Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Hello Everyone!

Started by Romarqable, December 21, 2014, 09:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romarqable

Hello everybody. My name is Rob, and I'm a big fan of Guardian Legend and all things NES and gaming.

I'm a collector also that is always looking for TGL goodies. I currently own a CIB USA Guardian Legend, Goardic Gaiden Famicom, and two NES USA Protos of TGL. Been looking for the Euro release of TGL (The box art is far superior) and the MSX original.

Great to see there is a collective of people who love this game as much as I do.

Regards!

arseniy

Hello! And welcome! :redlander:
What are protos?

deepshock

Do you mean 'prototypes'? As in first-draft copies?
Steel Seraph developer.

www.facebook.com/steelseraph
www.twitter.com/steelseraphgame

Romarqable

Protos as in Prototypes, yes. But there is a vast majority of items that fall under the Prototype banner. The two copies I have are basically pre-release copies of the game that would be sent to gaming magazines so they can preview the game. I always keep an eye to see if any show up during early development stages (would likely be from Japan) but this is one of two games I have ever actually sought out prototypes for.

arseniy

And I guess there is no difference with actual game or maybe so little that not possible to find?

Romarqable

Quote from: arseniy on December 21, 2014, 10:41:07 AM
And I guess there is no difference with actual game or maybe so little that not possible to find?

Pretty much. Tends to be a byte difference. I would need to get a device (called CopyNES) and a program to tell a retail ROM from the prototype ROM. I don't have access to either so I can't be too sure. The game board is made differently (with windowed EPROMs and possibly rewiring)