Gradius

Started by RagnarokNAJU, February 05, 2010, 09:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagnarokNAJU

I love gradius and life force.. the art always reminded me of some of TGL

:skull: :skull: :skull:
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

Gradius? I played 1,2 on NES. I think Gradius II music on NES was so awesome that I just listened it without playing game :redlander:
Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on February 05, 2010, 09:35:51 PM
I love gradius and life force.. the art always reminded me of some of TGL

RagnarokNAJU

for sure!!
:bluelander:
another good one for music was faxanadu and i loved the opening to deadly towers..

i love gradius through out the years.. number 5 for the ps2 is a trip, love it!
and it remains 2d, very nice
~~ Cleaveland

optomon

As much as I love TGL, I'd say Gradius II was the pinnacle of shooters for the NES and one of the most complete games made for the platform. The graphics, especially the animations and enormous bosses, are ridiculously good. The soundtrack is easily among the best on the NES. The game also contains a wide assortment of colorful and detailed themed levels that contain distinct well balanced challenges to adapt to and keep the player on edge; although it's a long game it is not boring or redundant. The game is a completely epic follow up from the original, and is an impressive technical feat.

Gradius III is also a really solid follow up in the series.

RagnarokNAJU

welcome to the board opto.. nice avatar for sure!
yeah i love gradius three.. one of the few games i actually own for my snes.. i believe they got the weapon and option system
down almost perfect on 3..
although the ability to aim your options as you pleasee on number 5 is pretty groovy..
i dont believe i have played number 4 now that i think about it.. hmm
better go check it out
:skull: :skull::skull: :skull:
~~ Cleaveland

RagnarokNAJU

just played through and beat Salamander (gradius 2) for the NES
got 298,760.. didnt die till the escape in the last level..
~~ Cleaveland

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on February 11, 2010, 10:43:39 AMjust played through and beat Salamander (gradius 2) for the NES

Er... Gradius 2 and Salamander are different games  :redlander:

arseniy

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on February 23, 2010, 06:38:32 AM
Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on February 11, 2010, 10:43:39 AMjust played through and beat Salamander (gradius 2) for the NES

Yes it's different :skull: :3 tho Salamader is some gradius. Is it just (J) gradius or some other game?

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: arseniy on February 23, 2010, 09:24:44 AM
Quote from: EinhanderZwei on February 23, 2010, 06:38:32 AM

Yes it's different :skull: :3 tho Salamader is some gradius. Is it just (J) gradius or some other game?
Gradius and Salamander are related in terms of story/characters, but continuities are separate

teremochek

Gradius good game. Has especially pleased gradius 5 - (PS2)
This qualitative continuation. :bluelanderbig:

RagnarokNAJU

Gradius V is the last good flying game of this newage stuff in my opinion...
One of my personal favorites.. put it on hardest difficulity and fly around like a maniac... love it
~~ Cleaveland

teremochek

However, game very difficult. Fortunately me has rescued Quick save.

RagnarokNAJU

i love really hard games like that.. its like nailing a solo on guitar hero.. gives me chills when i manage to dogde like 50 things at once.. love it.... does that make me an addict?
~~ Cleaveland

MoonCloud

an addict?  :) lol, not really. you just enjoy flawlessness... like most gamers  :P

teremochek

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on March 22, 2010, 05:38:39 AM
i love really hard games like that.. its like nailing a solo on guitar hero.. gives me chills when i manage to dogde like 50 things at once.. love it.... does that make me an addict?
I too love heavy games. Here only nerves became a bit worse... :skull: