Zelda II – Amida’s Curse sets difficulty below the original. And focuses on exploration. There are no cheap deaths and grinding isn’t necessary. So if the original Zelda 2 was too hard for you, maybe this one hack fixes that.
As I understood the game targeted towards to people who wanted to like the original Zelda 2, but found it too difficult.
The hack’s page https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6292/ mentions features:
- 9 new temples to explore (vs 7 in vanilla Zelda II).
- 11 new towns to visit (vs 8 in vanilla Zelda II).
- New soundtrack.
- Brand new overworld.
- New story.
- New graphics.
- Animated tiles on the overworld.
- Balanced difficulty, no cheap deaths.
- No random encounters on the overworld.
- Loads of gameplay tweaks (building on Zelda II Redux).
- Lives you find are permanent.
- No grinding necessary.
- Enemy rebalancing, no more huge HP pools.
- Press A as a Fairy to instantly return to your normal form.
- Temple stones give fixed EXP.
- Fairy can’t fly through doors.
- Save anywhere by pressing up and A on the start menu. Be aware though, that you’ll be warped back to the starting point of the game. So, only use this option when you want to stop playing.
- And so much more…
Watch trailer of the game:
Do you want spoilers? Here is full playthrough:
If you like the site, please consider to make a donation! The site needs your help to pay for the hosting and domain.