Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optomon

Frankly anyone quick to dole out destructive criticism is asking for it.

arseniy

Anyway it's really harder but it's not make not want to play like previous build did. This build is really cool so far. I reach the 7th,8th area. As I said beat Gold Optomon and got stuck inside the red piramids. Now have to replay Gold Opto again.
New riddles made me feel completely awesome and increased hardness is good for me because I played original one multiple times.
[edit]
Or maybe the reason is because I play with the feature with map that Anegorami made. The map feels so great with the game and I m not confused because I see which rooms I visited and which not.

Ratix

DFStormbringer, i will say in the original game its hard to notice that your shots are reduced to 3 or 2 depending on the weapon in use because by the time you get a weapon to use you already had the 3 shot before the wide 3 shot, but by that time you are not really using a secondary so much but the regular shot also gives the illusion that you are shooting more. i never noticed it till i had 90 chip power left later on in the game.
i'm sorry i put it the way i did :-X

AlastorSX

DL'd it... I am very interested in playing it! May make it my whole night  :bluelander:
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

AlastorSX

Epic! I just got through the first part of it, and to the computer room... I will see if I can beat it.

Ratix

AlastorSX

Optomon... I love it and I hate it. I love the challenge, but hate all the cursing it provokes me to do. Corridor 1? As soon as the boss appeared, I went from 9 to 0 health. I defeated him with 0 health, but did NOT see that coming. That boss I admit is so much easier in your ship, than on foot like in the original. Out of all the ground bosses, that one is by far my least favorite to fight. Anyways, expect many messages as I progress tbrough your devil child of a game :-p

Ratix

my screen still jumps around a little bit when i am playing the game. i didn't go back to check to see if the coordinates will take me to random areas yet but the screen jumping was not present in 2.0 after you had fixed it and i am playing the latest build since i had just patched the game today. i made it past that area too so i never really went back to check it. its still very playable for me but i don't know if there was any other room in the game that will yield the same results as the videos i made that show it. if i do i'll be sure to post them. i've told some people about this game and they are very interested in putting it on actual cart. i simply told them to hold the phone before jumping on that.
its a rare occurance and its very tough to recreate because it happens so randomly. it seemed to start to happen around the flesh area when i first entered it. the status bar jumped to the middle of the screen for like 1 second and went back to the bottom.
btw eyegore was a beast but that red optomon gave me so much trouble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnF6PvN2wQ
tee hee
attached is the lastest password for me

optomon

Thanks for the report; Hopefully there is something that can be done about. Are you on actual hardware? I might have to make you do additional testing. ;)

AlastorSX

Eyegor is where I am getting my ass kicked currently. I will get him eventually.

Ratix

Quote from: optomon on October 22, 2012, 12:14:16 PM
Thanks for the report; Hopefully there is something that can be done about. Are you on actual hardware? I might have to make you do additional testing. ;)
yes im still using the powerpak to play the game on the actual system.
currently i am using the official mappers from retrousb.com i tried to use the save state mappers but i've had various issues with them.
as of right now the current mappers from retrousb and loopy's mappers work with all the games i throw at it.

the thought had crossed my mind that maybe the mapper for this game isn't implemented right but brushed it off as i can beat the game in both modes including your mod. i still have all the builds you have released titled respectively with the exception of version 2.0 being missing or not being the right one.

Another thought that had crossed my mind was how the original game's map was plotted. maybe some rooms were sealed BECAUSE of bugs that they didn't iron out.
BTW the final boss of the game is tough, but the orange enemy bosses were by far the hardest enemies i've faced in the game. The amount of flicker in the game is quite gruesome at some parts but the old system never skipped a beat.
testing for you will not be a problem. :redlander:

AlastorSX

I agree that the orange bosses are down right nasty. I am in corridor 2, and not looking forward to the boss before the final one, not to mention the final boss himself. Orange IT maybe?

AlastorSX

Ooops! Corridor 10, sorry... I haven't made it to the boss yet.

Ratix

Quote from: AlastorSX on October 24, 2012, 10:05:40 AM
I agree that the orange bosses are down right nasty. I am in corridor 2, and not looking forward to the boss before the final one, not to mention the final boss himself. Orange IT maybe?
its difficult. thats all i will say

AlastorSX

I am on the final area. I won't spoil, but have to know... How many boss fights are there? If only one, not the final boss I expected by far, but effective.