Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Retro Duo Portable 2.0 users, I need your help!

Started by simetra, April 12, 2014, 01:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simetra

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I was on here.

I recently acquired a Retro Duo Portable 2.0 that plays NES and SNES cartridges, and I went and ordered myself my very own copy of The Guardian Legend!  :bluelander: :heart0: I'm glad to say I own a copy now, however, the music plays absolutely horribly on my RDP 2.0  :'( I've been kinda bummed about but trying to enjoy the fact that I now own the game. It's just unfortunate it should have such a problem because I have no NES to play it on.

Anyway, I was wondering; if there are any users on here who own a Retro Duo Portable 2.0, do your TGL cartridges work in yours? Any input would be much appreciated  :) thanks!

UserK

If it wouldn't have been for you, I probably wouldn't had a chance of knowing this even existed. It would sure be a bit odd to see it around given the massive cartridges but it's sure totally awe.
Thank you for buying hardware for old NES games, thank you for buying TGL!
Feel free to try an emulator to enjoy the sound!

arseniy

What an unfortunate :skull:
And other games run fine?

simetra

UserK: You're welcome! And I already do use an emulator :) I'm a big emulator advocate, I just wanted the chance to experience TGL on something a bit more portable and nostalgic than my laptop.

Arseniy: Yep! I only have two others, but they work just great :) (Donkey Kong Classics, and Ninja Gaiden, in case you're curious.)

Upon inspecting my cartridge thoroughly, I suspect it could be a problem with the cartridge itself. On the inside of the cartridge where you would insert it into a system, I notice there are a few gold bars missing from the chip. I'm attaching pictures for you guys to see, can you tell me if your TGL carts also look this way? My cart is an NTSC-U version, so I guess if you have PAL or Famicom versions it might be different from mine, I don't really know.

optomon

I think the music will play differently in almost all games on some NES clone consoles. It might have have been the retro duo where I saw this back in 2007. The square channels had their timbres switched around on almost every game we played. In other words, all the notes, tempo, bass and percussion are correct, but the leads are using the wrong "instruments". Is that what happened?