Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Adventure and SHMUP or SHMUP?

Started by arseniy, February 12, 2011, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So would it be enough for you if there was only SHMUP or adventure mode is what makes it so great?

SHMUP+Adventure only!
15 (100%)
SHMUP would be enough!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

arseniy

It's silly question maybe but lets see. In my opinion TGL is so great because have both modes - adventure and SHMUP!

I wonder is there anyone who would prefer only SHMUP mode like with TGL password(but maybe with shop to buy weapons and choose some path ala Tyrian)

UserK

Is the question related to TGL sequel?
TGL is SHMUP + adventure. If there's no adventure, there will be no TGL for me.
But pure SHMUP rocks. I love blowing up stuff.

arseniy

It's bout both and original and possible sequel :bluelander:

UserK

I think I still don't understand the question. Anyway, to re-elaborate the TGL idea, both must be included so I voted for both.
I think the adventure mode will likely have to be revised and expanded as well. The original concept wasn't completely exploited originally and it would be very superficial nowadays.

For every other game, SHMUP is ok. But I expect a TGL sequel to have both.
I even spent some time thinking at a SHMUP + FPS. I think that would be a better combo.

arseniy

I think you understood question. I ask if anyobody would be enough if TGL was only a SHMUP or is TGL is nothing without double mode Adventure+SHMUP

coinilius

TGL IS TGL because it is both modes - the high-concept melding of both genres is what made it stick in the minds of so many people.

Daenorius

First Person Adventure (shmup and adventure) for the labyrinth, and Starfox like shmupping in Corridors.

If it worked for Metroid Prime and Starfox it will work for TGL too!

arseniy

zeldatimelinefreak

Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault are what come to mind in that question. Also, I voted for Adventure+SHMUP.
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

AlastorSX

There are plenty of shooter games without the adventure, so... Had to choose the obviously better one  :bluelander:
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."