Fans are welcome!

Interesting password to use for v3.2

Started by RubyC42, January 21, 2013, 01:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

bb3b bbbb bbbb bbbb
bbbb bbbb bbbb bbbb

Starting Health: 30
Starting Chips: >9999 (Approx 31,000 chips!)
Starting Keys: 6 of 7 (no Areas 3 and 4)
Starting Attack: 4
Starting Defence: >8 (judging at the fact that Miria sprints instead of walk)

Open Corridors: 01, 02, 05, 06, 16, 08 (don't know about 03, 13, 04 and 14 since i don't have that key yet)

But then again you can always memory edit addresses $0050 and $0051 for the desired corridor

Have fun  :bluelanderbig:
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

optomon

This is very similar to the debug code I use, if not identical, which is:

ssss ssss ssss ssss
bbbb bbbb bbbb bbbb

Very useful for testing the game, because it's so damned easy to type in.

arseniy

However, Miria's speed depends on these I think?

RubyC42

Quote from: optomon on January 21, 2013, 05:05:37 PM

ssss ssss ssss ssss
bbbb bbbb bbbb bbbb

Nice, it would be great to be able to play through the whole game with all 20 corridors and shops open while with maxed out inventory XD although it would be greater (but it would require a separate hack file) that corridors that are not from Area 9 and 10 get way too easy this way

Although i'd still say 31000 chips is still better than 2400 chips in your own version, though  ;D

BTW: I am not sure if it's because of the password I used; when I used the bb3b password the boss enemies have insanely huge HPs, dispite that my twin-sabre is at level 3... (will post a video of it soon)

Quote from: arseniy on January 21, 2013, 10:12:11 PM

I think it's the shield.
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Ratix

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 22, 2013, 12:46:24 AM
Quote from: optomon on January 21, 2013, 05:05:37 PM

ssss ssss ssss ssss
bbbb bbbb bbbb bbbb

Nice, it would be great to be able to play through the whole game with all 20 corridors and shops open while with maxed out inventory XD although it would be greater (but it would require a separate hack file) that corridors that are not from Area 9 and 10 get way too easy this way

Although i'd still say 31000 chips is still better than 2400 chips in your own version, though  ;D

BTW: I am not sure if it's because of the password I used; when I used the bb3b password the boss enemies have insanely huge HPs, dispite that my twin-sabre is at level 3... (will post a video of it soon)

Quote from: arseniy on January 21, 2013, 10:12:11 PM

I think it's the shield.
after you pick up several shields her speed increases. been to long since i played the game to exactly remember but both the rapid fire and shield contribute to movement speed. rapid fire is more noticable at 1st.

arseniy

BTW, I never tried to play with this password.

bb3b bbbb bbbb bbbb
bbbb bbbb bbbb bbbb

Checked now and noticed it has 0 shields but she is very stong. What happens after she takes more shields? Or is she so strong because of 9999 chips?

Or is it true she has over 8 shields here? Just lazy to check RAM adress.

andreasaspenberg

i tested the password and the game can be completed without issues at least in the rom i played(tgl2600.net). the defense is very high. the zone that is unavailable is likely completed. if you think that i did something wrong by posting in a topic that had not been posted in for a while, please create a clear rule topic on the introduction forum as i found no rules.

arseniy

Quote from: andreasaspenberg on January 04, 2015, 04:20:59 PM
i tested the password and the game can be completed without issues at least in the rom i played(tgl2600.net). the defense is very high. the zone that is unavailable is likely completed. if you think that i did something wrong by posting in a topic that had not been posted in for a while, please create a clear rule topic on the introduction forum as i found no rules.
It's just a forum message. There is nothing wrong with it :redlander:

andreasaspenberg

lets stay on topic then. i tested the password last night and i had no trouble completing the game. most of crystal levels was still present and half of the water levels. 1 flesh level was there as well. the others were completed so once i completed the remaining levels i could take the last level and finish the game. as such, that password is useful as a way of completing the game quickly.