Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

http://rebirthofdougler111.deviantart.com/art/Comission-for-Rubycored-348618326

Originally a botched commission, but I was thankfully able to get him to edit some areas here and there.

So there you go; I present you Tetharil Cannin :bluelander: (...at least you can think of Terry having that kind of design, anyway...)
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

EinhanderZwei

Nice! Personally I imagined him and Akrn to be some kind of a cross between male Miria and Xan from Unreal Tournament '99, I don't know why!  :D

Coincidentally, I've made a quick sketch of John and his team yesterday, will post here sometime soon...

RubyC42

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on January 15, 2013, 05:50:34 AM
Nice! Personally I imagined him and Akrn to be some kind of a cross between male Miria and Xan from Unreal Tournament '99, I don't know why!  :D

Nah, I'd say for Akrn his outlook could be something like this http://nrag.deviantart.com/art/Folium-303190984 [obviously more elaborate and with the wingblades, but when I saw this pic i thought "this could be a useful base for Akrn"  :redlander:]

Re: Post 23/26

So what happened to the rest of the crew? I hope a sizeable population of them are still alive :P [referring to the crew and the medics at Post 15, 16 and the "other" John at Post 22]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 15, 2013, 07:15:35 AM
Re: Post 23/26

So what happened to the rest of the crew? I hope a sizeable population of them are still alive :P [referring to the crew and the medics at Post 15, 16 and the "other" John at Post 22]
Good point... I assume that not everybody was turned to zombies, and some other survivors have managed to fight back; that would be somewhat original.

RubyC42

So, what's the status of the RP at the moment? Are we all waiting for Donloteion's big return?

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 17, 2013, 12:18:27 PM
So, what's the status of the RP at the moment? Are we all waiting for Donloteion's big return?
Sorry man, got a couple of really FUBAR'd days lately and a creative micro-burnout. Will get back to it after full recovery!  :bluelander:

RubyC42

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on January 17, 2013, 01:56:08 PM

Sorry man, got a couple of really FUBAR'd days lately and a creative micro-burnout. Will get back to it after full recovery!  :bluelander:

Ha, no worries mate, was just wondering since the plotline seemed  to be heading in that direction where we're all just waiting for that one man to post  :bluelander:

wish you all the best, though!

UserK

I guess I could spend a little on the secondary characters I'm using to try to bring Rey to base.

Earl and Leona.
They are the two dealing with managing the airport from the control tower. Leona is a military, a skilled tactician and an excellent hand-to-hand fighter as an hobby. Normally, she can manage the airport herself with ease, as well as probably everything else she needs. She has short, red hair. Her face is often serious, if not severe looking.

Earl is a civilian. He was dispatched to Naju to better analyze the radio signals the planet emits (apparently he his an expert in signal analysis), as well as taking care of radio and aircraft scans. He's rarely seen without headphones. When he's not looking at a monitor she's looking at his redhead boss. Before that, he was at the gym. In case of extra pressure, he helps Leona in her duties.

Their lives crossed about two years ago and slowly evolved in a stable relationship. Albeit officially forbidden, their relationship is tolerated and management even relocated Earl to control tower.

Callisto "Cal" Cheldaux.
Guardian fighter recently crashed (post 28). More details to follow.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on January 18, 2013, 09:55:52 AM

Callisto "Cal" Cheldaux.

OH

I thought it was one of the 5 Rookies that I used on my side of things. I was just trying to work out who it should be (and thinking that "how could you kill one of them GFs?!"  ). Hehehe

Now that i'm here, I might as well give a brief outlook at each of them

Rookie GF-1 (Amet), Grey - A Sniper, likes to use ranged weaponry while trying to remain outside enemy's sight, the most newest GF made - as he has a beta-test cloaking  devide installed in his systems.
2 appearances: #08 and #15

Rookie GF-2 (Killian), Skyblue - A Warrior, likes to use short-range weaponry like sabres and knifes, one of the only few GFs to be trained directly by Akrn
2 appearances: #08 and #19

Rookie GF-3 (Samuel), Maroon - A Striker, likes to strike from above - thus prefers Fighter mode over Walker mode, but when grounded, he uses rocket launchers and long-range artillery firepower
2 Apperances: #08 and #10

Rookie GF-4 (Letty), Fuchsia - Currently the only "female" GF in the team, uses electric-whips and crossbows to strike her enemies
3 appearances: #10, #15, #19

Rookie GF-5 (Maiorico), Forest Green - Italian-speaking and highly flamboyant GF, hugely unpopular with the other GFs and Akrn hates him even more so; but many times he has proven to be 'the' one that end up saving the day, has a more balanced approach to everything, a "modern version" of Miria, you could say.
No appearances yet.

These are the 5 GFs (in addition to Tetharil and Akrn) that I will use on my side ofthe story. But as UserK mentioned; there could be more :D

So whatever happaned to the "other" John on post 22?

Edit 21 January - Added primary colours to the 5 Guardian Fighters

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 17, 2013, 11:59:51 PMwish you all the best, though!
Heh, thanks! I guess it's over now, so I'll try coming up with something very soon  8)

RubyC42

QuotePost 29:
- You won't need to. Sigurbelle?
- Only this toolbox, I'm afraid...

Sigurbelle would have a pistol of her own, although it's very lightweight and used more as self-defence than for offense (think of that part with Samus with only a stun gun in Metroid:Zero Mission (GBA))  :D

Alright, time to think up something of my own, then!

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 18, 2013, 12:59:59 PMSigurbelle would have a pistol of her own, although it's very lightweight and used more as self-defence than for offense (think of that part with Samus with only a stun gun in Metroid:Zero Mission (GBA))  :D

Oh, alright, fixed then:

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on January 18, 2013, 12:36:06 PM- Only this stun pistol, I'm afraid... Maybe my toolbox can be of use, too.

RubyC42

Just updated post 30 to include two more areas, Areas 1 and 5

Area 9 will be open to anyone who wants to try play with any Guardian Fighters of their own :bluelander:

UserK

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 18, 2013, 10:18:02 AM
Callisto "Cal" Cheldaux.

OH

I thought it was one of the 5 Rookies that I used on my side of things. I was just trying to work out who it should be (and thinking that "how could you kill one of them GFs?!"  ). Hehehe[/quote]I actually believed you would borrow me one of them. After all, they were dispatching for scouting and it appeared nice to me one of them could have a serious trouble.

Cal is part of my current plan of pulling down the threat level. GFs were never detailed before and I needed one of them. We must find a way to fix this.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on January 22, 2013, 09:54:17 AMI actually believed you would borrow me one of them. After all, they were dispatching for scouting and it appeared nice to me one of them could have a serious trouble.

Cal is part of my current plan of pulling down the threat level. GFs were never detailed before and I needed one of them. We must find a way to fix this.

No, no, feel free to use one of them if you like, or stick with your own Cal if you prefer, let me know your preference. We could always integrate Cal into the rest of the team too.

[Technically, Amet the sniper remains unused in my latest post, post 30, so he could be freed up]