Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Would you donate?

Started by arseniy, January 07, 2010, 05:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

Would you donate a little for the project to create a sequel to The Guardian Legend game?

TrickyCC

I would donate for sure after we've reached a certain milestone on the project as we can make sure the project is still goes in progress.

teremochek

I will try to leave work, that was more time for tgl project. This my donation)

RagnarokNAJU

would donate my time and skills any way possible to this.. but being broke doesnt help your monetary problems im sure
~~ Cleaveland

optomon

I'd donate.

I'm not in a financial hole of any sort... yet. However, I'm out of work and my career is kind of in the toilet, and I need to learn high level programming languages if I want to get anywhere (and be interested). I have had game making experience, but I've never made a penny off of it. It would be kind of nice for those who make the sequel to not have that experience.

arseniy

Quote from: optomon on February 11, 2010, 07:57:15 PM
I'd donate.

I'm not in a financial hole of any sort... yet. However, I'm out of work and my career is kind of in the toilet, and I need to learn high level programming languages if I want to get anywhere (and be interested). I have had game making experience, but I've never made a penny off of it. It would be kind of nice for those who make the sequel to not have that experience.
I making flash games and it brings some income. But I m lucky to have good ideas so almost all of my games get attention.

defact0

Don't you figure if you somehow got approval of some sort from the original developers
you could even sell the game on either the Wii marketplace or the Xbox marketplace?

You'd be surprised but, you could at least make your money back there.

arseniy

Quote from: defact0 on March 09, 2010, 08:42:48 AM
Don't you figure if you somehow got approval of some sort from the original developers
you could even sell the game on either the Wii marketplace or the Xbox marketplace?

You'd be surprised but, you could at least make your money back there.
The thing is that Compile not exist anymore and the copyrights did belong to compile.
I m not thinking about the marketplace cuz I think we can do only open source project.

RagnarokNAJU

thought this was interesting... check it out

Compile filed for bankruptcy and disbanded in 2003, but the franchise rights was transferred to Aiky, founded by Compile's executive Masamitsu Niitani on November 25, 2002. Aiky published Compile's last game, completed before their collapse, Pochi and Nya. Aiky's site remained operational until 2007, where later it became a redirection site to Compile Station, a site owned by D4 Enterprise, Inc.

Following the bankruptcy of Compile, companies that spun off from the parent include Milestone Inc., which focuses on arcade shoot 'em ups. Yet another company, Compile Heart, hopes to revive the Compile brand name with the assistance of former Compile employees like Puyo Puyo creator "Moo" Niitani.

~~Wiki
~~ Cleaveland

Megadeth502

i would love to try and help actually making the game or just parts, if somebody wants to sent me the software i need.

but as for money...well...im broke

theoden_2010

Would be great to have estimate goal of 5,000 US dollars. A small project like this just needs some permanent and loyal team members with money as a means to produce the GDK (Game Development Kit) needed and Licensing for creation release with "sed" GDK. Open source is good, but kept operated private will create a game in 4 years maxed as long as all goes well.

Since most here are "broke" any project help you give is monumentally great and important to keep giving without hassle or the game wont finish and no there probably most likely won't be a person to take your place since this is online and not many know of it at all, even for being online.

Advised Goals:

20 people tops

5,ooo US total

Xbox Live Marketplace Release (I have the connections for this)

i.e. XNA to Community Live Marketplace or Xbox Arcade

Also, should we name the team "TGL" after the Project?

faxinadu

the team could be named "The Guardians"  ;)

zeldatimelinefreak

I have no money, decades of time, and quite a lot of experience creating custom games that use the original Zelda 1 engine with many upgrades (Zeldaclassic dot com for more details. Using unlisted 2.5 beta builds by the way! use google to find those!). I spend most of my time working on a comic that bases it's battles and story off of standard RPGs and animes generic "kill the Demonlord" objective (it's supposed to make fun of the objective while making the main villain as awesome as the hero, but the hero gets the girls [yeah that's right girls!]!), but the characters are stick figures. also, the main villain was human and the main hero's rival before an accident that killed him. Listen to me rant about my comic lol :P. Anyway... TGL is my favorite game ever! It even beats all of the zeldas in my opinion (and i've played EVERY zelda game ever :P! Waiting for Ocarina of Time 3ds and Skyward Sword lol.). I will definetly donate money if I get an income someday, but until and after then I will donate whatever time I have to this! This is dedication to a project!
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

arseniy

UserK

Quote from: zeldatimelinefreak on March 19, 2011, 11:07:58 PMI have no money, decades of time, and quite a lot of experience creating custom games that use the original Zelda 1 engine with many upgrades
I have little money, some time and interest in what you do!

Just as a side note, zeldaclassic.com is reported by google as involved in a few malware infections... do you know that?