Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Consider if I should work in a game.

Started by Andres97100, May 12, 2019, 09:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andres97100

Hi. Well ... I'm seriously considering whether I should develop a TGL game, a sequel.
The problem is ... I do not know anything about developing videogames. But hey! Nobody is born knowing videogames no? Well I'm thinking about the story while I'm at work and in my spare time I try to practice the sprites. At the moment I only have the idea of ​​developing the game. (Because everything will be done 100% by me, without taking elements from other games like sprites and music, so first I need to know if I can make a single functional room without errors and with background music. possible without taking me an eternity, then I will consider developing the complete game.
I just have to clarify that it will not be the same as the original game. I will take other 2D games as a reference instead of the top view. In a few days I hope to draw mini scenarios and share it with you so you can see what my idea is like.
I will need support so ... give me encouragement please ... more knowing that it is my first videogame.
Thank you.

arseniy

Why not join to BMPcorp(Shadow of Naju), or Jordan(Steel Seraph)?

arseniy

Consider that making the first release of Shadow of Naju took like 8 years. And there were tries by several other people who started with enthusiasm and then got exhausted and dropped. Like this:
http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,1843.0.html

Andres97100

yes. that's why I'm in the phase of considering whether I should try. at the moment I have not got a program to make games (even though I'm still investigating). also as I said. I just want to try doing a single functional scenario and train if it should continue. If I can ... I'll ask a friend for help and see what we do. and joining steel seraph or those who made Shadow of naju, is something indispensable for me. I only know very little about videogame programming, so they will not want an inexperienced one on their team. I also do not speak English, I speak Spanish. for which the communication would be null. but as I said. it's just a consideration uwu /

deepshock

1) How good are you with, say, art? Concept art, for example.
2) Do you know anyone who's good with Spanish localization?
3) Same question as #1, replacing art with music.
Steel Seraph developer.

www.facebook.com/steelseraph
www.twitter.com/steelseraphgame

Andres97100

He praises me that you want to consider me. but I do not think it's useful in your project. I have not composed music in my life, on programming I do not know anything (I could not open the console to be able to program videogames) about conceptual art, I'm still learning. I can leave you the recent examples here that I made of TGL: https://www.deviantart.com/andres97100/art/Miria-The-guardian-legend-796007481

even if I would like you to tell me about your project. I am very interested. I am currently going to the university to study programming. so maybe in the future if I can help you with something.
ah. lo olvidé. sobre la localización de español. yo hablo español. por lo cual eso cubro fácilmente. ( o no sé si te refieres a otra cosa. tal vez lo intérprete mal)

arseniy

You probably will end up just finding a job  XD And it will be too much to handle a big game project on a side.
I saw several projects in years which started so good and then dropped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB19jHHC7Fg

deepshock

Quote from: Andres97100 on May 23, 2019, 11:46:37 PM
He praises me that you want to consider me. but I do not think it's useful in your project. I have not composed music in my life, on programming I do not know anything (I could not open the console to be able to program videogames) about conceptual art, I'm still learning. I can leave you the recent examples here that I made of TGL: https://www.deviantart.com/andres97100/art/Miria-The-guardian-legend-796007481

even if I would like you to tell me about your project. I am very interested. I am currently going to the university to study programming. so maybe in the future if I can help you with something.
ah. lo olvidé. sobre la localización de español. yo hablo español. por lo cual eso cubro fácilmente. ( o no sé si te refieres a otra cosa. tal vez lo intérprete mal)

By localization, I mean the ability to translate context and reference as well as words between languages.

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Localization

"Localization

Localization is the linguistic and cultural adaptation of digital content to the requirements and the locale of a foreign market; it includes the provision of services and technologies for the management of multilingualism across the digital global information flow. Thus, localization activities include translation and a wide range of additional activities.[7] True localization considers language, culture, customs and the characteristics of the target locale. It frequently involves changes to the software’s writing system and may change keyboard use and fonts as well as date, time and monetary formats."
Steel Seraph developer.

www.facebook.com/steelseraph
www.twitter.com/steelseraphgame