Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

It would be great if 7Soul could join us with his characters from his Rikerok game. I have a feeling it would be a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

all RP leads to some sort of wargames :P and it's only going to escalate from this point on.

Although it is true to say that the plot is now back to being 3-way split (but then again Donloteion's plot never really intersected with any of ours yet), soooooooooo, i'll wait for your next post with the mercs.

BTw: will we be seeing any of these characters? Or are they not of your originals?
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 10, 2013, 01:17:21 PMBTw: will we be seeing any of these characters? Or are they not of your originals?
Hm, that's a neat idea, actually. And yep, both ladies are my originals (the first one being actually the protagonist of my video game, with John being her superior). Will think of some way to integrate them, surely.  :bluelander:

RubyC42

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on January 11, 2013, 05:47:41 AM
Hm, that's a neat idea, actually. And yep, both ladies are my originals (the first one being actually the protagonist of my video game, with John being her superior). Will think of some way to integrate them, surely.  :bluelander:

John's her superior? I  was thinking at least the pair show up as antagonists for the first few posts or something , maybe they had a grudge against Guardian Fighters for  whatever reason their logic arrives at.  :P ;D

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

I'd go with something original. I always wondered how Miria could be so well equipped for fighting on Naju. I figured out whoever designed system DP must have had a clear picture of what she was going to face so I guess a recon squad should have been sent there before her.

Name
Rey Seightmour.
Would like te be referred as "Mr Rey" when not fighting.

Personality
Could be easily described as a silent loner. He makes no secret to be the last survivor of a secret mission involving Naju exploration. He must have been defending his post for a very long time and his behaviour shows the scars of the solitude. He well also occasionally spit out old memories of his comrades.
Besides extensive knowledge of a few areas and their fauna, as well as the skill to repair his cybernetics, he appears to have a wide range of basic skills but severely lacks teamwork. He well seldom groan about a mission he's still on and apparently slowly advancing towards success. It is otherwise clear determination is what kept him afloat in Naju's harsh conditions.
Albeit he will never point out his exact rule in the chain of command, it seems he was on the low end of the spectrum, probably a team's field engineer.

Physical Appearance
He appears as a dirty, smelly, worn out dude in a camo suit torn to pieces. His most distinguishing mark being his cybernetic legs in perfect condition. It is no secret those needs frequent tuning, apparently due to some kind of background electrical noise emitted from somewhere. He just isn't in his best shape and he's probably quite younger than he appears to be.
He brings with him a laser pulse rifle, apparently powered by a generator in the legs. Two strong cables pour out of his calfs, joining above the back, where they make up for a solid steel frame protecting the spinal cord and then run both arms to the hands.

Bio
Rey was part of an expedition whose only goal was to gather information to engineer for system DP. The strike team was hastly assembled as soon as Naju was identified, packed with as much tech as possible and sent to surface with the fastest ship available.
At least that's what he would tell.
However since system DP required several years to design and even more to manufacture within tolerances this would imply Rey should be much older or (perhaps more likely) that system DP was engineered without taking their data in consideration.

Notes
Rey is usually found in proximity of his team base of operation, at an Y junction connecting what we would call Area 0 with area 3. Area 4 can also be easily accessed by a short stroll back in Area 0.
Currently, hunting is the only good reason for him to move out of his hideout as it's equipped with a few auto turrets able to keep away creatures hunting. The turrets will shoot everything that is not recognized as Rey, cycling through targets when possible. The damage is very low but apparently sufficient to cause animals to desist assault.

UserK

Suddendly I realize it would have been better to read the Nexus thread first.
I guess I don't really understand what's going on.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on January 11, 2013, 07:01:17 AM
Suddendly I realize it would have been better to read the Nexus thread first.

Let us know if you prefer a summary of what has so far happened.

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 11, 2013, 06:34:11 AMJohn's her superior? I  was thinking at least the pair show up as antagonists for the first few posts or something , maybe they had a grudge against Guardian Fighters for  whatever reason their logic arrives at.  :P ;D
No no, let's keep this 'John is a supposed bad guy' twist for now, it's great! I'm going to play around it a bit.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on January 11, 2013, 07:01:17 AM

Have a bit of extended break this afternoon so here goes anyway:

Donloteion's side of Story

Muharan is currently trying to find his way out of New Phlan (Pool of Radiance), a virtual reality/Alternate timeline by the works of Naju Fringe Division when he realised that he has been cut off with the actual laboratory; with the possibility that he will be trapped there  forever

RubyC42 & EinhanderZwei's side of Story

A Project to terraform the surface  of Naju was interruped when John Targa's arch nemesis, SHODAN (System Shock 2) apparently came back to life. She controlled the vital machineries and is in the progress of ruining everything on Naju.

Meanwhile, the team of Guardian Fighters*, led by Tetharil (or Terry) has been dispatched to deal with the situation - the resulting battle heavily damaged another Guardian Fighter, Akrn, to the point that he and John had to escape from the planet altogether to another spacecraft, USS Compile. John was successfully healed by Bayonetta (Bayonetta) but  they did not have the necessary tools to fix Akrn.

John tried to find ways to contact the ground crew he was interruped by his old superior: Bran McGuire (Turrican)

* - Basically, like System DP, Guardian Fighters have the capabilities of shifting into fighter mode and walking mode.

[The attached shows the approximate timeline as it stands after  19 posts]

UserK

Honestly, I have little idea about how you're turning out Naju to be.
There are guardians, apparently many, albeit rookies.
A terraforming cruiser dispatched and initiated operations without native resistance. I take for granted it's operating on a "natural" section of the planet.
Naju has a central base of communication, an ... International Airport? What does that even mean?
Ok, I'll just throw in something.

