Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Thoughts on the Labyrinth

Started by Manna, February 19, 2011, 07:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomSpriter

Well I have been thinking about how to make the Labyrinth feel fresh...
I guess this may work actually well, but I feel it's also too different.
I'll keep it in mind, but so far, stale camera seems to be the prio.

Doesn't mean it might change, as I want to hear more opnions on this.

arseniy

I m sure it should similar to original. I think the right direction is to upgrade original. With a try of make something kewl with awesome features mostly like will make it more a mainstream. I mean just because of lose too much connection with original, u know?

As for MAP I think it should be map where u see the passages. Not just squares. And maybe even a marks for unbeaten bosses or untaken items.

UserK

Quote from: zeldatimelinefreak on March 19, 2011, 02:04:06 AMAll range mode like in Star Fox 64. Free movement around a map that turns when you turn. Like say your ship gets to the left side of the screen and you keep pressing left; the camera will start to turn/twist/whatever left. Get it? XD
Like Wii FPS, Wiimote controls crosshair and moves screen when hitting the edge? Something like that?
This would be equivalent to "third person view". It introduces some issues. BTW, StarFox always have been 3D if memory serves.

+1 for the "annotated map"
Line from a cell to the other = passage
Blue lander on a cell = shop to be used or save point
Green pyramid on a cell = boss

Something like that?

zeldatimelinefreak

I imagined it working with the overhead view using a deadzone like wii fps's, but the deadzone would be on the character instead of a cursor and only be side to side keeping the shooter gameplay fresh yet original. This could add more strategy to boss battles in the corridors since you'd have to turn more often to find the boss's weakpoint. But you'd still have the classic boss battle style as well for others like :optomon:...
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

arseniy

Hm.. I still think the sequel better be based on original gameplay. Original gameplay upgrade. Making the free movement with rotating screen is too much risk to get disconnected with original game.
Like a feature used in other game u suggest "search for weak spot in boss" is not suitable for Guardian Legend atmosphere.
I think puzzle elements should belong to overworld and pur SHMUP to fly stages. It's pretty awesome switch between focus direction. Maybe the overworld should be more puzzled and quested than in original.
Keep fly stages free of puzzle and keep it a pure action will be really good contrast I think.

UserK

Yeah, I agree. I'm unable to figure it out even after the explanation.
Wouldn't it just be third person view?

RandomSpriter

zeldatimelinefreak

Kind of, but I was thinking of it only being in the corridors so you keep a constant movement rate, and you would automatically u-turn after you reach the border.
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

RandomSpriter

Aha! I got what you mean!

Against bosses, there's more then 1 side(The front), if you would reach the border, you'll swap to another side of the boss(Left and right side of boss), and if you turn one more to the same side you did, you'll be in the back(Behind).

Interesting idea, I get what you mean, akin to the Sephi big boss in FF7.
But that would be One INSANE big boss for that! Mostly.