Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserK

Quote from: RubyC42 on February 01, 2013, 10:52:21 AM
So has Rey found the crash site or not?
I've been vague on purpose. He only had a very rough estimation of the crash site. Yes, he did spot something interesting (that's why he's "going down with a smile") but unfortunately he blindly jumped in the wrong direction. It'll take at least another post (three hours on Naju) for them to meet, unless Amet is really creative about getting in contact.
Graphically, that's what happened.

This week I spent a lot of time out looking for a job so I neglected writing this for obvious reasons. My original plan involved Amet starting a fire for easy location. He probably started building the fire while Rey entered the forest. I have still not decided how damaged he is. As you might have guessed however, this other half of Naju is not as easygoing as the colonized one. It will take several hours for them to get back to Rey's base camp where they will attempt communication.
This will likely happen while John Targa is in convalescence / being rebuilt.

For what's worth, I think it's an excellent idea to end Chapter 1 here, the story arcs seems to fit.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on February 02, 2013, 08:10:19 AMGraphically, that's what happened.

Cheers for the map, will come in handy. and yes, the "him coming down with a smile" had me thinking on the wrong track for a bit, too.

Just wanted to check on it before I polish up my post incase I misunderstood anything or the intentions (which  I'll admit happens pretty frequent...)

And there's no rush on anything. at least this RP isn't your particarly "fast" type or something, so it gives us a lot of time to juice our imaginations a bit.
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

Two posts today.
I plan to need other two posts, hopefully to be written in the next few days.
I hope you're all happy of how powerful I made Amet's weapons. It looked very likely to me that given his firepower, he should have been able to deal with a single enemy with no hassle at all!

Next post (expected tomorrow): Rey and Amet make their way back to the base camp. I still have to decide how hard they'll try to contact back Naju front side.
Following post: debriefing at the airport. Earl explains what's happened. Who wants to be there?

RubyC42

*scraps the entire draft he was making on Amet's side of the story* XD

QuoteI still have to decide how hard they'll try to contact back Naju front side.

That would depend on who will be doing the communicating, I am sure for Rey he will be trying to get in touch with the Airport Control Tower; although Amet will be trying to use it to contact either Tetharil (who is unavailable, Post 35) or Akrn himself, too.

Quotedebriefing at the airport. Earl explains what's happened. Who wants to be there?

My lastest post [post 35], I had Earl and Leona help out with the reconstruction at the Airport since the Crash of Compile [post 31] was so close to the airport i really doubted they would've stayed there not helping out... and since there's only a few hours after the crash it's very possible that they're  still helping out around the place. Though it is possible that Earl returned to the Control tower to the communicating system ringing from Rey.

Though if Earl makes his way back to the airport to explain it to Leona, then Sigurbelle will be there too. and possible Horaculous, depending on where the exchange takes place.

The fork at the end of the Naju-Frontside will be for the anticipated posts from EinhanderZwei - and of course Akrn, Killian and Samuel splitting from the group.

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Spudacus

Uh, Hi, i'm interested in getting involved in the RP, I've finished reading it, (Post 37) and hoping I can share some of the action. I'm thinking my character is inbound to Naju on an old space ship, luanched to a random destination.

Name:Malcom Jurthaen

Personality: Quiet, often in deep thought, a little introverted, likes to plan things out but also hates inaction.

Physical Appearance: Spartan (Halo) style armor, dark green and silver,opaque helmet. Some 6'1, a slighter build for spartan.

Bio: Abducted for the UNSC Spartan program at age 6, he was later subject to UNSC/Aperture science testing, a result of the Aperture
perpetual Testing Initiative (Portal 2) He has an experimental portal device that can create short lived portals on flat surfaces, but requires a great deal of energy. He was deployed during the Reach invasion, but dissapeared in the last hours before it was totally glassed. He has inserted in his neural lace an aperture personality core, the Conclusion Core (he calls her Cheryl ), that produces possible outcomes of his actions, feasible or not. This kinda interfers with his normal thought patterns, but she/it has been useful in the past as she/it seems to have a strange knowledge of foreign, outside factores. Kinda like a sphinx, or a djinn, not explaining the result, only telling it.
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

RubyC42

Welcome, welcome! :bluelander: it's great that there are more people joining the fun ;D

Hope the plotline isn't as complicated  as I thought it would have been for newcomers... there are some old posts in this thread that explained the planet Naju in more detail, too.

