Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Inventary

Started by teremochek, March 22, 2010, 09:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teremochek

What do you think of stock with things?
The interesting idea make artefacts or modernised devices can?

arseniy

You mean inventory like in the RPG games? Like you carry them but can use only several things to put on yourself?

teremochek

Quote from: arseniy on March 22, 2010, 07:15:49 PM
You mean inventory like in the RPG games? Like you carry them but can use only several things to put on yourself?
Yes classical stock with artefacts as well as others RPG
Then it was possible to Search and collect materials, for new improvements...
....Still it is possible to make skills: Alchemy, Possession of the ancient weapon...  XD (there is no it I joke)

Cybertox

Maybe monsters can drop some parts you use to create some kind of drone who fights on your side limited time. You know to weaken bosses or something like that. And you can use it once. Then you must start collect parts again to create another one. There must be option to launch uncompleted drone but its fight worse. Drone can carry one of your second weapon.

arseniy

this drones could be a small bosses GFX(:grimgrin:) that all acts same. The only difference they would have is a bullet power/speed and armor. U probably always can rebuild them with a very high cost of chips(like one full chips enough only to build half)
Not sure its great idea but something to think about.

UserK

I think it makes sense to have a very limited storage whose usage is in fact discouraged.
Think of Quake2: some objects could be stored in limited amounts. Navigating the inventory is quite limited (only prev/next object controls).

+1 for the drone idea. It seems people love drones.

teremochek

I too think that the high-grade stock isn't necessary. It is good to think over weapon Improvement better. For example to 5 weapon power.
Probably to make the weapon combiner. Unites Two tools, but consumes much chips.

Semantic

I am personally against stocks and inventories. Look, every second game nowadays have these. And, where we have these we usually also get farming, killing monsters again and again for another piece of... I like more idea to kill monsters to get in right location more than to upgrade. I think search for full value ready to use upgrades like in the original game is better. Maybe some of upgrades can take a place behind dozen of puzzles, or very difficult monsters.

arseniy

Quote from: Semantic on November 29, 2010, 09:25:23 PM
I am personally against stocks and inventories. Look, every second game nowadays have these. And, where we have these we usually also get farming, killing monsters again and again for another piece of... I like more idea to kill monsters to get in right location more than to upgrade. I think search for full value ready to use upgrades like in the original game is better. Maybe some of upgrades can take a place behind dozen of puzzles, or very difficult monsters.
I like this point :)

Manna

Anybody here play Sigma Star Saga (GBA)? They had a pretty interesting system for customizing your weapons. It was kind of an RPG/shooter hybrid where you would roam a planet's surface and all the random encounter battles would zap you into a side scrolling shooter until you killed x amount of a particular enemy type.

(As it sounds, it wasn't... quite as good as I hoped of a psuedo followup)

But their system of Gun Data would let you swap and combine bullet 'behaviors', shot type, and after-effect. So you could make an 8-way laser gun that makes enemies drop XP boost items on every 10th hit or so.

arseniy

Yes heard of Sigma but did not really wanted to play just watched vids on youtube a little.

RagnarokNAJU

I found Sigma Star to be kind of lame..
~~ Cleaveland

UserK

I read about a game which would look at the most used weapons (number of "fire" action i suppose) and evolve them using a genetic algorithm (not sure what this means). I cannot quite remember the name of the game but anyways I like both this (automatic) evolution and yours.

laizhensil

I think both opinions are valid and both could work.  The key would be balance.

And balance is achieved through play testing.  Lots and lots and lots of play testing.   :heart:

And from a tradition point of view, the original game had both.  (Smart bombs were stock based).

arseniy

@laizhensil you talk about Sigma? Because I would not say weapons in TGL is so well balanced :3