Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Hey there!

Started by Ulis_Mutter, February 21, 2014, 10:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulis_Mutter

Hi everybody,

I'm a 33 year-old from Germany. My first encounter with Optomon, Fleepa and the others probably was in 1992/93. Memories are a little blurry, but I think a friend of mine gave it to me as a gift and I became obsessed with it in no time. More than ten years later this guy still couldn't understand why he gave it away.

Being a Jump 'n' Run addict The Guardian Legend's shooter and action aventure elements were more or less new to me. I liked it because it was challenging and there were so many things to discover. But what still strikes me most is the memories I have of the game's atmosphere. The overall concept of each area and its corridors with their monsters and music are just brilliant.
I used to play it with two of my cousins, taking turns, but the funniest memories are of writing down passwords (which was easier for two people - one dictating and one writing). Back then it wasn't funny at all and there were many times we decided to not do the offered password check afterward - you can imagine what happened in those cases. :-)

After beating the game several times I lost it on the bus on my way to school when I wanted to lend it to one of my classmates and I never palyed it again until a friend invited me and the guy who initially gave it to me over for a couple of beers and some hours of playing NES in 2001. Unfortunately, we couldn't defeat Optomon in Corridor 3 so we decided to focus on the beer drinking part. :-)
Two days ago I was reading the Wikipedia article on the Sam & Max franchise and from there somehow made my way to articles on NES games and The Guardian Legend. I downloaded an emulator and started playing again for the first time in almost 13 years.

Trying to find more information on the game I finally came across this community. It's good to see that there's still many people who love the game like I do.

arseniy

Hello!
Great, I love the game too :redlander:
Agree, it has very special atmosphere, that's the most catchy thing about it I think :heart0: