Fans are welcome!

Gun Nac

Started by TrickyCC, February 06, 2010, 05:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrickyCC

Released 1990-1991
Developed by COMPILE
Published by Nexoft Corporation

Gun Nac, another great game made by COMPILE for the Nintendo Entertainment System. I really enjoyed this game almost as much as The Guardian Legend. The music is once again incredible, and I even think it's slightly better than the music they made for TGL, yet there were too few tracks unfortunately, same with the levels. Although, this game had different difficulties you could choose from in the Option Menu. This game wasn't as unique as TGL as it only consists flying through the whole game, but you had a great amount of weapons you could upgrade during the flight just like many other Shoot Em Up games.

Plot
In the distant future, the earth's resources have been depleted, and many of earth's inhabitants are moving to the new, artificial solar system called IOTA Synthetica. The solar system, like all the solar systems created by the "Galactic Federation", is very hip and up-scale.

This image ended abruptly though, as a mysterious wave of cosmic radiation swept through the solar system. This radiation caused ordinary inanimate objects to spring to life, and attack the solar systems residents.

The Galactic Federation, realizing the situation was beyond their control, calls on Commander Gun-Nac, Son of the Legendary Xan, to save IOTA Synthetica from the ensuing destruction from this strange cosmic energy.

Where can I play Gun Nac?
This game is available at vNes as it was "Game of the month" as of November 2009.

Click here to play Gun Nac

That's all I had to provide, now go play the game!

optomon

Gun Nac was a nice challenge in the spirit of Compile. I was never able to legitimately get passed the Area 5 boss on the hardest difficulty. Definitely a fun, quaint game.

I always thought this character looked familiar:

arseniy

Yay! Miria become into sea monster!

teremochek

GUN NAC to me has seemed difficult and long. Though I have received some pleasure from game.
                                                                            P.S. "GUN NAC it hack Zanac ;)"

RagnarokNAJU

~~ Cleaveland

trexchaos

Да уж, включил, вспомнил. Музыка такая же забавная, как и сама игра. Хитом не назвать, но в игре есть идеи заимствованные из Guardian Legend, например, принцип финального уровня такой же, т.е. на пути к главному боссу появляются прототипы уже убитых. Звук lvlup`a такой же, как и в GL, но ускоренный в 100500 раз. Так же не могли не попасться на глаза Lander`ы выносящие бонусы. Первый уровень с боссом самые милые...зайчики, морковки и всё такое.