Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratix

i haven't beat the game yet but i have faced the final boss. i don't remember any of my hits registering on any of the enemies. they kept flying off the screen and other things. i thought i had to relearn a patter and time everything right because that boss type doesn't receive damage till he stops to shoot the missles.

AlastorSX

I noticed only the Blue and Orange ones attack in the beginning. I haven't played in a while, but I need to.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

Ratix

i need to FINISH the game but i am simply just to tired when i get home from work. its been a while so the gauntlet will be interesting to see again.
i was able to beat the game but the last boss fell like nothing when i switched weapons and was hitting the red boss. i thought i was getting the orange and blue ones 1st this time since i got the pattern down. guess i was wrong.

Grimgrin

Wow! TGLSecret 3.0 is another interesting hack ever. The bosses have changed, new puzzles and one of them was very tricky.

The Hardest Bosses for me was:
Orange ClawBot
Orange Bombarder
Red dragon
Blue Optomon

I also like the final boss. Great work!
Currently extending the game.

arseniy

Hey Grim! I wonder how you beat Orange ClawBot?
I have no idea so I used cheap shot tactic with stay in the top corner with double sabers.

Grimgrin

I use the Double Sabers to defeat it and make sure I have enough EE's.
Currently extending the game.

optomon

So what's the consensus on this? I don't know how I'm going to be able to fix the final boss issue where every now and then he decides to be vulnerable while flying around. What were the other issues again, some kind of fuzzy noise during gameplay? I really would like this game on a cart, so I'm trying to wonder if I can get away with it.

optomon

OK, I found out what's wrong with the final boss.

Parameters leftover from the previous boss at the end of Corrdor 21 are getting loaded into the final boss. So simply, write those parameters to 0 before the boss fight at some point and that should do it. I consider this the only launch blocking defect, so once I find a way to slip that in, should be good to go for playing on NES.

arseniy

Most of people have no idea how to write parametrs and which ones.
I consider that as unintentional joke from your side.

RedEyeGore

Hi. I can not open corridor 2...I had everything memorized from the original TGL. First time I played it I was 13 (1993) . Now after so many years I came to find this awesome forum and yet...cant get past corridor 2 :( I mean I can not open it....help please...

arseniy

You are playing MOD version 3 right? It has different tasks for the corridors to open.

RedEyeGore

Can I have the link for the last mod version please? :)

arseniy

I hope you can use patch - http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/629/
Click 3.0
Also I honestly suggest to play it on FCEUX with this plugin:
http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,1815.0.html
It's a script that creates a dynamic map so you see your progress on revealing the map. Also it saves your password progress with one click. And loads too. So it's like you play without cheats but with handy support.
It looks something like this:
http://data1.floomby.com/files/share/3_1_2013/44MH5b9Fk6FYLDdYFcggg.png

RedEyeGore

Ok. I haven't been able to play the game after i downloaded the rom u told me too :( I used jnes and it was cool...now fceu requires things I don't understand...i tried playing with jnes and nothing happenes...game is not working anymor :( help!

Ratix