City - The Guardian Legen 2 OST

Started by arseniy, July 21, 2010, 04:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

[updated version 01] - looped 2 times and simple outro. Enjoy! -
http://www.mediafire.com/?ucwkn6url5t6rsd  :redlander: :heart:

[oldest version ]
http://www.mediafire.com/?pnljb3b0pkjdgw8

This is my first track for The Guardian Legen 2. I called it city cuz RandomSpriter was making a first demo of game with a city first stage.
I tried to keep it in original TGL style but I would like to make longer time soundtracks.
ENJOY  :bluelanderbig: :bluelander: :redlander: :) :bluelander: :redlander: :)

Kelesis

I like it  :D It definitely sounds true to the TGL music style.

arseniy

Quote from: Kelesis on July 21, 2010, 07:40:22 AM
I like it  :D It definitely sounds true to the TGL music style.
TGL seems usual and unusual harmonics at same time. I not really understand why because I make music by ears only.
You can guess I took some exact TGL tune as a start point.

RandomSpriter

O.o WHOA! Amazing song there, Arsiney. Didn't knew you had it in you to do it like this!

I'm gonna listen to it a few hours now. ^^

arseniy

Thanks  :D :redlander:
I also like how it come out similar to original.
I plan to expand this music because I always wanted TGL songs be longer.

teremochek

Falcor

optomon

Quote from: arseniy on July 21, 2010, 08:00:36 AM
TGL seems usual and unusual harmonics at same time. I not really understand why because I make music by ears only.
You can guess I took some exact TGL tune as a start point.

Forest area music maybe? Sounds similar enough, though it is in E minor and this song you made is in B minor. First half sounds perfect, second is good for the most part and I like that you went higher with it. Sounds like Miyamo Shant. It's definitely a good start.

arseniy

It's a first corridors music :redlander:
In sound test of original TGL it goes under 20
How u ever recognized it was B XD ?
As for difference of B and E it could be offset.

Basically TGL has some similar harmonics scheme in all tunes but its hard for me to realize what exactly make it sound some unusual.

Forest is 4 tune?

arseniy

I made a little update. Expanded the music. It same tune but in the last part it has flute and zanac style bass.

RandomSpriter

Hmm, it was a nice suprise how it just came after the first piece once you get used to it.

It gives it a quite different feel, that's for certain. And it's not a bad one! :D

arseniy

Quote from: RandomSpriter on July 23, 2010, 05:13:52 AM
Hmm, it was a nice suprise how it just came after the first piece once you get used to it.

It gives it a quite different feel, that's for certain. And it's not a bad one! :D
Thanks RandomSpriter  :heart: :heart: :heart: :grimgrin:
I think I done with this one. I better try next tune next time. I tried to listen this melody reversed and its quaite fun at some places. I think sometime I will make a music based on this tune reversed melody.

RandomSpriter

Gonna be interesting to hear that, Arseniy. :)

Golbez

arseniy, your stuff is quite impressive. If this project finds some new life, I think it would be awesome to collaborate on some tunes. Although I think I'm way behind, because I have only worked in MIDI. :(

arseniy

Check it out I updated the track! Also the name of the sequel is The Legend of Miria  ;)
The link is in the first post.