g.

Uncarted - Go around collecting stuff that has fallen out of shopping carts
Ass Effect
Need for Seed - Farmville wannabe
Little Bi Planet - Bisexuals. Everywhere.

So let's see what sort of creativity YOU lot can have!  :bluelander:

I'll start with:

Guardin Legend - You're a wee guard inside a new legend story, will you be remembered or will you be the first to die in the epic finale?

yes, you have to talk about what your new title is about.
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

Took me a while to understand the rule.
OK
Assassin Reed - destroy plantations of reed. That's your calling.

AlastorSX

Ega Man - You're a young tuff who can't spell very well who chucks eggs at unsuspecting business men. Bonus points for stealth and hitting CEO's.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

AlastorSX

Allout: New Vegas - You're a wanderer of the Mojave wasteland with a gambling addiction in the post apocoliptic world. Get your broke ass some more caps and blow it all again! "Sadly this is the story of some NPC's in the game."

AlastorSX

Zombies At My Neighbors - Flunked hard. Wasn't near as popular as the sequel "Zombies Ate My Neighbors." You play a kid who spies on the neighbor girl to find out she has zombies at her house. Gameplay lasts about 2 minutes, and the development team would be replaced for the sequel.

AlastorSX

Double Ragon - (Sorry, Ladies) 2 girls that were pissed off at the wrong time of the month. Bad guys beware! Starring Billy Jean and Jamie Lee as the Protagonists "And Nagtagonists."

7Soul

Pants Vs Zombies: Zombies hate pants
Star Ox 64: You fly an ox in space
Pc-Man: You run around in a maze eating bits of memory and running away from memory leaks
Price of Percia: Rug store simulator

EinhanderZwei

Grand Heft Auto - everybody drives bigfoots, tanks, monster trucks and BelAZ'es! Hummers are for motorcycles! And you are a Space Marine!!!

(for those who's not aware, a BelAZ truck weighs 74000 Kg)

Spudacus

Ears of War
A Tom Clancy meets MGS and Spy VS Spy, you creep into subteranean complexs to place closed circuit microphones in vital locations! Bonus locations include telephones, water coolers and toilets. Your only weapon is your skill in ventriloquism. Did I mention you play as a bat with microphone head set, goggles, and scarf?
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

Spudacus

All of Duty
The "Honey do list" Game! follow the misadventures of a ex navy seal stay at home dad juggling laundry (Literally, it's a mini game) changing car oil, collecting trash, chauffeuring kids, the works! Bad as Harvest moon? MAYBE!!
which leads me to...
Harvest Mon!
Take control of a Jamaican tobacco farmer!
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

Souperion

Super Sash Bros.
Become the supreme maker/seller/wearer of belts! Thousands of materiels, tens of colors, probably something close to 30 designs! Get out there and make belts!
Arm of Two
Play as two herculean  brothers with one interchangeable prostitic arm between them! Epic puzzle game, like Lemmings or something...
Starcrat
(As in aristocrat) Play as a galactic nobleman whose initial realestate adventure turns into an epic struggle for survival against robotic zombie peasents! Vive la revelution!
For being just a theory, gravity sure brings me down.

RubyC42

B-wigs  - the barber screwed up the actor/ess's hairstyle, make the backup wig in time for their opera/film!

Goones - Protect your boss from just about everyone who are out to get him.

Just - Ace Attorney, but instead of barristers, it's Judges!

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

nanonym

ALF-LIFE ? A long and boring game based on ALF TV-series.

Mine raft ? Battleship clone using naval mines and rafts.

Silent Ill ? You are a doctor and your mission is to find a cure for virus that makes it's victims silent.
///

RubyC42

Adventures of Loo - Find the nearest toilet within the set time before you embarass yourself .

Boulder Ash - Volcanic Archaeology, can include Indiana Jones if desired

Crisis Fore - The golf ball takes a wild fly and will you manage to dodge it or it'll hit your head and knock you out cold?

Souperion

System Sock- The all-powerful computer has gone nutz (much like the original ::)) and believes it wears socks... and it also thinks it lost one. Now being insane, it forces you, the facility's janitor, to hunt down the sock or die. Epic point and click adventure ( 1 hour 13 minutes gameplay) with typed commands too!
Gear of War- RTS/RPG, sci-fi/fantasy game! Take control of a black blacksmith in the undertakings of designing and forging arms and armor! Thousands of materiels, hundreds of outcomes! Once you've armed your army, take them to war in colossal battles in space and on land. Lotsa abilities, beard styles, and overall excessive explosions!
Sol Calibur- Earth is under attack from aliens (Inventive, I know ::)) and you have one daring idea to ensure survival: utilize the power of the sun to unleash a serious UV smack down. Defence gameplay, plenty upgradeables, renewable energy source. Build more solar arrays to get more ammo!
Sam and Ax- Same as original... only a little sharper.
Call of Duty: Back ops.- Play as a muscular chiropractor plying your trade. Different techniques, perscriptions, and customers. Get real good and you can do famous people... mabey Morgan Freeman.
Angry Bids- Auction house fury! Play through 6 auction houses, trying to get the best items for your collection! Earn money by investing stuff to sell later!
Dead Pace- You may be a slow, obese zombie, but you have dreams 8)! Subject yourself to a rigorous training regimen and diet to finish marathons! Good things, you rarely have to land in first. Get cool jerseys, epic shoes and other junk related to running. Go for it champ!
For being just a theory, gravity sure brings me down.