Started by C-Dawg, January 14, 2015, 09:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepshock

Good luck, C-Dawg. I'll give this game a shot for sure!  :bluelander:
Steel Seraph developer.

www.facebook.com/steelseraph
www.twitter.com/steelseraphgame

arseniy

I tried again but same happened. The boss dissapeared and nothing happens after, level keep scrolling.
Maybe because of win XP?

C-Dawg

Probably not that.  I wonder what the deal is?  Do you have a specific way of finishing off the boss?  Do you always kill the yellow bits first?  Or not?  Or in a specific order?

It's a shame not to get past this, because there's probably 40 hours or so of gameplay behind that dork in the actual game.  It's not polished yet, but the game's all there.

arseniy

I killed him with normal bullets. First 4 turrets then middle.

40 hours of gameplay, that's crazy much.

C-Dawg

Quote from: arseniy on January 15, 2015, 10:51:33 AM
I killed him with normal bullets. First 4 turrets then middle.

40 hours of gameplay, that's crazy much.

Prove me wrong ;)

Perhaps the bug is coming from hitting the yellow parts first.  Try focusing only on the pink vulnerability point.  I will try to revisit this bug again as soon as I get home tonight.

UserK

C-Dawg

Been rock'n it since the nineties, anyway.

C-Dawg

The playable portion of this game is now complete.  All I have to do at this point is script the ending credits and cinematic, and then go back and squash bugs, improve gameplay, etc.

arseniy

C-Dawg

Yeah.  Well, what I plan to do is this.  The game will download as a ZIP file that will have three sections:

1. Manual and Readme
2. Game Data (including Zelda Classic, if the owners don't mind)
3. A shortcut to ZClassic.exe.

I should be able to pre-load a bunch of blank saves, so that a new player only has to click the shortcut and then select a file and go.  Im not sure that I can pre-load the button configuration, though.

C-Dawg

I continue to plug ahead with fixing all of the bugs and quirks.  If you havn't check out Zodiac yet, it's a great time to do so so I can incorporate your concerns and issues into my to-do list.  Bosses are getting redone to be more visually impressive, challenging, and interesting.  Gameplay mechanics are constantly being tweaked for the better.

If you are on the fence about helping out, here's the current draft of the instruction manual you can view on-line:

http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=66216

arseniy

Was that bug fixed where I could not pass far than level 1?

C-Dawg

I thought so, but my testers say it does happen on occasion.  So I'm overhauling the original boss entirely and replacing it from the ground up.  If you can't find the spiders, burn the house down, I always say.

EDIT: Okay, I've now uploaded a new version that has completely revamped this initial boss.  I don't think it's possible for the game to hang on it anymore.  If you check it out and report things you like and don't like, that'd be appreciated!

C-Dawg

The game continues to improve.  I have now re-vamped all of the Zodiac weapons to have charged modes that have secondary uses.  By the end of the week, I will have replaced every normal enemy in the game with a more interesting and challenging version.  Coding continues apace, and I continue to encourage people to give it a shot so I can keep getting bug reports.  I update versions every 2 - 3 days.

C-Dawg

The enemy update is now complete.  There are a few minibosses here and there to upgrade, and I'm re-vamping some of the later game major bosses to be more challenging and consistent.  If you haven't checked out the project yet, now is a great time to do so and give me feed back on the enemies!