Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Ram data info request

Started by Mattrick_, June 27, 2018, 10:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattrick_

I dont know if people are still active around here with knowledge of some of the things that i am looking to have answers to.
Essentially what i am looking for is a document that shows pointers in ram for like, almost everything.
The idea is, that i want to be able to alter how things in the game work, through ram.
Similar to im guessing what MLPerry did when he created the old tgl randomizer, but do it in a controlled manner, and expand on what he did greatly.
If Optomon is still around, i would guess that he might have some/all of that info, but if anyone has anything it would be SUPER helpful.
MLPerry did some good work in the early days of randomizers as a whole, but i want to take up the mantle and expand upon what he did, control it much more, and allow for far greater customization compared to what he did, without actually editing the rom through assembly.

Does anything like this exist?

Anegorami

Well, my script uses RAM events for real-time mapping. Here some data blocks that I was able to find:

• 0x411 - pointer to the password. Valid only at password screens. Each byte corresponds to one password symbol (like ASCII).
  • 0x1c00 - room data. Or, to be more specific, room geometry. Contains every tile of the current room. AFAIK, each byte stands for two tiles (for example - if 9 is the wall code, then 0x99 - two wall tiles).
You can download my script here: http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,1815.0.html, then open "code/Memory.lua" in any text editor and use Google Translator to translate my code comments from Russian.

optomon

I lost a very comprehensive document of Guardian Legend ram/rom info in a flash drive crash in 2011.

I could get you a few things just by taking a relook at the game. There was a brief document on RHDN about it by Jigglysaint back in the day.

Mattrick_

Oh dude that would have been huge Optomon :( Its a bummer that got lost
While were at it, do you still have a copy of that TGL Secret rom that you had specially made for us with the modified corridor entries that we could randomize?
My old computer took a crap on me, and i havent been able to get the data off of it and i have lost it :((

Mattrick_

I look at it like this Optomon

Any data that you are able to provide to us, will save us time that we are able to better use to putting to work on the program itself :D

You are awesome as always :D