By the way, shouldn't USS Compile be USF Compile? As United Space Federation. USS is for USA navy if I understand.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on January 12, 2013, 09:30:07 AM
Honestly, I have little idea about how you're turning out Naju to be.
There are guardians, apparently many, albeit rookies.
A terraforming cruiser dispatched and initiated operations without native resistance. I take for granted it's operating on a "natural" section of the planet.
Naju has a central base of communication, an ... International Airport? What does that even mean?
Ok, I'll just throw in something.

Well, as with most RPs, many things tend to get confusing especially if people joined in a little late... that i understand.

After all, as Donloteion wished, we just made stuff up as we went along so there aren't anything in particular set in stone right from the start (other than the fact that the setting as to be set on Naju)

So long as noone end up using either the "godmode" or any deus ex machina i think we should be fine.

If you needed explanation on certain features or plot devices though feel free to ask; i would personally like it to be made easier for any future people who wish to join.

International Airport: basically, just used as a "launching pad" for the Guardian Fighters, since they don't have a "corridor" or some passage that allowed them the needed speed boost when turning into fighter plane mode (not yet anyway, we still have not touched on any "Corridors" - or known in this RP as "Below Surface Worlds"); they just used a ground-level runway which could serve the same purpose. Besides, there are more aerocrafts in this RP so an inclusion of an Airport would at least facilitate that... i think...
A runway out of nowhere would've probably made less sense.

Naju Central: The "Capital City" of Naju, which does have a sizeable civilisation in this RP; and it also contains the communication centre as well as the Military Establishment that houses the Guardian Fighters; if you prefer this could be considered Area 0 in the real thing.

Takeover of the terraforming cruiser - well, it's hard to resist an electronic takeover, which is what SHODAN did.

Guardians - there are 7 known Guardians, Tetharil being the most experienced, Akrn being the most "up-to-date" and well constructed and the "Rookies" being recent constructs that have so far little combat experience and thus less reliable than Tetharil or Akrn. However, the Guardian Fighters remain the most well-respected team of fighters from within Naju.

Currently, the Naju we're using in this RP is a bit like this:

The Surface is habitable, albeit not perfectly habitable everywhere: certain areas, like "The Far West" (Area 9, if you will) remain outside the "Habitability Boundary" which meant that only mechas like the GFs or  well protected living beings can venture out there. The Terraforming Project that was undertaken in the earlier posts (Posts 2~5) were contracted in order to expand out the planet habitability outside the current known boundaries. Until of course the cruiser got taken over and wrecked the place.

The "corridors" that lie below the surface still exist, although they were largely hidden off and unknown to the populace until the "posessed" spaceship fired at that area which released the aliens, and the Clawbot, inside (you can treat it as the opening of Corridor 19 in TGL terms)

I wouldn't be able to explain, though, Donloteion's side of the story; all I understand at the moment is that his characters are currently set in an alternate-timeline/virtual reality through an experiment done by "Naju Fringe Division".

Currently, no set location of whereabouts about that is known, and I would expect Donloteion to elaborate on that as his posts come in.  :bluelander:

...hope I cleared up many things there.

EinhanderZwei

Hey, nice job, RubyC42! You've managed to tie some loose ends that even I had not thiought over. Really great job  :redlander:

Quote from: UserK on January 12, 2013, 09:30:07 AMBy the way, shouldn't USS Compile be USF Compile? As United Space Federation. USS is for USA navy if I understand.
I won't lie - I've put 'USS' just out of habit, but (and because) there are still numerous examples in sci-fi that utilize the Terran navy ranks and hierarchy for spaceships (the most famous being Star Trek, I think)

UserK

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 12, 2013, 09:45:35 AM
I wouldn't be able to explain, though, Donloteion's side of the story; all I understand at the moment is that his characters are currently set in an alternate-timeline/virtual reality through an experiment done by "Naju Fringe Division".

Currently, no set location of whereabouts about that is known, and I would expect Donloteion to elaborate on that as his posts come in.  :bluelander:

...hope I cleared up many things there.
Yes, thank you very much.
I actually have an idea to link his storyline with ours but I sure won't take the liberty of messing up his character(s).
Here's an updated timeline.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on January 13, 2013, 01:36:28 AM
I actually have an idea to link his storyline with ours but I sure won't take the liberty of messing up his character(s).

Of course; we can always wait for Donloteion's updates and see if  there's a place you can come in on :bluelander: or you can make a small post that sets in his world, but not at all intersecting with his characters.

And so you're joining my side of the plotline eh?  sounds interesting.

[edit] still coming in as Rey Seightmour, right? Just checking since I was  just thinking about how your character could meet up with mine (but probably won't be mentioning anything until it makes an appearance through your post)

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on January 12, 2013, 11:17:44 PM
Hey, nice job, RubyC42! You've managed to tie some loose ends that even I had not thiought over. Really great job  :redlander:

It's what i do when I stay awake at night worrying about random things  :bluelander:

[[ nothing for me to add to the RP as of this post, so Post 23 will be going to someone else ]]

RubyC42

Re: Post 23

So you're turning this into a survivor horror, eh? Ooooooooookay

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 14, 2013, 08:13:37 AM
Re: Post 23

So you're turning this into a survivor horror, eh? Ooooooooookay
Well, for a while at least. I guess it's an appropriate time to mention three things that I have a (probably bad) habit to inject into my writing: Resident Evil references, abstract humor and Tarantino-style jumpcuts. I just can't help!  ;D :redlander: