Updates:

Fans are welcome!

What you busy with?

Started by arseniy, September 18, 2010, 05:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

Yes of course. But many people here just liked the game they not so creative. But at least 5 of us here can do some stuff. Maybe if we unite we could do some better progress. It's hard to unite tho.
Also we need more member and maybe try to run project based on donations.

Delikomix

Of you who have created a game? At least unpretentious. When I create an RPG, then I read many articles as to create better and where to start. First, we need a lot of enthusiasm, and only then you can start with 1 (This is called like Alpha version): Write a script and detailed how many rounds fired and how much blood shed main boss. 2 and 3 and 4 and 5
will explain later.

UserK

Negative. Call it "initial" or "prototype" version.
"alpha" has very specific meaning in software development, means "feature complete". It means you're hopefully not going to crack your head open at adding new things.

Delikomix

But the remake is anyone else besides teremochek doing?

arseniy

there was 3 versions of very early demos and one ROM hack. I would call it hardcore version of TGL.
Demos are

by Teremochek(blitzmax) - http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,15.msg4316.html

by RandomSpriter(gamemaker 8 ) - http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,165.0.html

by BmpCorp(flash) - http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,214.0.html

ROM Hack by Optomon - http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,53.0.html

arseniy

I m busy with deviantart.com.
My recent photos got to front page tops for 8,24 hours. 3 photos! I got lot of awesome comments it's such a good support for me :3

UserK

...with trying to figure out what to do next. I'm all out of ideas.

By the way.
I had a meeting with a few "web designers" this week. Mind you, fully graduated designers. Here's an incomplete list of unanswered questions

• Q: Mind explaining me something useful about this HTML5 thing? It looks like it's the best thing after sliced bread.
    A: it's like HTML4. I haven't studied it yet (at school, yeah, let's meet again, like 5 years from now!).
  • Q: ok, what's the deal with this WebGL thing? What about Flash?
    A: I am experienced in Flash. I use it all the time (kiss accessibility goodbye!)
    Q: ok... what about WebGL?
    A: that's for 3D. (you don't say!)
  • Q: Have you heard the news? Looks like next flash will feature two things namely Unreal and Unity. What do you know about that?
    A: Never heard about them. Unreal is a game, I like it.(I appreciate the honesty!)
  • Q: is anyone here offering something more than basic university-grade knowledge? Because according to what I've hard, that's far from sufficient.
    A: I offer my enthusiasm! (if he would have said "my effort" maybe that would have worked)
  • Q: I see you are interested in finding a commercial partner. Perhaps we could have a talk. What's your plan?
    A: I plan to get a check at the end of the month: by doing blah blah blah, mumbo jumbo, SEO  buh bah, marketing uh ha ha ha app iPhone blah blah design progress progress progress technology future progress progress next-gen blah...(you get the idea)(I'm still having some difficulty in matching "starting your own company" and "get a check at the end of the month"... but that's just me!)

UserK

Good news: maybe I have found a job {A} (maybe).
As a side note, I grow confident the remake of an old nintendo classic I am working might eventually reach pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha. Of course if I manage to secure the contract then it will have to be freezed. That would suck but I guess getting paid at the end of the month isn't bad after all. I just hope I won't need to squeeze my brains out!

It appears sometimes something goes... well, just goes (better than just being stuck). I hope it gives you a nicer day.

arseniy

arseniy

Trying to finish the game. Also I m low on money so I have to do it ASAP.
The final level is kinda sadistic I wonder how much people will hate me for I made it like 4 times harder than any level in the game haha!
I m talking about Touch The Bubbles 4:
(oh and it's far not the final level haha!)

UserK

Congratulations for getting the job done. When it will be done.

I'm sort of in a limbo, I've taken a week off my project... this week I will call the company again, this is taking longer than expected. This sucks.

On the pro side, bought myself some good electronic drug at the humble indie bundle last week... you do the math.

arseniy

UserK

Inexpensive video games.

Sometimes they are also cheap. In the sense they suck. But still a good bang for the buck.

EinhanderZwei

I'm currently occupied with those:
- moving to a new apartment (hopefully)
- Megiddo City (my FPS indie game, currently doing some spritework and proof-of-concept screenshots)
- my artworks, mostly remaking/colorizing old pics (sty tuned for my mindblowing Parasite Eve fanart, LOL)
- I'm also dying to resume my writing, but can't do that yet due to the things listed above

AlastorSX

Playing Little Big Planet 2, working on my TGL levels :-) again, anyone who plays, my PSN is Alastor13Belmont. Feel free to add me, and if you play, better yet compose, feel free to help me perfect my TGL music. I got the computer room close, but not quite there yet, and I mean REALLY close to perfect.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."