Fans are welcome!

Guardian Legend Comic

Started by fallinq, January 13, 2013, 12:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallinq

Pt. 6: It's time for backstory!  :)

fallinq

arseniy

The yellow hair dude is so unisex. I thought it was a woman that looks like man at first  XD
Miria has a little too small chin on the pic of "birth".
Also why her cloths are pink, not red?
What are this alien invasion? It is not connected with Naju but some other civilisation?

fallinq

Those aren't her clothes, that's her artificial skin. Look closely, it's peeled back at the joints and stuff. She's not finished in this picture. The Guardic thing is a reference to the first game that The Guardian Legend is (allegedly) a sequel of. The two games honestly weren't that closely related but I figured I'd work it into the backstory. Look up either game on wikipedia (the other game is just called "Guardic"). Yeah, the blond doctor isn't that manly. He does have a beard, but it doesn't show up well at a distance. XD

RubyC42

i thought the blond doctor looked like that guy from Mythbusters, except with more hair and less hat XD
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

I think that you should change some words in the comic.
For example "THEN:" on page six. I think you meant "before" or something like that. Maybe replace it like "10 years ago"?
I think there might be other mistakes in the text too.
on Page 2:
did you really meant "intruments"? maybe "connection" would be better or "signal"

fallinq

Alright, I've made some minor edits. I've been pretty busy but I'll try to get the next strip out by the end of the week.

fallinq

Hi! Contrary to popular belief, I'm still alive, just really busy right now. The comic's still going though.
Pt.7

fallinq

Okay, one more flashback page after this and then we'll get back to Naju and blowing up aliens. To be honest, I'm not really sure about these flashback pages. It's an attempt to flesh out the story a bit. I'm not sure if it's working or just making a mess of things, but I worked darn hard on these pictures so I feel like I should finish and post 'em, at least for completion's sake. Soon we'll be back in more familiar territory, I promise.

RubyC42

Welcome back buddy :D, also LOL @ Daffy Duck

As for the stody ideas:
> if the flashbacks explains farther the personality/traits of Miria and the struggles she had gone through before the whole TGL thing, or if it brings the whole story a bit more context, then why not.
Although it should be a bit more sporadic/less frequent depending on which side of the story development you want to focus on. As in, if you just want to do the TGL side of the story, then these flashbacks should be rare, but if you want to develop more about Miria the character, then the flashbacks may play important roles.

But that's just me.
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

I'll pass on comments. My view is not very general. For example I see most Hollywood movies as dull, while others find them great(for example Avatar, Dark Knight, Avengers, Inception etc.)

Golbez

I think these backstory frames are excellent. But yeah, I'm looking forward to some familiarity with content from the game. So if your timeline has one more set before we return to Naju, that sounds great by me.