Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optomon

Guardian Legend: Secret Edition

I made a video of part of it. The corridor #7 is an example of one of the new levels.

arseniy

Gah,,, It's cool but I don't like the idea of putting the ending music into area!
Could you add more eye bases to the level tho? It was pretty cool. I think could be 3 simple bases and 1 bigger base.
Also you could make harder dragon boss. I think you met him only one time in game.

Another things:
Can you add a corridor enemies into the areas?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPDEha9QYJU

this one made a nice floors for the areas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLIK5afWNWs

UserK

Quote from: arseniy on March 03, 2011, 11:46:45 PM
Gah,,, It's cool but I don't like the idea of putting the ending music into area!
I agree. It was set up that way even in the previous version, the one I am playing.

Orange optomon takes a boatload of damage but it seems to be easier than the blue one... I'll have to think at this.
Quote from: arseniy on March 03, 2011, 11:46:45 PMAlso you could make harder dragon boss. I think you met him only one time in game.
I still haven't found it! Or perhaps I just have not seen it?  ???

arseniy

I told about original game. It has only 1 dragon boss I think. So there could be 2 :redlander:!

optomon

Download the newer version with edits to the corridors here:

TGL-Secert.nes

Notes:
-Corridor 0 and 13 unedited for the most part
-All other corridors are changed around in some way, some are completely different
-Entirely new corridor 21
-Slight changes to the map

UserK

I will keep playing the version I currently have. Perhaps you should add a version signature?

arseniy

Yes good idea about version signatures. Optomon? :optomon:

optomon

Yeah this is a version 2.0, but I kind of wanted this to be the official version.

Ratix

i love this man keep it up. its new life an an old game :heart0:

Ratix

double posting because i want this bumped for a issue with the game.
im having various issues in area 3 coordinates X1,Y19.
i have graphical Garbage on the screen in certain spots and it seems like its randomly generated every time i load the rom image up. While i am playing this on the real hardware i think the same applies to the emulators as well. im testing it on my psp to see if the issue is present there as well.
why its a problem is because for some reason the game crashes and other times it looks like i used game genie codes to make it crash. this is randomly generated i believe everytime. if you want to get there quick just fill the password system with all J's you only start with 2 life but have the keys necessary to get to the coordinates.

optomon

I have never once seen this room crash though I am aware of it, but I think I just spotted the reason why this room glitches. I just looked at the 4 bytes that define this room in the rom, and sure enough, the first and third bytes are entered incorrectly as "13", should be "03".

Try downloading the TGL-secret rom file now. I might have fixed it.

Ratix

ok, but this report is using the latest version of the game you put out. also i did more testing using an emulator and i get screen jitters but no crash, BUT i get screen jitters along that X1 coordinate in area 3. i can most likely make vid of it to mainly because its the craziest thing i've seen in this game that might be somewhat hilarious to some.
also more to report...
it seems that my coordinates get thrown off too. when i access the subscreen my location is in the middle of nowhere. life bar seems to be affected to since i died in one hit but my life bar was still blue but missing a chunck from the beginning. quite strange. but im more then likely going to press on with the game and just PRAY that it doesn't happen in flight mode.
oh btw i just wanna say that the stages are brutal with everything you've thrown and it hold up fairly well on the actual system. yes there is slight flicker but no major slow downs!

arseniy

Man if u use emulator you no need to waste so much time to reach coordinates. You can use save state before room.

Ratix

its recorded off the actual system. apparently it doesn't happen in the emulator. everytime i power down and reload the game the room is different.