Updates:

Fans are welcome!

If the sequel would have a title?

Started by RandomSpriter, March 06, 2011, 11:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomSpriter

Well it's REALLY important!
We'll be following the Japanese Source Code for certain, since the translations have....caused some havoc on information, shall we say. :P
Good thing Arseniy and you found several things I have missed.

So far, we have a few good Choices!

The Warrior Legend!
The Second Legend!
The Naju Legend!
Guardic Gaiden: New NAJU
The Defender Legend

Also, there's been some changes, to reflect the title, on the story progressions, if any of the "Naju" suggestions goes through, we'll head for the "remnants" of Naju that survived first, somehow. ;)

arseniy

If the game was some commercial epic stuff then it would be cool if Guardian save one of Najus and travel to Evil Aliens inside it.

UserK

Could you please re-phrase that sentence arsenniy? Travel to aliens... inside some Naju?

That's a fairly difficult process. We cannot use the name "as is" to avoid explicit proprietary IP so I think no more than a word should be taken from each original title. We have "Guardic Gaiden" and "The Guardian Legend". I think "Naju" is also very widespread in knowledge among old fans.
Given the short names, just slapping a "2" or a ": something" could probably deliver. It's quite overused for a reason: it is effective. Too bad we cannot do that.

I think everything having "Naju" in the name must be given a +1. Arseniy' suggestion is pretty good to me as it's fairly close to the TGL title and changes the "guardian" to something which is probably even more well known. Hopefully one should see the title and immediatly "resume" its old memory, you know how brain works... there must be "strong", identificative notions.

The Second Legend
is also good.

RandomSpriter

I think Aresniy meant a 3D video commerical where you see her going into Naju and fights the aliens inside it.

arseniy

I'll explain. It was little offtopic.
On RandomSpriter's title picture there is few Naju planets. So I was talk about his title picture possible plot. So such plot would be that Guardian destroys 2 Naju planets and the 3rd one Guardian was able to save. Guardian figured out that Naju was not evil but was controlled by evil created by some evil aliens. So the Guardian travels to that aliens inside saved Naju.

Yes it's like cut scene. After come to aliens (who originally took over Najus and planned to take over many civilisations) the gameplay continues as before and Guardian makes his way to the final boss who wants to rule the universe. Hehehe :skull: :redlander:!

Simple and epic like any other RPG game plots  XD

UserK

AlastorSX

Legend of the Ancestor Guardian. Long name, but fitting. Or maybe the Guardian Bloodlines. I will post more names if I think of them. Obviously we can look for it to be roughly 100+ years later when a new evil spawns from the pits of hell or space to have a new protagonist do what their ancestor did many years ago, as long as the original was able to reproduce and have a blood line. The Guardian Ancestor? I dunno, they all kinda sound lame to me. The Guardian Legend is hard to top. The Guardian Legacy may be fitting, if again it is all in the same bloodline to save the world. I actually really like that name. If I recreated it, I would call it The Guardian Legacy.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

arseniy

The Guardian Legacy - yeah it's nice that's it's different but same time gives idea it might be The Guardian Legend sequel.

UserK

EinhanderZwei

How about '[a completely new title]: After The Guardian Legend'?
Say, Full Metal Goddess: After The Guardian Legend - that sounds badass!
Or heck, you can use Thunder Angel: After The Guardian Legend, as I've renamed my game  :bluelander:

arseniy

AlastorSX

Glad you liked the name... Much like Legend of mana is the sequel to the first 2 secret of manas.  Also, they had final fantasy adventures before them which was a totally different name. If not for it just being a known fact, no one would assume it to be related to the others. Also, if not the same bloodline, could be like a reincarnation kind of thing where the guardian remembers things from her past life. So many directions a new title could go. Maybe even if the guardian was part of some organization that was hell bent on saving humanity. Maybe I will draft some back stories when I get on my comp.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

EinhanderZwei

Also, the band Iron Savior has a good array in their song titles:

• Iron Savior
  • Assailant
  • Watcher in the Sky
  • The Savior
  • Forces of Rage
  • Starborn
  • Solar Wings
  • Made of Metal
  • Protector
  • Ironbound
  • Thunderbird
  • Wings of Deliverance
  • Starchaser
  • Cyber Hero

Spudacus

My brainstorming :bluelander:, just throwing out everything I could think of:
(Guardian related)
-Guardic Lore
-Sentinal of Naju
-Savant Legend/ Savant core
-Guardian Progeny (If you don't play as Miria/Alyssa)
(Non Guardian)
-Crisis Star (referring to Naju)
-Nova Wing (dunno, referrence to fighter mode)
-Cosmo Guard
Also, maybe the name could be a short phrase, like call of duty, devil may cry, and stuff:
-Of Silver Wings
-The End of Naju
-The Final Guardian (Various interpretations)
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

deepshock

Steel Seraph developer.

www.facebook.com/steelseraph
www.twitter.com/steelseraphgame