Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Remixes with the main tracks of the game.

Started by Nostalgia Bubble, August 30, 2020, 04:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nostalgia Bubble

Hi guys, I share with you a remix with the main tracks of the game, I did it with love :heart0: and respect. thanks a lot and I hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIcFOb-q6zY

arseniy

Can you share mp3?
Too bad you do not know mixing. It has a lot of problems with low end.

arseniy

You made all the songs by yourself?
I made a post on front page with some critic. Don't get mad at it  :redlander:

Nostalgia Bubble

Quote from: arseniy on August 31, 2020, 02:03:36 AM
You made all the songs by yourself?
I made a post on front page with some critic. Don't get mad at it  :redlander:

Hi! No problem, I accept all critics, thanks for taking the time to watch and listen to the video.
I leave the Midi and Wav files. Greetings!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9716fegg79qkiez/guardianLegend.zip

arseniy

But what did you used to for the midi instruments? I am not very familiar with that. But I know that  there can be any kinda of midi library for the instruments.

arseniy

By the way in the ending song in your video the bass sounds terribly out of tune. It ruins the song, so bad out of tune it is. I think it plays half tone higher.
I played the midi in the player and the bass notes are fine. So there is something wrong with the bass instrument in your version

arseniy

I also checked the "10-Corridors 7, 8, 17 & 18". It seems you did put something like EQ on it. And it's very very wrong EQ setup.
Same thing on 12-Area 10 Point of No Return. Probably on some other tracks too.

Nostalgia Bubble

Quote from: arseniy on August 31, 2020, 01:53:21 PM
But what did you used to for the midi instruments? I am not very familiar with that. But I know that  there can be any kinda of midi library for the instruments.

I used a set of VST plugins for some instruments.

Nostalgia Bubble

Quote from: arseniy on August 31, 2020, 02:06:00 PM
By the way in the ending song in your video the bass sounds terribly out of tune. It ruins the song, so bad out of tune it is. I think it plays half tone higher.
I played the midi in the player and the bass notes are fine. So there is something wrong with the bass instrument in your version

Probably the plugin I used for the bass changed the tuning of the instrument, I guess . :(

Nostalgia Bubble

Quote from: arseniy on August 31, 2020, 02:12:56 PM
I also checked the "10-Corridors 7, 8, 17 & 18". It seems you did put something like EQ on it. And it's very very wrong EQ setup.

Yes, you are right, the equalization was not correct, unfortunately. I had recorded this video at the beginning and didn't have time to re-record everything again. :(

arseniy

OK. I figured. It's partly a standard midi set, partly custom.

arseniy

Quote from: Nostalgia Bubble on August 31, 2020, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: arseniy on August 31, 2020, 02:12:56 PM

Yes, you are right, the equalization was not correct, unfortunately. I had recorded this video at the beginning and didn't have time to re-record everything again. :(
Can you use Fabfilter pro-Q3?
Put it on master channel and use as analyzer.
Go to options .On the bottom there is a button near the word Analyzer.
There there is a button with 3 lines with dots on them.
There are options set them:
Range: 60db
Resolution: max
Speed: Very fast
Tilt: 3db/oct

So here is the trick. The peaks of the music should be relatively flat to the middle line. Maybe slightly less on the higher frequencies. Look at analyzer when some pop star is playing. Like Justin Bieber, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, and so on. Any one with top quality.
You will see that the music peaks around the flat line.

Now if you look at your music you will see the pits. It's probably because it sounds good on your speakers. But that's a trap. Because all speakers are different. So train for a while and look how top quality pop music looks on the analyzer.

There are tons of other details about mixing. But at least learn this one and your music will sound much better.

arseniy

Here is example of the sound targeted towards the flat line as I described above.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o3iqi6qzxg88sm4/file

I did a bit of EQ.

Created separate tracks for bass and kick/snare/toms with the midi file

Then I cut lows from your track. And kept only lows for bass/drums from midi. This made a fix of the low frequencies. Not as good as it could be if to make correct from the beginning, but at least something.

There is also limiter added. I did not tried to make correct limiting. Just did put it on.

The sound maybe could be improved a bit more, but I have no time for this. And it's also better to make it more correct from the beginning.