Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend: WORLDS

Started by Quoise Games, February 19, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

And still no random for corridor not. The game now crashes on virtuanes :(
On FCEUX also tho fly a bit further. By some enemies. Ok. On NesTopia too.
OK. The third build works so far. Also I don't like how there are random dots blinks on the map.

The enemies that are not deleted when go out of screen just take over the screen.

deepshock

I am curious as to what bug/set of bugs led to this.  :P
Steel Seraph developer.

www.facebook.com/steelseraph
www.twitter.com/steelseraphgame

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on March 01, 2015, 01:38:18 AM
And still no random for corridor not. The game now crashes on virtuanes :(
On FCEUX also tho fly a bit further. By some enemies. Ok. On NesTopia too.
OK. The third build works so far. Also I don't like how there are random dots blinks on the map.

The enemies that are not deleted when go out of screen just take over the screen.

Its going to be a while before I can randomize corridor 0. I'm looking at the major issues first, then I'll go back and randomize it.  Its set up slightly different in ROM, so I'd have to do some poking around before it works.

I'll try to remove the random blinks on the map screen

arseniy

Ah I see, so that's the problem.
You making just a mix of corridors contents between them?

BTW I got really fun build(compare to several others I tried bfore) but what I don't like are that so much enemies and bullets just fly straight forward or even stuck. Some enemies or bullets keep teleportationg or something so when they get to botton they appear from top then. And it's easy to create situation so they take all the bufer and no other can appear on screen.
Look here ptero took all the possible enemies on screen because they don't disappear:
http://data3.floomby.com/files/share/1_3_2015/21/EZGYJvH7C0Me1szOIGeAw.png

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on March 01, 2015, 12:32:06 PM
Ah I see, so that's the problem.
You making just a mix of corridors contents between them?

BTW I got really fun build(compare to several others I tried bfore) but what I don't like are that so much enemies and bullets just fly straight forward or even stuck. Some enemies or bullets keep teleportationg or something so when they get to botton they appear from top then. And it's easy to create situation so they take all the bufer and no other can appear on screen.

Ah ok. In the future, I'll only apply movement randomization to objects that wont get stuck by that effect, as well as making sure they don't go to an infinite speed when looping through the screen. 

And as far as corridor 0 randomization goes. The only issue is that the data information is set up like this: Corridor 0, Flying Sequence, Landing Sequence, Other Sequence, Corridor 1, 2, 11, 12, 3,4, 13, 14, etc.  So Corridor 0 is not in the predictable data flow of all the other corridors so I have to set up a seperate but similar script for it.

I'm currently working on a World CHIP feature.  This is basically a save file that has all the information that has been changed in a text format. You'll be able to share this text file and others will be able to play the world you've been able to generate. You'll also be able to edit this file and upload it to the generator and resave the changes to your new rom.  This information will also highlight where the changes were made in the rom incase you want to tinker around with the actual rom file yourself. Should have this done some time this week.

Thanks for your constructive comments. As much as I like this game, I don't have alot of time to test it (I usually just watch the computer play). So this feedback is helpful

Grimgrin

Corridor 17 is playable now when I was playing TGL mode. I have an idea that I almost forgot about. Is it possible to randomize the area in adventure mode? Here's an example: area 0 would become area 1, 2, 3, etc.
Currently extending the game.

Quoise Games

Quote from: Grimgrin on March 01, 2015, 04:09:51 PM
Corridor 17 is playable now when I was playing TGL mode. I have an idea that I almost forgot about. Is it possible to randomize the area in adventure mode? Here's an example: area 0 would become area 1, 2, 3, etc.
good idea. I'll look into it. This would allow for area enemies to have different strengths based on their true area value

arseniy

making something with infinite speed would be cool because of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeptGuT8jEA

Also I think would be better if sub weapons speed will not be 0 and Damage will not be 0. And chip use no 0. I have laser saber now chip use 0. So cheaty.
Maybe in future an options with some predicted sub-weapons parametrs. Could also work for original game sub-weapons rebalance if not touch anything else.
Grenades in this build do nothing to enemies.

And another thing. I have GrimGrin here in this build and he is in final mode from begining but he shoots only for several seconds and then stop to shoot at all. He moves only on Y axis.

P.S.
I just stumbled across pretty cool thing. The game created 2 bosses. First one appeared before the siren sound, so there was 2 of them -

I wonder how it is done, because I know only the adress to call the clone of the boss but not the boss itself.

Also I guess everyone know that EyeGore appears in state 1 for a little and then go to the state 2 when start firing. So the one appeared before siren was in mode 1 untill the second one appeared and went to mode 2.

P.P.S
Also random boss not works yet. There was lot of Bombarder and Claw Bot but no Fleepa and Dragon.

fireball

I'll certainly try this out after it's tuned a bit.  I kindof like how crazy it is, though tuned to be beatable may be good for random racing.

Since you're getting into the assembly a lot for something like this, is there anything odd you've seen that people wouldn't know about the game logic.   Partially because I like to know whatever odd trivia I can know, partially as a (bad) speed runner in hopes that you'll tell me something potentially useful.

I probably should learn 6502 assembly at some point, and start trying to figure out the games logic, but it's hard to convince myself to do.
I died.

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on March 02, 2015, 12:05:55 AM

P.P.S
Also random boss not works yet. There was lot of Bombarder and Claw Bot but no Fleepa and Dragon.
There are 3 different iterations of those bosses so you'll see them more frequently than fleepa and dragon.  It may be randomizing correctly

Quoise Games

Quote from: fireball on March 02, 2015, 04:11:12 PM
I'll certainly try this out after it's tuned a bit.  I kindof like how crazy it is, though tuned to be beatable may be good for random racing.

Since you're getting into the assembly a lot for something like this, is there anything odd you've seen that people wouldn't know about the game logic.   Partially because I like to know whatever odd trivia I can know, partially as a (bad) speed runner in hopes that you'll tell me something potentially useful.

I probably should learn 6502 assembly at some point, and start trying to figure out the games logic, but it's hard to convince myself to do.

I'm modifying the data more so than the game logic, so I can report on data findings that I haven't seen on the forum,  but as far as game logic goes, its hard to modify it successfully so I don't see the need to keep track of it as of yet.

arseniy

Quote from: headfonez on March 03, 2015, 06:20:00 AM
There are 3 different iterations of those bosses so you'll see them more frequently than fleepa and dragon.  It may be randomizing correctly

There was no single Fleepa or Dragon in the game.
In original game there is only 1 dragon so better replace  other one with dragon(and make it harder like in Hack) so there will be 2 dragons.

This could be done with other bosses as well who appeared only 1 time in original game.

Also if you can call multiple some bosses this could be cool. Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwwfcqFB_bI

The crab is so super easy. But multiple instances not so easy and more fun. And for that polypus super easy miniboss he could be harder if he throw those seastars who are stronger than normal.

Just some ideas.

fireball

Quote from: headfonez on March 03, 2015, 06:22:31 AM
I'm modifying the data more so than the game logic, so I can report on data findings that I haven't seen on the forum,  but as far as game logic goes, its hard to modify it successfully so I don't see the need to keep track of it as of yet.
That actually tells me a fair bit of how this games code is organized, which is interesting in itself. 
I died.

Quoise Games

Version 1.4 is now up. Spruced up the interface, made weapon chip count atleast 1, added a change log feature, which will allow you to view all the data that has been changed in text format.  You can also upload the change file  and apply it to the nes file you're randomizing. Going to be doing more work on that feature as it is not complete.

arseniy