Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend: WORLDS

Started by Quoise Games, February 19, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattrick_

Version 1.3 feedback.

Slowdown when taking a hit.... thats gotta go. Its a good idea on paper, in game, it really screws up the flow of the game. There are just far too many instances where it is impossible to not take a hit.

More music randomization suggestions.
It would be nice if we could keep bosses with just boss music but randomize it, outside of that. No real issues. I have heard some similar suggestions from others.

Now for bugs:

Zakky had a situation, where a corridor spawned in an area that had no map connections. it was 2 blocks all by itself. no way to get to corridor 8 which made the game uncompletable.

Zakky also had a corridor 17, where halfway through the boss fight, the scrolling stopped and made the boss uncompletable.

Somehow, red landers can spawn IN corridors as item boxes... and it messed up the graphics when you collect it.
I presume other items can as well, but so far only red landers have been observed.

Other boxes causing music to change randomly.

Other than that. Its really fantastic. I dont want to sound overly critical because the work you are doing to make this is really appreciated, and were really enjoying it as a whole between those of us who have been racing it. I just wanted to give you some feedback on what we are experiencing.

Quoise Games

I was going to convert the grenade into a speed booster. what do you think about that

Mattrick_

i think thats a poor idea.

similarly to how the slow down on hit in corridors didnt work out so well in game.
I think that varying the corridor speed is fine, but putting said variable speed into the players hands, such as external ways to speed up, or getting hit slowing it down. are not great.

I think V1.2 is the best so far... it was the closest to being exactly what we wanted, while having VERY few real issues, and if we could iron out said issues, that would be the best version for racing.

Now if you wanted to continue to make additional randomizers thats fine, but for the original idea of having raceable randomizers, V1.2 is closest to being near perfect.

A couple of modifications to music selection (i.e. limiting music randomization to areas you would normally hear it), chopping save room down to a minimum rather than every 4-5 spaces, and adding in some of the pallete swaps that were available in v1.3 (the black and yellow & purple and blue ones were incredible looking) we would have a perfect tool available to have great races.

What is your take on that Headfonez?

Quoise Games

makes sense. version 1.4 will be up tomorrow. please make any other final suggestions you like to make before tomorrow morning.  I'll be wrapping up work on this editor on tomorrow and will save my other wacky ideas for a different platform.

Mattrick_

Okay, i think basically the things i suggested previously are basically perfect.

The final thing i would like to say. Is thanks a ton for all the work you have put into this.
Its a great product and those of us using it will continue to use it for a long time to come, because its a great addition.

Thanks again man! Looking forward to the final stable awesome version that will be perfect for racing  :bluelanderbig:

Quoise Games

Thanks! is my pleasure to breathe new life into an already great game! I can convert some of the save rooms into shops or computer rooms but these types of rooms are required for transitioning between area. that's why they're so many of them. but there should be some kind of decrease what I put in a check to see if the initial area and the transition area share the same key. no need for a room then. I'm sure I can cut down on mislabeled room keys, but keep your save states running because I probably won't be able to fix the fact that some roads lead to nowhere.

thanks for testing and it has been a race for me to get this done as quick as possible. so far I'm in the lead!

kevinbelmont

just found a small bug when i played it offline. since i can't attach a picture I'll describe it. in area 0 coordinates X7 Y15,  the single room with 4 portals. the one on the right shows a square key icon when it should be clear. can anyone else confirm this?
Update: i somehow also managed to find a corridor outside the map when you have the crescent moon key that takes me to the security system. once you beat it your then locked in that room but can do the corridor again and again.

Mattrick_

Yea that tends to happen every so often.
Best advice i can give in that regard is to make a save state every now and then in a save room, and periodically check the map, if it looks wonky, it normally is.

Anytime theres a room that goes OUTSIDE of the normal maps coordinates, it will be an area 0 corridor, with only a portal to the north. this check was put in to make sure that if someone DID find a way out, that hopefully they could get back in.

If you ever see a corridor with a triple digit number I.E. 116.... if you go in, the game will crash, as the value for corridor entry leads to something that isnt a corridor and the game shuts down as a response.

Headfonez: I agree man, youve been well ahead of the game in getting these to us at such a quick rate. Its been a pleasure testing for you and helping shape this into what it has become! Amazingly, we came up with this idea a couple of weeks ago and now were already at the finish line!

Quoise Games

Version 1.4 is up.  Removed corridor slowdown. Made the music even more reasonable.  Reduced the appearance of save rooms.  Removed red block barriers which would completely block you from getting somewhere on the map. Did not address occasional off the map accessable areas, so auto save states are necessary.

Get it at:
http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,2001.msg8049.html#msg8049

Mattrick_

Youre the man dude! I will test it out a bit later, and unless i find something so glaring that need immediate attention, i thank you for all of your hard work dude!

Quoise Games

Here's the final version of the streamlined randomizer.  It randomizes colors more effectively

mrrichard999

Hey just saw you posting this in the queue at Romhack. This will be great to get some feedback from and potentially get people more into Guardian Legend hacking as well :D

:bluelanderbig:

arseniy

Quote from: mrrichard999 on August 29, 2015, 09:23:57 AM
Hey just saw you posting this in the queue at Romhack. This will be great to get some feedback from and potentially get people more into Guardian Legend hacking as well :D

Personally I don't like that idea that much. I think recreating the game engine in Unity has so much more potential.
Because I want to fight multiboss(like imagine fight Fleepa and Other boss), becuase I was to see some new enemy and maybe weapons. And new features like some walls could be broken to find secret passages. Etc, etc.
P.S.
Here you go example I did in original game by RAM trigger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwwfcqFB_bI

fireball

Quote from: arseniy on August 29, 2015, 10:25:58 AM
Personally I don't like that idea that much. I think recreating the game engine in Unity has so much more potential.
Because I want to fight multiboss(like imagine fight Fleepa and Other boss), becuase I was to see some new enemy and maybe weapons. And new features like some walls could be broken to find secret passages. Etc, etc.
P.S.
Here you go example I did in original game by RAM trigger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwwfcqFB_bI

I would enjoy a good clone, or inspired game, that said, my current goals tend to favor TGL science, which romhacking furthers.
I died.

Quoise Games

Quote from: mrrichard999 on August 29, 2015, 09:23:57 AM

Hey, I sent a reply to your message, let me know if you got it (not sure if it went through).

I'm my next version of TGL Worlds, I'll be randomizing the status of weapons and enemies. I'll be adjusting their attack, hp, speed and other attributes, BUT, they will be balanced.  For example, one world may have all the enemies at a higher attack strength, but the player's weapons may have a much lower chip usage count to compensate.  Stay Tuned.