Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserK

I sure could give Amet some hard time. I think it would plug nicely with Rey which bases his survival about spotting the enemy before it spots him.
Nonetheless, being in a thick forest gives him a very good reason to team up with Rey as his preferred weapons are likely uneffective.

RubyC42

Sounds good, so you want to use Amet? [And bring Callisto in later?]

Just so i can edit post 30 to reflect on it.
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

EinhanderZwei

Sorry for another occurrence of inactivity, was busy with two my art projects... But I'll be back in the saddle again soon! In fact, today will try best to post the promised pic of John and his gang. To chew on something in the meantime, here's my old sketch of Bren McGuire: http://fav.me/d5seihk

:bluelanderbig:

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on January 23, 2013, 11:58:36 AM
There's no need to have Cal.

ok :(, well, have  fun with Amet :D

It's been a while since the last timeline update, and last few posts have been pretty active, so here's the updated timeline, as of Post 30.

Notes:

The "Front/Back" is a nod to The Goonies II, where there are two separate maps under the same name, depending on which side of the house you're on. Considering that on here the characters involved does appear to be on opposite ends of the planet...

Post 14 --- Donloteion's last post

Post 19 --- Sigurbelle and Horaculous joins Compile

Post 21 --- Amet got dispatched by Terry, and got lost to the other side of Naju.

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on January 23, 2013, 12:21:29 PM
Sorry for another occurrence of inactivity, was busy with two my art projects ... old sketch of Bren McGuire: http://fav.me/d5seihk
Take your time. /me likes.

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 24, 2013, 01:37:23 AM
It's been a while since the last timeline update, and last few posts have been pretty active, so here's the updated timeline, as of Post 30.
Thank you very much for your work.
As a side note, I originally intended to put Rey much closer to base. However, as things turned out to be, it was impossible to make it sound convincing unless it was located very far so I had to move him away. At this point, I believe it would be necessary to have a very "binary" planet such as Twinsun (Little Big Adventure), with the highlands being the separator as we cannot have anything as extreme as (Last Exile) hourglass-shaped ecosystem.

However.

I have to note that for a civilization able to perform terraforming in a matter of hours using beams infused from orbit, it appears unlikely they didn't have information about the true origins of the highlands. It appears more likely to me everybody actually knew about their sysmologic activity and kept them under strict observation. It doesn't really change much.

BTW, what area was Amet supposed to scout?

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on January 24, 2013, 11:58:03 AM
Thank you very much for your work.

Keeping it updated incase our host makes his big return  :redlander:

As a side note, I originally intended to put Rey much closer to base. However, as things turned out to be, it was impossible to make it sound convincing unless it was located very far so I had to move him away. At this point, I believe it would be necessary to have a very "binary" planet such as Twinsun (Little Big Adventure), with the highlands being the separator as we cannot have anything as extreme as (Last Exile) hourglass-shaped ecosystem.

I personally think a binary planet system maybe a bit too much to keep track of, it would be alright as is with just "the two-halves" of Naju (as well as the Virtual Reality side) as of now. Don't forget that we also have the "Below-Surface Worlds" (aka "Corridors") that we still have yet to touch.

Umm yeah, just read about the game in detail. I guess if you want to see it as a planet of two halves with the mountain range separating the two, it could just about work :D

Since we just touched on the other end of Naju surface, everything could [have] happen[ed] down there - perhaps they contained remnants of previous [failed?] terraforming projects, or was primitively developped and the project was perhaps delayed or cancelled half-way, or whatever you (UserK) could think of.

This is the point of such RPs, get creative at everything, linking them together into one big epic story but not making it look too ludicrous  :bluelander:

However.

I have to note that for a civilization able to perform terraforming in a matter of hours using beams infused from orbit, it appears unlikely they didn't have information about the true origins of the highlands. It appears more likely to me everybody actually knew about their sysmologic activity and kept them under strict observation. It doesn't really change much.

I cannot deny that the people who worked with the Terraforming projects onboard the Terraforming Cruisers would have known and became curious about the  Highlands (if that's what you are referring  to) - the way I described it was merely spoken from the local Naju inhabitants' point of view. Perhaps the Military have known a lot about it themselves already and like with the Below-surface worlds in Post 0 (the very first paragraph), they might have kept it away from the public, even the Guardian Fighters.

You know how the Military in video games and even in real life hide just about everything from the public.  :P

Or maybe the inhabitants believed in a "Flat Planet" theory and venturing beyond the Eastern Highlands was a no-no becuase "there be dragons". After all, not everywhere on Naju is currently habitable so it would have been a logical at least to set the Highlands as "natural boundary" of currently habitable areas of Naju (at least on the "Front" side).

If you still think this is illogical/complicated, i can easily change the post.

BTW, what area was Amet supposed to scout?

Originally, the "Area 7" of Naju, located in the caverns right below the Eastern Highlands (Area 5). The seismic activities done by the Zibzub caused a collapse of its interior, which broke the "barrier" between the Naju Surface and the Below-Surface Worlds. Amet would have been able to get a glimpse of it. (Becoming the first Guardian Fighter to see the real one)

However, given that Amet is currently the newest Guardian Fighter constructed; it would be possible that certain navigation equipments on him malfunctioned or harmlessly glitched that caused him to drastically deviate from his original flightpath. Or maybe he just subconsciously missed his destination and kept flying (cf. real-life event of Northwest Airlines Flight 188)

EinhanderZwei

RubyC42

Still trying to convince an artist to give a try at Akrn, will post updates if I get something worthy to show :bluelander:

although I don't know about the Rookies; i guess they'll remain as imagination...

EinhanderZwei

Haha, I've tried my best to make the WarHammer Space Marines look like the CareBears compared to him. Looks like I've succeeded! XD
Next up is his family portrait with Rydia, and I finally gave up and decided to do something about Akrn myself  :bluelanderbig:

RubyC42

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on January 25, 2013, 04:02:21 AM
... and decided to do something about Akrn myself  :bluelanderbig:

You mean the Male Miria x Xan Kriegor version that you originally visioned him as? :P

If you want to give him a try though feel free to  :bluelander:

EinhanderZwei

RubyC42

You know you (generic) are way too obsessed about the RP when you get in a celebratory mood the moment this shows up XD

RubyC42

Re: Post 33/34 by UserK

So has Rey found the crash site or not? I reread the post like 6 times to realise that apparently he did not.

Since I was already making my next post involving Amet that assumed he did...

Just thought i'd ask. It'll be a simple edit either way.

and BTW: the timeline between the two sides are back in sync, so there's nothing to worry about now  :bluelander: