Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optomon

Arseniy: does his map read rom or ram? corridors, landers, and message rooms are based on address $51 in the overworld I think. Minibosses I think is $72, but not sure if this is what he's looking for.

And how did that glitch sneak back in, it's an easy fix fortunately... going back and updating stuff a little right now.

arseniy

I think from RAM. I told him to contact right away but he is a shy guy!

Quoise Games

Hi Optomon.  I just basically finished your updated game using TGL flying mode

I actually found it easier to play through this time around. I don't know why but it was a breeze.

But it was fun none the less, thank you again for rejuvinating my most favorite childhood games. 

I have some experience with adding nintendo music to a rom.  If you are interested in making another version, please let me know, I'd like to possibly add some custom tracks

Also I'm interested in hacking the abilities of the weapons (the speed, hp, motion), adding a different set of abilities to the game and possibly editing the speed of some of the flying enemies.  It looks like you got the level design down, and I'd like to assist in these additional areas whenever you are ready to make a new iteration of the game.  Let me know, thanks

Keep up the good work

optomon

It's possibly easier in TGL mode, I don't think I changed the power up awarding system for that mode, which is likely much more generous.

Not sure when I might make another iteration, or if I even will. I also have an inanley large amount of experience adding music to a rom, but haven't done it with TGL, it could be fun. Haven't though about the weapons too much, strangely, but some new ones could really add more strategy/dimension to the game.

arseniy

arseniy

I m lost. How to open corridor 6? It's where the room says - I don't want to help anyone. PM me.

RubyC42

My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

Oh it's a bit copnfusing what he said on page 9. He did not want to reveal the solution. Found it. Thought it something about gold optomon but it's not connected. The solution for 6 is really confusing.

arseniy

OMg... Just beat the gold optomon and look what heppened. I m stuck in here! It's no way out  :skull:
And I did not saved at the blue lander point  :(

Damn. Will have to beat him again....
He is not too hard for me. I just shoot lvl 2 fireball all the way and get lifes with constantly use of EE. If you use EE on explosions it also hit them so you can multiple hit the explosions until you geat health.
Beat him from the 2nd try.

Ratix

in the forest area again.... coordinates x4 y21 the blue lander already tells me "Any luck?" and i never bought anything from him and its my first time in that area. is that supposed to happen?

RubyC42

Quote from: Ratix on October 15, 2012, 07:43:55 AM
in the forest area again.... coordinates x4 y21 the blue lander already tells me "Any luck?" and i never bought anything from him and its my first time in that area. is that supposed to happen?

related to my post at the top of page 10? [although mine was a glitch shop]
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Ratix

another thought crossed my mind but it could also generate its own thread...

what is wonderland?

i believed wonderland to be the part of the game outside of the gaming area. i glitched into an area i did not have the key too. does that consider it wonderland then? if i was to teleport into a area where i did not have the key yet to would it be wonderland? i had always thought of wonderland as a area where its outside of the bounderies of the area of the game not how its plotted on the map.

optomon

I added a slightly modified without the glitches (hopefully) to romahacking.net

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/629/

Anything outside of the normal game on the map I'd consider wonderland, which could be slightly different in this version possibly, but I won't look into it.

arseniy

Quote from: Ratix on October 15, 2012, 08:08:38 AM
another thought crossed my mind but it could also generate its own thread...

what is wonderland?

i believed wonderland to be the part of the game outside of the gaming area. i glitched into an area i did not have the key too. does that consider it wonderland then? if i was to teleport into a area where i did not have the key yet to would it be wonderland? i had always thought of wonderland as a area where its outside of the bounderies of the area of the game not how its plotted on the map.

Yes exactly. I saw that is possible to go outside of the map in some walktrhough called Last Frontier. That's how he named that. But it's a totally random. When you outside of the map everything starts to slowly randomize slowly becoming more and more glitchy. It's not possible to walk outside without contstant save state or using RAM inputs to make Miria walk. Because it is often you are inside of the totally closed and you can't go to other rooms anymore.

arseniy

Did you also updated the ROM linked in the main thread post?