Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donloteion

Character Sheet Sign-up

Name:

Personality: (Just some info about your character?s primary behaviours. No need to go too in-depth since you?ll surely show it and develop during the course of the RP)

Physical Appearance: (Naturally so people can have a general idea of what a character looks like. Also include any potential cybernetic replacements, understanding the advantages and disadvantages of those.)

Bio: (List if the person is from a version of Earth, Venus, Hyrule, Coruscant, Tallon IV, Eternia, Alefgard, Final Fantasy VII's Planet Gaia, Final Fantasy VI's World of Balance, or any other place you can think of, and some background if you wish.)

This is something I used to do a good while back on the Metroid Prime boards over on GameFAQs.  It started out as a simple "Create Your Own Space Pirate Logs", which turned into a huge Space Pirate RP, which included just about anyone and everything.  It was a huge cross-over of sorts from just about any video game or comic book you could think of.

Anyone interested in starting something like that here?  It doesn't have to be anything epic where we create this giant battle system or anything like that; we simply just create characters based somewhat on ourselves, and we throw ourselves into The Guardian Legend universe.   

Every universe, super hero, etc. is welcome.  It could be something that starts out in Sunnydale California with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and eventually just get taken to Hoth from Empire Strikes Back, or anything like that.  Just crazy stuff, with our own character(s) based on ourselves or along those lines, thrown into the mix of insanity.  But the core and most important aspect of the entire RP, will always be The Guardian Legend  :bluelander:
I AM ERROR.

RubyC42

i personally already have an idea for a TGL-like character; although getting someone to design it is usually thechallenging part..

QuoteName: Akrn Salthic (ah-kern)

Universe: TGL [duh!]

Personality: Nothing defined just yet; probably develop as story progresses

Physical Appearance: Virtually a totally blue "armoured" Guardian fighter; although he has a human-like face for communications when in walking mode. (i guess slightly similar to how the english version of Miria appears in the boxart?)
in fighter mode: a blue plane with white strips here and there; especially on the wings

Pro: System is capable of installing a wide selection of arsenal; some are even capable for "Level 4" upgrade. Strong defence

Con: Limited chip capacities; can be slower due to heavier arsenal; when in walking mode - he prefers to use sabres and shields/force fields (thus limited attacking range)

Special mention: has a "rival" Guardian Fighter named Tetharil, or "Terry" - orange armour and unlike Akrn, he wears no helmet so sports a black, long hair
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Donloteion

Hey that's cool, we can just roll with it and get artwork done down the line if we get to that point. 
I AM ERROR.

Donloteion

Name: Murahan Korik

Personality: At first glance, pretty easy going but rather conservative; he keeps personal matters to himself.

Physical Appearance: 5'6''.  Average build. 

Bio: Murahan hails from the City of New Phlan in the Moonsea Region.  (As depicted in the NES game Pool of Radiance).  Murahan was a rookie guard for the city, but he recently quit the position in favor of joining up with a couple other adventurers he met in the local tavern.  He'd often pass by the signs posted in town, talking of Riches Fame & Glory, and how the Council sought heroes of all kinds to free the city from the evil hordes.  Armed with nothing more than a short sword, plated armor, and a small shield, Murahan was ready to do his part for the city.  What he didn't realize, was what was lying in wait for him.  Sure, there were talks of an evil bronze dragon that ruled the castle to the south, but that would be the tip of the iceberg, concerning his adventures, as there were more to life than horses, dragons, and magic....
I AM ERROR.

RubyC42

If we're going to allow crossovers i think it's a good idea to  also mention which universe/game the character belongs to; just incase for people who never heard of the game have no idea what any of what you [generic] are trying to explain actually means.

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Donloteion

Agreed.  That's why I listed what game I'm coming from and was generic about it.  The crossovers are for those who want to tell their own stories for awhile, but if they like what other people are writing, or feel like getting into what other people are writing, they can find a way to bring their character over.  The central focus or the main most important world will always be The Guardian Legend.  My character might be able to mop the floor with monsters, people, etc. where he's from, but put him on Naju, and Fleepa will maul him.
I AM ERROR.

RubyC42

So how should we start the thing? As in the settings (other than being on Naju or Naju-like planet, obviously)

Donloteion

However we want I guess.  I'm just sorta making this up as I go.  Maybe just start your character somewhere, and start writing and see what happens. 
I AM ERROR.

RubyC42

But i am useless at starting RPs D:

oh well; here goes nothing.

[note; I tried to "fuse" the two worlds together; so at least there MAYBE some linkage for the two characters after some posts. I am also plan to use some elements of this thread: http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,1868.0.html ; so everything "above the surface" could be of your world; while the "below surface" worlds are  the actual  TGL-like stuff]

Would be great if more people could join though; too bad i don't see many of us are actually the RPer type around.

=========

It had been what appeared to be yet another eventless year; months after months of various trainings and testings of various weaponry developped by the Military, and doing mock missions around the "Above Surface" worlds. But beyond the monotonous daily life; things appeared to be  nothing out of ordinary for many years in the Above Surface worlds.

Even for a highly regarded member of the Guardian Fighters, Akrn never found out what really goes on in the "Under Surface" worlds - any operations down there were kept as strict "Military Confidence" and the only times when he had a chance to venture down there were during more mock missions in highly controlled environment.

It was now the time for the end-of-year break and Akrn had been given a short break after what appeared to be an eternal wait for. And dispite that he had been told to remain on high alert for any possible "real" missions; Akrn never really allowed it to detract him from his plans - after all; it had been the same for as long as he can remember, what could possibly go wrong this year?

Near the "Capital City" [currently unnamed, but can be named as the story goes on, i guess]; Akrn sat on a bench inside the city park observed the normal life that went on around him - families stocked up groceries for the dinner party; elderly couples and kids fed the swans in the lake; and other military people from the same establishment mingled with the civilians that other than the uniform they wore; they appeared not unlike each other.

Donloteion

OK cool, let's roll with it and see where we end up.  I'll get to posting soon.   :redlander:
I AM ERROR.

EinhanderZwei

I'm in! I guess, if we're talking space pirates here, the space mercs will do, too  :redlander:

Name: John 'Redeye' Targa

Personality: Seemingly, a brute and unsophisticated guy who always prefers smashing the doors over lockpicking and plays only as the Barbarian or Paladin in D&D (though being intelligent enough to pick AD&D v2 of all systems). Has a good military tactics knowledge and is an above average weapons expert. He may behave dumb from time to time, but is very loyal to his comrades and has a Code Of Honor of sorts.

Inspired by: Bill Rizer (Contra), Bren McGuire (Turrican), WarHammer 40K, Todd (P. W. Anderson's Soldier)

Physical Appearance: Almost 2 meters high, short buzzcut black hair, red eyes, athletic but somewhat obese physique (those Space Burgers between missions don't do much good). Has cybernetic implants in his eyes and back, resulting in better communication and feedback with the power armors and EinhanderZwei's onboard AI. The cons of his physical abilities are obvious - he's too bulky for narrow spots and fragile surfaces, especially with any kind of power armor on.

Bio: Born on Earth as one of the Adam Project subjects. Once served in the Turrican Assault Suit Unit under the command of legendary Bren McGuire, under the 'Redeye' callsign. After the unit was dismissed after the final victory over The Machine, went mercenary. Has some serious hots for Samus Aran and expresses this in constantly inviting her to a cup of Space Coffee and/or challenging her to pissing contests of whoever's last mission was harder, whenever they meet at the same Space Hunters station. Pilots a small one-man gunship called EinhanderZwei (can be translated as 'One-Handed [Sword] Mk. II') - his replacement for the TGL fighter transformation. Currently assigned to mining and terraforming supervision of the planet Naju.

RubyC42

[[ Terraforming project eh? That would be an invitation for events to come ]]

Donloteion :

So you're a whole chapter RP'er type, eh*? I guess i'll need up up 2 gears of creativity to match that D:  XD

* I asked because over the years i have had seen different styles so i wasn't really sure what i'd expect.

Donloteion

Haha I'm just sorta makin' stuff up as I go  :redlander:     We'll see where it all goes.  There's a-lot of freedom here to do whatever you want so enjoy!!

I've created a topic for the actual RP itself, so we can keep the character sheet sign ups and all that for this topic we have here.
I AM ERROR.

RubyC42

Oh yeah I read it already; that's why I came back here to make my own observations instead of disturbing the main thing with OOC discussions and stuff.

I rememeber few years ago when I was still a mass text RPer the most i dealt was more or less paragraph-like posts (like how I opened it all up); and by golly it was tiring enough as is XD

Nothing for me to add there just yet; maybe because I still think the two universes are still too divergent for any connection within the first few posts, at least for now. But when the plot gathers pace everything will come together eventually.

So I'll hand it all over to EinhanderZwei to make his BIG entry :redlander: (or anyone else that wants to join, of course)

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RC42 on January 01, 2013, 09:10:43 AMSo I'll hand it all over to EinhanderZwei to make his BIG entry :redlander: (or anyone else that wants to join, of course)
Hah, that's what I just did!  8)