Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

All I know of the difference between v3.2 and v3.3 is that the lander at (7,5) was supposed to give you a hint on how to open corridor 06, v3.2 didn't have that
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Shredder

Hi,

Thanks for great hack! )
Are you planning to develop it further or 3.3 is the final version?

optomon

This would be the final version. I don't have any intention of updating it further. If I did have a next project, it would probably be an improvement on the dungeon randomizer.

Ulis_Mutter

Alright, I will start playing TGL-SE 3.3 soon. Being a noob it took me two hours to find and patch the latest version. :-)

Quoise Games

Quote from: optomon on January 26, 2014, 08:44:56 AM
This would be the final version. I don't have any intention of updating it further. If I did have a next project, it would probably be an improvement on the dungeon randomizer.
I made that randomizer,  so, if necessary, feel free to ask me any questions about it.

I'm officialy inspired to work on a new project for the game. stay tuned

Faust

v3.3 need fix choosing.
At x7y12 (Bullet Shield, Blue Lander, Saber) if you choose saber weapon, not a Bullet Shield. At the end of the game you have 4 sabers and 2 Bullet Shields.
And x7y5 (Red Lander, Front Wave, Defense Up) if you don't buy Red Lander here, at the end of the game you have just 2400 chips, four front waves or 8 defens up. And you can't buy at x23y21, because prices there is 3000.

Changing it like this:
- x7y12 (Bullet Shield, Blue Lander, Rapid Fire or Energy Tank)
- x7y5 (Red Lander, Rapid Fire or Energy Tank, Blue Lander)

and x20y17 have strange choose (Blue Lander, Rapid Fire, Repeller), if buy repeller, at the end you have four of them.

RubyC42

Quote from: Faust on April 23, 2014, 05:13:11 AM
v3.3 need fix choosing.
At x7y12 (Bullet Shield, Blue Lander, Saber) if you choose saber weapon, not a Bullet Shield. At the end of the game you have 4 sabers and 2 Bullet Shields.
And x7y5 (Red Lander, Front Wave, Defense Up) if you don't buy Red Lander here, at the end of the game you have just 2400 chips, four front waves or 8 defens up. And you can't buy at x23y21, because prices there is 3000.

Changing it like this:
- x7y12 (Bullet Shield, Blue Lander, Rapid Fire or Energy Tank)
- x7y5 (Red Lander, Rapid Fire or Energy Tank, Blue Lander)

and x20y17 have strange choose (Blue Lander, Rapid Fire, Repeller), if buy repeller, at the end you have four of them.

At least I now know what to avoid when I replay the game XD (I usually always get the red lander whenever available)

welcome to the forums btw  :redlander:
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Shredder

I've found some bugs with last boss. If you press "select" when blue boss just appeared on screen, but yellow not yet, the yellow becomes red, thus you have TWO red "waiting" bosses and game becomes impassable because you need to beat yellow to disclose red.

arseniy

Some guy asked me where to get hack version 1 and 2?

optomon

I believe Zohar has version 1. Version 2 probably a backup on some computer I have.

andreasaspenberg

i do not enjoy a challenge and the original game is a bit too challenging already so, could you create an easy version of the game?

KnightimeX

Hi!
Love this rom hack.

I'm having an issue with accessing corridor 9.
It says you have to burn your way out.

Where do I do this, with what weapon?

Thanks!

arseniy

arseniy

I had some play around with that random game generator. And what I saw is that it's not only possible to modify weapons damage but also their speeds.
Also that super easy polipus boss, if you'd made it so the player reach it and it send out floor polips with many HP it become not so easy to beat.

Another fun thing was with big HP sea horses. In original game they are also super easy but with big HP it become different to beat them.

Also in that random stuff there are some places when it throws lots of enemies that you'll never see a swarm in original which also intresting thing.

fireball

There was a big blind race of this about a week ago.  5 people raced it blind, mostly TGL runners.

http://www.twitch.tv/shinerccc/c/6217173

ShinerCCC was the only person to finish it (due to length mostly, 4+ hour races tend to die), so I'll only link to his VOD, but it also featured both the WR holder for 100 and any%.  Sadly I couldn't compete in it as I was working, and also sadly no one had posted here before the race, as it was fun times (for what I could watch), ah well.
I died.