Any questions or things that need clarification feel free to ask, though  :bluelander:

Spudacus

Thanks, I'll admit the plot has been a tad confusing, but it's a pretty great story, and I'm a little nervous to join such great story tellers :).  I was thinking about making an "intro" paragraph on my character's situation, leaving it open to enter the plot. But hopefully not another crash landing, It's already kinda done, no offense to anyone.

RubyC42

Lol, Don't be shy :bluelander: we don't bite, although the monsters that appear in the RP do... short or long posts, it doesn't all that matter, so long there's a steady flow of the plotline then everything's all good.

Can't deny about the confusion part though, especially in the earlier posts, because the plotlines were (though still are, see the timeline image just above) separated to each other, so each poster had their own plotline that didn't particularly join up with others until a bit later.

I don't think we'll need another crash landing for now, that's for sure - How about Malcom just popping by for a stopover on his journey, gets curious about wth happened here and starts asking questions about the place - maybe it'll be an interesting place to join in  the main plot :bluelander:

But it's totally up to you; your character, your plot ;D

Spudacus

UserK

Hello Spudacus! I hoped you would just get intercepted by ThunderSpectrum somehow but anyway...

With the post I just published, Rey storyline is actually complete. No more messages involving him or Amet are supposed to appear in Episode I.
As I said however, there will be an extra post involving Earl (and perhaps Leona) to answer a few questions regarding Amet and the crash. This is going to happen 2-3 days after USF Compile crashed. At this point in time, there will still be no radio contact so Amet will still be MIA.
In Episode II, Amet and Rey will try to get radio contact. Somebody will have to pick them up I guess. Ideally, Episode II will end with them going back to base.

In the meanwhile, if someone wants to provide some important stuff I must not miss when writing Earl's debriefing, I'm all ears.

Anyway, the writing of this part was longer than predicted. I scrapped many useless details for the sake of keeping a good pace and a low word count.

I have also started to think at a way to join Donloteion side of story, supposed he comes back from the dead. I want to thank him (thank you Donloteion) for this, it's an awesome idea to celebrate 25th anniversary!

Spudacus

Oh dang, I completely forgot about Thunderspectrum. That sounds like a better plot builder than what I was doing. Maybe he gets beamed onto Thunderspectrum or something when he tries to eject?
Never mind

Spudacus

Alright *pant pant* first post interacting with other characters. I hope I didn't mess Letty's personality up or fiddle with the plot badly.

RubyC42

Quote from: Spudacus on February 10, 2013, 04:41:41 PM
Never mind

Oops, did I post too quick?

It's still possible that he was intercepted by ThunderSpectrum while on route during his cryojourney; which caused Sabre to dramatically and drastically deviate from its original flightpath and eventually run out of fuel just outside Naju? Since Malcom appeared to be incoherent which was a sign that he was not aware about wth he was involved in.

That's one idea...

Quote from: Spudacus on February 10, 2013, 05:52:38 PM
Alright *pant pant*.

XD need a break? I just thought that since everyone was posting I can't feel left behind or something  :P  :D

Quote from: Spudacus on February 10, 2013, 05:52:38 PM
I hope I didn't mess Letty's personality up or fiddle with the plot badly.

Actually, you're doing  a  great job on her :) After all she is facing someone totally alien to things they're used to seeing on Naju so I was sure that she needed to be as "professional" as she could be as a GF XD

RubyC42

A general note to everyone: EinhanderZwei told me that he is on another bout of burnout and other personal projects, so he won't be  posting for a little while...

Which implies that I probably will be holding back my next post as well; until at least he makes his part :bluelander:

I try keep the timeline image (on reply #78) updated as the posts come in, so if people are felling behind will know how the plot progress is looking at at the moment.

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RubyC42 on February 11, 2013, 02:09:54 AM
A general note to everyone: EinhanderZwei told me that he is on another bout of burnout and other personal projects, so he won't be  posting for a little while...
Guys, to be honest you've already jumped centuries forward, so right now I'm not even sure if I will able to ever catch up. Probably not