Updates:

Fans are welcome!

For Optomon!!!!

Started by Mattrick_, September 07, 2015, 07:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattrick_

Hey Optomon, using the randomizer a ton lately has gotten us trying to figure out a way to Randomize TGL Secret (normal TGL is far too easy for us anymore.)
However we cannot thanks to a couple of corridors which have entry requirements that make it impossible.

4 & 6 come to mind immediately, and i cant off the top of my head think of any others that might need adjusting.

Basically what we are asking for, is if theres a way that you could modify a SINGLE copy of the TGL Secret rom, to change JUST THOSE corridors back to their original corridor entries, thereby allowing us to randomize TGL Secret for an INTENSE experience.

Possible?

arseniy

Did you also sent him a PM? I think it should send him notification to email. You can also try reach him on youtube. If he don't answer here.

Mattrick_

Looks like the first message i sent optomon never went through, so i sent him another, hope it isnt a duplicate.

Hopefully we get a response of either a yay or nay from him so at least he acknowledges what we want to do :D

optomon

I see. Yeah that is possible, would take a little while though, it's easier to change back than to make the original change, though I might need to make it something else than what it originally was due to space.

Mattrick_

Honestly we would be fine even if they just opened up normally like any corridor would. So long as were able to progress through the game past area 4 :D

Mattrick_

SUPER appreciate your willingness to help move forward TGL and the randomizer as a whole ^_^

Optomon once again proving he is the man  :bluelanderbig:

Mattrick_

Hey Optomon i know its been a long time since we had discussed this, but i still would like to be able to randomize TGL secret!
I know originally you had said you would consider looking into fixing c4 and c6 for opening up so we could do it, im just guessing you got busy and forgot :P

Any chance this is still a possibility?

optomon

Well dang totally forgot about this. Let me see if I can get that done on the way to work this week. I might change the requirement a little for what opens the two corridors, rather than revert to those of the original game.

optomon

tglsecret-for-randomizer.nes

Here's a rom with updates.

The two puzzles:
Corridor 4: Walk across the center of the gate when the music is restarting
Corridor 6: You will need to "fire" the laser weapon in the room.

Mattrick_

OH BABY!
I have been MIA for a while (thanks to moving and other RL things), but i cant wait to get going on this.
You are the man Optomon :D