Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

Quote from: EinhanderZwei on February 11, 2013, 05:59:48 AM

Guys, to be honest you've already jumped centuries forward, so right now I'm not even sure if I will able to ever catch up. Probably not

You can always do a "This is between the events of Post X and Y" like I have done many times over (and you don't hear me complaining *shrug*)

Or tell me which posts are the offending ones and we'll get them deleted instead?
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: RubyC42 on February 11, 2013, 10:08:12 AMOr tell me which posts are the offending ones and we'll get them deleted instead?
Wha..?! Don't even think about this! O_O I'm ridiculously not worth doing this O_O

Spudacus

Quote from: RubyC42 on February 11, 2013, 12:02:34 AM

It's still possible that he was intercepted by ThunderSpectrum while on route during his cryojourney; which caused Sabre to dramatically and drastically deviate from its original flightpath and eventually run out of fuel just outside Naju? Since Malcom appeared to be incoherent which was a sign that he was not aware about wth he was involved in.

That's one idea...

I like that idea, it could speed up introductions since someone (Maybe Rydia) would know a bit about him from that.
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

UserK

So... my work is starting really slow. I have already been given my 1st day of "free vacation"... uhm uhm uhm.  :-[ Anyway!
I cannot quite figure out who's doing what so I've decided Earl would just talk to the man in command.

As you can read, Earl is... let's say "very liberal" with regard to even military authorities. I plan to introduce his corp in the future, in case the story evolves as planned, but it's a remote chance. That said, given the political pressure leveraged by his corp he was able to sign up Leona for evac as well. He thinks something is really going to be much worse. His shuttle is scheduled in 8 hours from the briefing. Leona is not scheduled yet but according to the deal she will be on a shuttle in no more than 72 hours.

Considering post 41 talks about "the last few days" it's very likely they are all evac already. I think we should really take timing more seriously as I cannot figure out much.
If you keep Ep I going, I will have to reactivate Rey and Amet.

RubyC42

maybe I was too quick in posting Post 41 after all... oh well. [If anyone wants to "rewind" the RP  a  little bit for the timeline to get in sync let us know

...and as i understood it, Post 41 was still only a few hours after the crash of compile (i thought i mentioned it at the top of the post).  the "last few days" that was mentioned was only talking about the events before that, you know, the Area 9/Far West problem [Posts 3~11] and the whole USF Compile storyline [Posts 13~32].

So, as far as timeline is concerned, we're still on the same day as the crash of compile, nearing midnight.

[As for me, I cannot post until EinhanderZwei comes back; my other main character: Tetharil Cannin, is locked on his side of the plot]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

All those things fixed in lass than a day? Wow, you're really making them over the top. Perhaps Compile was not as large as I intended.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on February 14, 2013, 11:13:34 AM
All those things fixed in lass than a day? Wow, you're really making them over the top. Perhaps Compile was not as large as I intended.

It was originally going to take about 48 hours; but we realised that it would cause offsync between our side and your side of the plotline so we eventually ditched it.

And it isn't fully fixed, just cleared enough to get the services going again, all the damage are still there, including the wreckage, so they're still "being" fixed.

Really, I thought they're all explained in Post 32 & 35...   ??? so it's either something to do with my grasp of english or something I am totally missing...

UserK

Yes, it is well explained in words. It's just I have a lot of trouble understanding how any "major" work can be completed in "hours". For much I tried, I have difficulty. But yes, it's what I read. It reads ok.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on February 14, 2013, 11:23:11 AM
Yes, it is well explained in words. It's just I have a lot of trouble understanding how any "major" work can be completed in "hours". For much I tried, I have difficulty. But yes, it's what I read. It reads ok.

I guess that depends on how damaged you originally thought the Airport suffered as the result of Compile's crash, from what I understood of EinhanderZwei's post [post 31], while there has been a lot of shatterd glass and rubbles. The whole terminal remained in one piece without any sections collapsing.

So, with that in mind, the "major" work that was undertaken in Post 35 was simply the clearing of the glass and rubbles from inside the terminal, clearing of any debris from the runway (so planes and spacecrafts can take off) and the healing of the injured passengers and John Targa. It could be something that in theory be done in couple hours.

ok, it's still stretched, but it's not too stretched like, say, a section of the terminal collapsing altogether and having to reconstruct it

Although in all honesty, i only did it to avoid any desyncing of the timelines, since you just said above that you took it seriously...

RubyC42

So, at this rate, it's now unlikely that our big host Donloteion (and at this point,  EinhanderZwei) are coming back to the RP.

What shall we do then? Head over to Chapter 2 or start a new RP altogether?

or has everyone lost interest by now (which i wouldn't be surprised)

UserK

I've had 2 full weeks at work so I neglected this.
I've been given a lot of free mornings in the next few weeks. I'd sure appreciate something to do when I'm at home.

I'm very surprised Donloteion never came back. He did something very bold with his almost totally fantasy setting.
As for EinhanderZwei, I think he's going to come back. Who knows what's going on with him.

Personally, as I said, I'm not going to write anything more in Ep 1. I'm not quite satisfied with how the story arc developed but I guess I'll have to take it as is.

So, what should we do?
First of all, I'd propose some rules:

• All posts in ep2 must be chronologically (in Naju time) after the last post of ep1.

I'm tempted to pull everything to google docs in timeline order, apply some additional formatting and see what comes out. But I think some of you guys have a problem with google?

RubyC42

If we want to go into Chapter 2 as is then I am fine with that, probably have to ditch a couple posts off Chapter 1 so the plot can flow smoothly (like, cut off at Post 40 and Chapter 2 will start from there instead? it seemed that posts 41, 42 and 43 are the problematic ones at least when we're talking chronology.)

Just let me know what your ideal plotline/plotprogress would've been and I'll adapt to that, if it helps.

UserK

Post 40 was supposed to be my last post in ep 1. As noted previously, I was a bit confused about the timeline. I see no problem with your post 41 and I appreciate you decided to make those zones on the "standard hazard" level. What's the problem here? I think it can stay, no problem.

I wouldn't move p 42 without hearing from Spudacus' first. I don't see much a chronological problem here as well, but sure it's not the best thing to have at an episode end.
Would it be good as a start? Well, sure it would fit better.

My post 43 was not even supposed to be there. I posted it to try starting the writing again and as an in-world way to communicate people in command know more or less what happened. I also had the need to lock up some near-future possibilities, sure we cannot have another disaster for a while.

For Ep 2, Rey and Amet are going to just try getting a stable radio contact. If everything goes best, they'll get picked up somehow at the end of Ep 2.

RubyC42

I asked because i remember you had trouble getting your head around the timeline that passed between posts 40 and 41 (you thought it was 48 hours passed already, eventhough it was probably less than 2) just a couple post above at reply 93, 94 and 95... although it is true that i should have waited for EinhanderZwei's post before posting that, oh well.

well, my characters are still tied to EinhanderZwei's side of the story so i am waiting for him to return, too. (so that rules out using Tetharil and Maiorico at least until then)

Would be interested in seeing how Spudacus adds to his/her side of the story  :bluelander:

UserK

Yes, I got this. Thank you very much. It's not much of a big problem anyway.